More types of steel and explosive powders

AndrewT

If you know alot about gun powder then u would know that the old black powder is made with nitrate and coal sometimes charcoal in real life but there are more advanced and more powerful powders that we use today so it would be nice to have those stronger powders so all bullets can be harder hitting especially the AP rounds. as for steel im sure yall know we have several types of steel such as fluid steel which is the black steel used on todays pump action and semi auto shotguns and the classic stainless steel which is the strongest steel and would be nice to see it return to the game. now I also mentioned titanium would be a good building material being the strongest metal in existence but stainless steel would be a good upgrade from regular steel until you can get enough titanium supply to make a truly indestructible base.

14 hours ago, AndrewT said:

as for steel im sure yall know we have several types of steel such as fluid steel which is the black steel used on todays pump action and semi auto shotguns

Fluid steel is not used in today’s shotguns.  Most shotgun barrels today are a moly blend steel or another alloy steel which can handle modern loads.  Fluid steel is safe only for black powder loads and you are risking lives if you shoot modern loads in a fluid steel barrel.  Not saying that they cannot, but the risk is too high using a manufacturing technique from the 1800s..

Also, there are literally thousands of different types of steel grades out there.  Other than being historically accurate, how would having many different grades of steel improve gameplay?  Is 304 stainless steel better than 316 stainless steel for your application?

Edited by BFT2020
spelling errors (see edit history)

5 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Fluid steel is not used in today’s shotguns.  Most shotgun barrels today are a moly blend steel or another alloy steel which can handle modern loads.  Fluid steel is safe only for black powder loads and you are risking lives if you shoot modern loads in a fluid steel barrel.  Not saying that they cannot, but the risk is too high using a manifucturing technique from the 1800s..

Alos, there are literally thousands of different types of steel grades out there.  Other than being historically accurate, how would having many different grades of steel improve gameplay?  Is 304 stainless steel better than 316 stainless steel for your application?

honestly idk how it could work what he is saying

23 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

honestly idk how it could work what he is saying

It could work, but then you are moving from a zombie survival tower defense type of game into a factory / manufacturing simulator with zombies and bases.  When I want to play a survival zombie game, I play 7D2D.  When I want to play a manufacturing simulator type of game, I play Satisfactory or Factorio.

The thing is, when you start talking about specific steels and materials; at that point, you also need to start talking about all the different techniques to manufacture those materials (if you are striving for accuracy).  I work in the automotive industry, and I doubt anyone is going to be able to build a 4X4 or a motorcycle using the materials required and the workstation in this game.  However, it is a game, and those items are used to restrict / hinder the ability to make these vehicles right away.  I did chuckle the first time I made both of those items, but never felt that the game was lacking because it wasn't accurate.

As for the desire for an truly indestructible base, that would have to be addressed by mods.  Madmole does not want the player to be able to sit behind his defensive walls and not have any concerns about the enemy being able to break in.  The same thing about bases deep underground or players just getting in a vehicle to avoid the bloodmoon horde completely as it goes against the very nature of the game itself.  However, TFP has made a game that can be modified so people can fine tune it to the way they want to play the game; just don't expect these type of things to make it into the base game being produced by TFP.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

It could work, but then you are moving from a zombie survival tower defense type of game into a factory / manufacturing simulator with zombies and bases.  When I want to play a survival zombie game, I play 7D2D.  When I want to play a manufacturing simulator type of game, I play Satisfactory or Factorio.

The thing is, when you start talking about specific steels and materials; at that point, you also need to start talking about all the different techniques to manufacture those materials (if you are striving for accuracy).  I work in the automotive industry, and I doubt anyone is going to be able to build a 4X4 or a motorcycle using the materials required and the workstation in this game.  However, it is a game, and those items are used to restrict / hinder the ability to make these vehicles right away.  I did chuckle the first time I made both of those items, but never felt that the game was lacking because it wasn't accurate.

As for the desire for an truly indestructible base, that would have to be addressed by mods.  Madmole does not want the player to be able to sit behind his defensive walls and not have any concerns about the enemy being able to break in.  The same thing about bases deep underground or players just getting in a vehicle to avoid the bloodmoon horde completely as it goes against the very nature of the game itself.  However, TFP has made a game that can be modified so people can fine tune it to the way they want to play the game; just don't expect these type of things to make it into the base game being produced by TFP.

well my point is - he say how it's work in real world but don't say how it could it work in 7dtd.  

i will give example - " it should be a hummer with hmg because army have a lot of it in rly" - idea can be good but no usefull describtion how it can works. so this postulate  is bad.

"it should be a scrap tank.  well bandits can make a tank using road roller and put cannon there - you can find it bandits camp but you need to fix it - you need 100 forged steel 50 pips and 100  mechanical parts and fuel- well this is my art how it can looks like " - this idea is bad but have good describtion how it can work , what's rules and good addition of art . so this postulate is good

• 2 weeks later...