Jump to content

Logged out of Steam, Character Reset


WonOnOne
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I was playing 7TDT today until the power in my laptop died. I plug the charger back in, restart the laptop, and open Steam. Steam required me to enter my password to log in which it normally doesn't do. I enter my password and open 7DTD and play the saved game I've been playing for the last few months. My strip club base is exactly how I remember it, but my character has been completely reset as if I started a new game. 0 experience, only starting items, all my level 6 items are gone, traders only give me Tier I missions when I they were giving me Tier Vs before all this happened, etc.

 

Am I SOL? Any chance I can restore my old character? If not, I'm just going to quit 7DTD until A20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can give yourself the level 6 items you had from the creative menu. (F1, cm)

And you can give yourself all the books you've read from that menu.

You can give yourself the experience you're missing with the giveselfxp command.

I think the only thing you can't get back is the quests, but maybe it'll be fun

to go back and do the lower level ones again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WonOnOne said:

So I was playing 7TDT today until the power in my laptop died. I plug the charger back in, restart the laptop, and open Steam. Steam required me to enter my password to log in which it normally doesn't do. I enter my password and open 7DTD and play the saved game I've been playing for the last few months. My strip club base is exactly how I remember it, but my character has been completely reset as if I started a new game. 0 experience, only starting items, all my level 6 items are gone, traders only give me Tier I missions when I they were giving me Tier Vs before all this happened, etc.

 

Am I SOL? Any chance I can restore my old character? If not, I'm just going to quit 7DTD until A20.

 

Sorry about that: if the .bak file doesn't work, what Beelzybub said is the way but you can also so this to get your tier progression back:

 

*enable dm in the console
*enter tppoi in the console
*Teleport to trader of choice
*enter into the console: givequest test_turnin 10 times
*turn those quests in
*accept opening trade routes in the special jobs
*Hit escape, search for trader (click the trader that trader told you to go to, this trader should give you another one of those too)
*repeat as desired

 

The givequest quest_tierXcomplete works as well, but it doesn't seem to be triggering higher tier of quests properly.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback.

 

More on my issue in case FunPimps staff are reading:

 

My laptop died during the loading screen when I started the game. So maybe my character wasn't loaded yet, and at the moment my laptop died, the game thought my character was naked and saved it as such?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WonOnOne said:

Thanks for the feedback.

 

More on my issue in case FunPimps staff are reading:

 

My laptop died during the loading screen when I started the game. So maybe my character wasn't loaded yet, and at the moment my laptop died, the game thought my character was naked and saved it as such?

 

Well, not quite, any time you suddenly lose power like that/crash or something while a file is being used for read/write there's a chance of it being corrupted. The level 1 and etc is the game giving you another character rather than doing nothing but yelling at you about the corruption.

 

Drive speeds (probably general computer performance does reduce this chance, one more up for using a fast ssd / m.2 drive for save file directories). That is something I can't say is exact science, but I've had a lot of sudden crashes and force closures in tested unstable builds/experimenting with never a character corruption with fast drives, but if I use my laptop that has the game/os on a hard drive this is much more likely to have an issue.

 

All in all it's a nature of file handling with computers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WonOnOne said:

I logged on today and noticed all the trees in the map are gone. I'm sure other things are missing too. Guess I'll play again when A20 comes out.

If you post your log, maybe someone can help figure out your problem. Instructions are in the pinned message that says

to read it before posting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 10:39 PM, Beelzybub said:

If you post your log, maybe someone can help figure out your problem. Instructions are in the pinned message that says

to read it before posting.

I have no idea where the game folder is. I found the AppData folder and looked around in the 7DTD folder, but wasn't able to find an output log. I checked good ol' C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86), and it's not in there either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WonOnOne said:

I have no idea where the game folder is.

Right click the game in your steam library, select properties, select local files, select browse.

That will open your game folder in file explorer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...