Something i'm shocked hasn't been discussed yet: Food!

buttshredder

I for one absolutely love how the cooking system becomes more complex the further in game you get, but i feel like there's a lot of room for even more food recipes. I know that mods like Darkness falls often add extra food items and whatnot, but for me, i see that just adding like 1 or 2 new food items to the game can suddenly open just a LOT of different opportunities.

One example would be something simple, processed cheese. Suddenly a whole new world opens up.

Cheese + Large Beef Ration + Cornbread = Cheeseburger

Cheese + Can of Pasta = Mac and Cheese

Cheese + Cornbread + Animal fat = Grilled Cheese

Cheese + Potato + Raw Meat = Loaded baked potato

Let's get even weirder.

Cheese + Beer + Large Chicken Ration + Cornmeal + Animal Fat = Nachos (because Beer cheese sauce)

Mac and Cheese + Peas + Canned Tuna = Tuna Casserole

Cheese + Chili Dog = Chili Cheese Dog

Now that i think about it, there potential for things not cheese related too!

Large Chicken Ration + Cornmeal + Animal Fat = Fried Chicken

I could keep going but i think i've made my point. I'd absolutely love to see what else you guys could come up with as well.

• Have a Cookie 1

I would like the ability to create recipes of our own in-game, like in Ark. Each food type has stats and effects. Cooking them together may erase some effects (such as food poisoning from uncooked meat) and add others (well fed for creating something with a food value a certain amount). In Ark we craft the item and it gets written down on a piece of paper which stores the ingredients and all. Then we can use that as a recipe and others may use it also. Maybe something like that?

Oh, and we can make a jeep, can we make a better cooker in a future release?

Here's how it is done in Ark if you want to get an idea of my thoughts.

https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Custom_Consumable

15 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I would like the ability to create recipes of our own in-game, like in Ark. Each food type has stats and effects. Cooking them together may erase some effects (such as food poisoning from uncooked meat) and add others (well fed for creating something with a food value a certain amount). In Ark we craft the item and it gets written down on a piece of paper which stores the ingredients and all. Then we can use that as a recipe and others may use it also. Maybe something like that?

Oh, and we can make a jeep, can we make a better cooker in a future release?

Here's how it is done in Ark if you want to get an idea of my thoughts.

https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Custom_Consumable

better cooker no likly - it is connected with perk so you have  1 station for perk - workbench for advanced , chemistry for medical stuff , cemenet mixery in theory  is in advanced but working of it more conested with mother lode and miner 69'er camp fire is connected with top chef and have 3 upgrades

On 7/21/2021 at 5:36 PM, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I don't see what the issue is. In C++ you can extend classes. The new cooker just inherits everything from the campfire.

i mean  in progresive + logical balance not programing in this situations. it can add for example tank but if it will works good and be balanced etc? not so simple

11 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

Yes, it should. We can build giant gun safes, 4x4 jeeps, motorcycles ridden by The Four Horsemen, and there'a  balance issue with a single item that can cook say four items at once as opposed to me making four individual campfires?

... what the hell? safe jeep , motorcycles are not  work stations . this is something like you said : house is a weapon too . campfire is crafting station , forge is crafting station, chemistry station is crafting station etc

campfire- food

chemisty station - medicine

forge- iron and steel

workbench advanced stuff

cement mixer - defense stuff

everything has one level so it doesn't have sense to put tier 2 of crafting station for food only

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

... what the hell? safe jeep , motorcycles are not  work stations . this is something like you said : house is a weapon too . campfire is crafting station , forge is crafting station, chemistry station is crafting station etc

campfire- food

chemisty station - medicine

forge- iron and steel

workbench advanced stuff

cement mixer - defense stuff

everything has one level so it doesn't have sense to put tier 2 of crafting station for food only

workstations are not equal. Some are available from the start (campfire, forge) and others are supposed to be mid game. An advanced workstation for something available from the start could be an option.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

workstations are not equal. Some are available from the start (campfire, forge) and others are supposed to be mid game. An advanced workstation for something available from the start could be an option.

well he want something as campfire tier 2 so it could be quiet bad idea

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

well he want something as campfire tier 2 so it could be quiet bad idea

I don't see the problem. Imagine a late game cooking station that operates on electricity. This would be a pure comfort upgrade as wood is limitless at that stage. It would still be sought after.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Just now, meganoth said:

I don't see the problem. Imagine a late game cooking station that operates on electricity. This would be a pure comfort upgrade as wood is limitless at that stage. It would still be sought after.

i could agree if would be added cement mixed as truck as tier 2 and  3d printer as workbench tier 2