Map Markers with a small note

Grog Grueslayer

I'd like to see a way to place markers on the map with a small note that can be read when the mouse moves over it. The ability to add notes will help in not only exploring (buildings that you've been) but remembering points of interest like veins of ore, or ammunition boxes you run across. A few different colored flags or symbols to choose from so they don't have to always put the mouse over the map marker to read the note.

Thumbs up for this idea! You could click a waypoint on the map to activate compass tracking to it. Another nice touch would be that when you select a password for a safe or storage chest, you could also enter a description for the contents of the box that would show when you mouse over it-> "Storage chest (cooking) unlocked" It would save all the door slamming that drives me bananas when several people are all trying to find whatever they need :shame:

I love this idea to mark a note of what you found in that location, but I think it will work better if we are able to zoom out of the main map more. Right now we have very little room to zoom out and it makes it difficult to look at places we have discovered.

Bump. +1. Better yet, just let us enter text next to an icon (chosen from a list), and let use delete or edit them as we go. Waypoint for compass is done by selecting the icon, text read out after day/time shows the text associated with the active way point. Simples.

I agree. The map is so huge now (endless) that it's not easy/near impossible to find your way back to a previously visited location. I tried mapping If you could save/export the uncovered portions of the map as a jpg that would be something, but map marker and being able to zoom out more would help.

Archived