About AP ammo, Demos and Penetrator

Kyonshi

- Can you trigger the charge of a Demo by shooting him in the back with AP ammo?

- Sub-question : with Penetrator level 2 and beyond, your bullets can go through multiple targets lined up. So does that mean that if im lucky enough to have 4 Demos lined up, i can trigger them all at the same time by shooting them on the charge?

Interesting. Just to be sure @Gazz: Yes to both questions? 

Imo we shouldn´t be able to trigger it from behind. Unless using penetrator maybe. Not sure but would a button really work if it get´s smashed from the back side? Can´t imagine that tbh.

Tried a lot of things with the demolishers. Best option for me is still the rocket launcher with frag rockets. 2 shots with 4 points in demolition man plus using atom junkise and they are done (at least on survivalist, but i guess that goes for insane also). Reloading with bandolier is fast enough if you should trigger the bomb with the first shot.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

After reflection, my guess is that AP ammo by itself doesnt go through a target but negates the Armor rating and deals straight flat damage. So no, a single AP bullet wont go through the back of a Demo to trigger the charge on the chest. But then if you have Penetrator... 🤔

For the case of Penetrator perk and multiple lined up targets, that remains to be seen. I wish i was home and could test this out, this is intensily bugging my mind now 😆

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Kyonshi said:

After reflection, my guess is that AP ammo by itself doesnt go through a target but negates the Armor rating and deals straight flat damage. So no, a single AP bullet wont go through the back of a Demo to trigger the charge on the chest. But then if you have Penetrator... 🤔

For the case of Penetrator perk and multiple lined up targets, that remains to be seen. I wish i was home and could test this out, this is intensily bugging my mind now 😆

Ask and you shall receive. Was in a call but hope I made my points with mouse movements lol. No, you can't trigger the charge from behind but you certainly can trigger the charges of multiple demos with a single shot using the penetrator perk.

Video of it

Bummer.. should've refreshed the page, now there's a largish crater in my test world for no darn reason :)

Nothing real to add to Jugg's test, though, so good job!

As a difficulty though, getting even two demos lined up nicely while they're alive; not going to be easy. I have managed a triple headshot in a real game in the wild (no prep), but the triggers are so hard to aim for you're going to need some kind of a dedicated setup for it.

2 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Bummer.. should've refreshed the page, now there's a largish crater in my test world for no darn reason

Yeah that's a test compound with multiple levels for different tests I made out of stainless steel blocks, handy for that. I just load it into playtesting so any destruction gets fixed with a reload 😜

4 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Yeah that's a test compound with multiple levels for different tests I made out of stainless steel blocks, handy for that. I just load it into playtesting so any destruction gets fixed with a reload 😜

Sounds useful for a pro, but I do kinda like the memories of past tests piling up ... :)

Well.. with an M-60, AP ammo, and Penetrater 1 perked I've sawed through them well enough in a straight line.   Some activate and some

don't in live situations.  I imagine the button itself isn't always perfectly in line with the ones behind it because they do tend to twitch a lot. 

Not sure if that makes a big difference in terms of coding, but it's the biggest detail I note when im on horde duty.