Jump to content

THE BIG GUNS!!!


AndrewT
 Share

Recommended Posts

Its about time someone mentioned this idea and it would seriously be cool to have big heavy machine guns(50 cal) or artillery cannons with explosive shells for base defense now since artillery shells can blow up the ground players will need large concrete or steel foundations around their bases but it'll be tons of fun as players can send tons of zombies flyin like rag dolls. while heavy 50 cal machine guns can also be mounted on base walls as well as vehicles. the cannons can either be classic 19th century pieces with black powder shells or modern cannons with BIG BOOM shells. tell me what yall think

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i was writing about something similiar but - few things. 1 it must be connected with perks. 2 i suggest something small like mortal - it could be simple and work similiar to throwing tnt but on long range - but small crater because well preformance and similiar stuff. 3. only option to put hmg is : 1 put on ground like turret  and put into cars as mod but it will be diffrent item 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

i was writing about something similiar but - few things. 1 it must be connected with perks. 2 i suggest something small like mortal - it could be simple and work similiar to throwing tnt but on long range - but small crater because well preformance and similiar stuff. 3. only option to put hmg is : 1 put on ground like turret  and put into cars as mod but it will be diffrent item 

Yes cannons will be linked to most likely demo expert since they should use explosive shells and can only be deployed at bases as they would be too large and heavy for any vehicle while heavy machine guns such as the browning 50 caliber which can be linked to the machine gun books (like the M60) and not the perk, can be mounted on large vehicles like u would see in real life. but yes the cannons will make craters with their explosive shells so players will have to plan ahead when designing a base with plans to arm it with cannons. and u also mentioned mortars which i actually like but these mortars will need the aiming ark line like u see in other games that have mortars otherwise it'll be impossible to aim with the mortars and since mortars fire HUGE explosive shells players bases will need heavy concrete or steel foundations all around their bases in order to not worry about big craters all over  the place after fighting hordes but despite all the hardships with these heavy weapons the satisfaction of watching zombies get slaughtered by intense machinegun fire or being sent flying like rag dolls by cannon fire will make it all worth it. I also said that they can add 19th century cannons as well as modern ones well that can work to make a tier system for the cannons as the classic breach loading cannons from the 19th century can be the low tier while single shot or multi shot modern cannons can be the mid to high tier weapons of this class so classic cannons can be made with thick iron while advanced cannons are made with steel just like real life. but long story short these heavy machine guns and cannons would be a great addition as it would make fighting hordes more fun, especially for players who like blowing everything up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also matt I posted in the general discussions section that the current load animation for the M60 is actually not correct. If u know alot about guns like I do u would know that the M60 is an open bolt weapon meaning when loading it u have to yank the @%$# back to pull back the locking bolt first so its out of the way when loading an ammo belt, the same applies to every belt fed machine gun in existence. currently the animation shows the player yanking the bolt back last when that's not right as the bolt would be in the way of any ammo belts u try to load with. in A18 the M60 had the proper loading animation so I don't know why they changed it in A19 but that's just something I noticed because I happen to know alot about all kinds of guns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

Yes cannons will be linked to most likely demo expert since they should use explosive shells and can only be deployed at bases as they would be too large and heavy for any vehicle while heavy machine guns such as the browning 50 caliber which can be linked to the machine gun books (like the M60) and not the perk, can be mounted on large vehicles like u would see in real life. but yes the cannons will make craters with their explosive shells so players will have to plan ahead when designing a base with plans to arm it with cannons. and u also mentioned mortars which i actually like but these mortars will need the aiming ark line like u see in other games that have mortars otherwise it'll be impossible to aim with the mortars and since mortars fire HUGE explosive shells players bases will need heavy concrete or steel foundations all around their bases in order to not worry about big craters all over  the place after fighting hordes but despite all the hardships with these heavy weapons the satisfaction of watching zombies get slaughtered by intense machinegun fire or being sent flying like rag dolls by cannon fire will make it all worth it. I also said that they can add 19th century cannons as well as modern ones well that can work to make a tier system for the cannons as the classic breach loading cannons from the 19th century can be the low tier while single shot or multi shot modern cannons can be the mid to high tier weapons of this class so classic cannons can be made with thick iron while advanced cannons are made with steel just like real life. but long story short these heavy machine guns and cannons would be a great addition as it would make fighting hordes more fun, especially for players who like blowing everything up.

it will be coding mess with this base idea.  and a lot of optimalisation problems.  it's very hard to aim mortar in far cry 2 but it is possible and well explosions of mortar are quiet small in coh2 and frag bf1 so it could be best way as another type of trap against zombie in blood moon- big dmg stun and smal rangdoll to keep fps on 60. and honestly cannon from 19 suits to 7dtd like blunderss in cod advance warfare. well mortal is quiet easy to make, but find a cannon? nope Other Media

42 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

Also matt I posted in the general discussions section that the current load animation for the M60 is actually not correct. If u know alot about guns like I do u would know that the M60 is an open bolt weapon meaning when loading it u have to yank the @%$# back to pull back the locking bolt first so its out of the way when loading an ammo belt, the same applies to every belt fed machine gun in existence. currently the animation shows the player yanking the bolt back last when that's not right as the bolt would be in the way of any ammo belts u try to load with. in A18 the M60 had the proper loading animation so I don't know why they changed it in A19 but that's just something I noticed because I happen to know alot about all kinds of guns.

I didn't write anything about animations XD i know only that if you want to put on car it must be mod type of item not a block as turret. an honestly i don't care about animations of gun when zombies looks like army of clones - 3 this same looking nurse and 2 this same looking guy in top in bigger problem in my opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

it will be coding mess with this base idea.  and a lot of optimalisation problems.  it's very hard to aim mortar in far cry 2 but it is possible and well explosions of mortar are quiet small in coh2 and frag bf1 so it could be best way as another type of trap against zombie in blood moon- big dmg stun and smal rangdoll to keep fps on 60. and honestly cannon from 19 suits to 7dtd like blunderss in cod advance warfare. well mortal is quiet easy to make, but find a cannon? nope Other Media

I didn't write anything about animations XD i know only that if you want to put on car it must be mod type of item not a block as turret. an honestly i don't care about animations of gun when zombies looks like army of clones - 3 this same looking nurse and 2 this same looking guy in top in bigger problem in my opinion

yeah that is true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It`s one of my wet dreams also, to be honest, Andrew. Having stationary cannons which could be controlled by the player is not a bad idea. Also, stationary .50 could be used as a minigame in a mission to defend a choke point with other players. One guy could take control over the stationary cannon and spray through a barricade right at incoming zeds during a mission - pretty generic but might be fun. 

 

Honestly, I really would like to have a chance to steer a real deal truck in 2 versions, 1 pickup and the second as a military truck 4x4 with a stationary cannon or a controllable robotic turret, vehicle on high suspension, completely bulletproof against smaller caliber. Having 5 seats on board could be definitely enough for my bad company. Enemy player(s) might then set up traps, try to blow the turret as a separate element, ground the vehicle with a mine, etc. Full restoration of max speed and armor would require retreat to a safe base after initial repairs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 9:56 PM, TWORDY said:

It`s one of my wet dreams also, to be honest, Andrew. Having stationary cannons which could be controlled by the player is not a bad idea. Also, stationary .50 could be used as a minigame in a mission to defend a choke point with other players. One guy could take control over the stationary cannon and spray through a barricade right at incoming zeds during a mission - pretty generic but might be fun. 

 

Honestly, I really would like to have a chance to steer a real deal truck in 2 versions, 1 pickup and the second as a military truck 4x4 with a stationary cannon or a controllable robotic turret, vehicle on high suspension, completely bulletproof against smaller caliber. Having 5 seats on board could be definitely enough for my bad company. Enemy player(s) might then set up traps, try to blow the turret as a separate element, ground the vehicle with a mine, etc. Full restoration of max speed and armor would require retreat to a safe base after initial repairs.

yes it would be awesome to use something like a drivable version of the army truck u find in several military POIS that can be modified by adding more armor and of course a large cannon or a .50 caliber machine gun depending on ur objective weather that be slaughtering a huge horde of zombies with big bullets or blasting larger tougher zombies with explosive shells from the cannon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AndrewT said:

yes it would be awesome to use something like a drivable version of the army truck u find in several military POIS that can be modified by adding more armor and of course a large cannon or a .50 caliber machine gun depending on ur objective weather that be slaughtering a huge horde of zombies with big bullets or blasting larger tougher zombies with explosive shells from the cannon.

it is pvp to and it will destroy balance  and could be to much overpower

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 9:44 AM, Matt115 said:

it is pvp to and it will destroy balance  and could be to much overpower

Well for starters i dont play PVP I only started this topic to get thoughts from other players on how satisfying it would be to use the big machine guns or cannons on zombies. Plus the Browning .50 caliber and cannons with explosive shells would be a great expansion on base turrets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Well for starters i dont play PVP I only started this topic to get thoughts from other players on how satisfying it would be to use the big machine guns or cannons on zombies. Plus the Browning .50 caliber and cannons with explosive shells would be a great expansion on base turrets

okay i will tell this in more - if something is positie in one way it can be big problem in another way. if you love shotguns in cod you will be happy about buffed them but someone who hate people with shotguns it will be annoying. So - this idea can be good but must be suit  well - that's why cannon could be fun for 15 min but after that time it will be annoing. I want to see mortar - small range just throwing  granadets farer. that why i want see broken hummer in 7dtd but drivable not. mg can works as turret but you need use it to shot. but it can be too much op. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...