Jump to content

Kudos to whoever rebalanced injuries in 19.5


Recommended Posts

Tending your wounds makes it so you can take actions normally without increasing injury timer but- you are still prone to further injury due to your injuries and heal time is 30m.
Thank you to whoever did this. Great QoL for injuries.

Now I dont feel like a 90yr old aputee trying to survive a zombie apocalypse when I have a broken pinkie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huh....that is not mentioned at all in the changelog. Are you sure you noticed that big of a difference between earlier A19 versions and A19.5? The whole injury system seems to be the same to me and I haven't noticed anyone working on it in the dev work log. Weird but....glad you like what you are seeing better than what you used to see. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you sure you didn't put points into the perk under fortitude that decreases how long it takes for critical injuries to heal?

 

I got a (very rare for me) broken leg today and it was the normal 2 hours until i put on a plaster cast and ate a health bar. I am almost positive that there have been no changes in the normal unperked untreated healing time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, katarynna said:

Are you sure you didn't put points into the perk under fortitude that decreases how long it takes for critical injuries to heal?

 

That be my thoughts on the matter. Arrrrrrr.

 

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, no perks into anything for healing. Just pure INT with 3 pts in STR for harvesting, block damage and food, all T1.
I just tended my injuries with medical supplies and had no issues so long as I could treat them.
If you dont treat them, its still lame like it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Pichii said:

Nope, no perks into anything for healing. Just pure INT with 3 pts in STR for harvesting, block damage and food, all T1.
I just tended my injuries with medical supplies and had no issues so long as I could treat them.
If you dont treat them, its still lame like it was.

 

I've always felt that to be true from the start. Whenever I treated the injury it cut the time for healing in half and I was not nearly as hampered as with the full injury. To be honest, it surprised me whenever people would complain that the timer was still too long after treating their injury and that they still couldn't do anything. To me, it almost felt like normal-- not quite and the timer extension for jumping or running on a bum leg even after treating it made me walk a lot but I felt like I could run and jump close to normal if I needed to and was willing to take the penalty for it. And then, of course, eating a health bar from the concession machine has been the Balm of the Gods ever since candy was introduced.

 

But, whatever the case, glad it is working in a way you are enjoying better now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, Roland said:

Huh....that is not mentioned at all in the changelog. Are you sure you noticed that big of a difference between earlier A19 versions and A19.5? The whole injury system seems to be the same to me and I haven't noticed anyone working on it in the dev work log. Weird but....glad you like what you are seeing better than what you used to see. :)

i for one have noticed a significant diff in injuries in A19 compared to the last alpha i played which is nice :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 7daystodierocks said:

i for one have noticed a significant diff in injuries in A19 compared to the last alpha i played which is nice :)


Well, yes…It was completely rebalanced for Alpha 19. The point is that that was for 19.0 which dropped a year ago. Since then there has been no changes to how it works which is why some of us are wondering about Pichi’s statement that in A19.5 it suddenly feels different. 
 

But maybe they didn’t play until now and the last version they did was A18. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2021 at 10:42 PM, Roland said:


Well, yes…It was completely rebalanced for Alpha 19. The point is that that was for 19.0 which dropped a year ago. Since then there has been no changes to how it works which is why some of us are wondering about Pichi’s statement that in A19.5 it suddenly feels different. 
 

But maybe they didn’t play until now and the last version they did was A18. 

true i was the same last version i had fully played prior to A19 was A16 so i can see how they may be confused on injuries

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...