New Trader POI "Parking Lot Trading Post"

Rare Avantgarde Rat

My concept art #1 "Parking Lot Trading Post"

maxim-toyek-bus-finish-clear.jpg?1615026
ENG: 
The idea was to make a merchant who would use the old bus as a home and at the same time as a warehouse.Initially, I planned to make it mobile, but soon changed my mind and decided that it would be more correct to make it static and build a base around it .
As a basis, I took an abandoned and partially destroyed parking lot and turned it into a well-protected trading post.I created the location so that it was possible to enter it by transport for unloading and selling goods, or vice versa, for loading newly purchased items into transport.I also meant that there are guards on this territory (these four towers were created for a reason), but I decided not to depict them to save time (but it would be better to depict them for completeness).This is the most basic thing I wanted to tell you about this image.I also want to say that I will continue to make concepts with my ideas for this game.You can see the steps for creating an image in the link below:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v2rB03

RU:
Идея заключалась в том чтобы сделать торговца который будет использовать старый автобус в качестве дома и одновременно склада.Изначально планировал сделать его мобильным,но вскоре передумал и решил что будет правильнее сделать его статичным и возвести вокруг него базу.За основу я взял заброшенную и частично разрушенную парковку и превратил ее в хорошо защищенный торговый пост.Локацию я создавал так чтобы в нее возможно было осуществить въезд на транспорте для разгрузки и продажи товара или же наоборот,для загрузки свеже приобретенных вещей в транспорт.Так же я подразумевал что на этой территории есть охранники (эти четыре вышки созданы не просто так),но решил их не изображать для экономии времени (но лучше бы изобразил их для полноты картины) .Это самое основное что я хотел рассказать об этом изображении.Так же хочу сказать что продолжу делать концепты со своими идеями для этой игры.Этапы создания изображения вы можете увидеть в ссылке ниже:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v2rB03"

7 hours ago, Rare Avantgarde Rat said:

My concept art #1 "Parking Lot Trading Post"

maxim-toyek-bus-finish-clear.jpg?1615026
ENG: 
The idea was to make a merchant who would use the old bus as a home and at the same time as a warehouse.Initially, I planned to make it mobile, but soon changed my mind and decided that it would be more correct to make it static and build a base around it .
As a basis, I took an abandoned and partially destroyed parking lot and turned it into a well-protected trading post.I created the location so that it was possible to enter it by transport for unloading and selling goods, or vice versa, for loading newly purchased items into transport.I also meant that there are guards on this territory (these four towers were created for a reason), but I decided not to depict them to save time (but it would be better to depict them for completeness).This is the most basic thing I wanted to tell you about this image.I also want to say that I will continue to make concepts with my ideas for this game.You can see the steps for creating an image in the link below:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v2rB03

RU:
Идея заключалась в том чтобы сделать торговца который будет использовать старый автобус в качестве дома и одновременно склада.Изначально планировал сделать его мобильным,но вскоре передумал и решил что будет правильнее сделать его статичным и возвести вокруг него базу.За основу я взял заброшенную и частично разрушенную парковку и превратил ее в хорошо защищенный торговый пост.Локацию я создавал так чтобы в нее возможно было осуществить въезд на транспорте для разгрузки и продажи товара или же наоборот,для загрузки свеже приобретенных вещей в транспорт.Так же я подразумевал что на этой территории есть охранники (эти четыре вышки созданы не просто так),но решил их не изображать для экономии времени (но лучше бы изобразил их для полноты картины) .Это самое основное что я хотел рассказать об этом изображении.Так же хочу сказать что продолжу делать концепты со своими идеями для этой игры.Этапы создания изображения вы можете увидеть в ссылке ниже:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v2rB03"

this looks rly good but could i give you some advice to this concept art?

2 minutes ago, Rare Avantgarde Rat said:

This is an old image, but I'll certainly be glad to hear criticism.

ok  i will make few points:

1. good idea woudl be to add metal barriers in ww 2 style near gate - as something to avoid ram a gate using a truck

2. change place of generator - it could be easy to hit so better place could be  behind tent 

3. put spotlight on towers

btw rest of this idea is rly good.

21 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

ok  i will make few points:

1. good idea woudl be to add metal barriers in ww 2 style near gate - as something to avoid ram a gate using a truck

2. change place of generator - it could be easy to hit so better place could be  behind tent 

3. put spotlight on towers

btw rest of this idea is rly good.

1. At the initial stage, there were anti-tank hedgehogs,but I refused them because they did not fit well and they are much less common than the same concrete blocks.

2. I thought about the location of the generator that you are talking about,but changed my mind because it simply would not be visible,but I agree that it would be better to move it, to be honest, I would generally change almost the entire scene.

3.  As for the lanterns, I added a lantern to the tower closest to us,but I forgot to add it to the others,I wouldn't even have noticed if you hadn't said, ahaha

thank you for your criticism

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Rare Avantgarde Rat said:

1. At the initial stage, there were anti-tank hedgehogs,but I refused them because they did not fit well and they are much less common than the same concrete blocks.

2. I thought about the location of the generator that you are talking about,but changed my mind because it simply would not be visible,but I agree that it would be better to move it, to be honest, I would generally change almost the entire scene.

3.  As for the lanterns, I added a lantern to the tower closest to us,but I forgot to add it to the others,I wouldn't even have noticed if you hadn't said, ahaha

thank you for your criticism

spacer.png

okay :) 

to 1 : it can be done in very primitive but usefull way - put rails on it  like: 

Anti-tank obstacles - Wikipedia

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

I can't understand only one thing - what does "concept art" mean in your understanding here?

In this case, what do you have? is this a modelled location? or a picture that i can't distinguish from the model?

The 7dtd world consists of blocks... so why model locations - create separate blocks of scenery from which you can make a location in the ingame editor... or i something understand wrong?

Я не могу понять только одно - что значит "концепт арт" в вашем понимании здесь

В данном случае что у вас есть? это смоделированная локация? или такой рисунок который я от модели не могу отличить?  

Мир 7dtd состоит из блоков... так зачем моделить локации - создавайте отдельные блоки декорации из котороых можно сделать локацию в редакторе... или я чот не так понял?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, n2n1 said:

I can't understand only one thing - what does "concept art" mean in your understanding here?

In this case, what do you have? is this a modelled location? or a picture that i can't distinguish from the model?

The 7dtd world consists of blocks... so why model locations - create separate blocks of scenery from which you can make a location in the ingame editor... or i something understand wrong?

В данном случае что у вас есть? это смоделированная локация? или такой рисунок который я от модели не могу отличить?  

Мир 7dtd состоит из блоков... так зачем моделить локации - создавайте отдельные блоки декорации из котороых можно сделать локацию в редакторе... или я чот не так понял?

well we actually have tents, watch towers, generator could be 2x2 blocks or use actual generator , barriers looks like 1x1 block with angles ( like chair desk etc) , barber wire can be just another style of wire , crates are actual here , only bus is problem so maybe easier could be metal barrack - btw concept art - it is something that show how something can looks like - in production stuff are changing like  - diffrents statue in tomb rider, diffrent set of boxes and maybe less flags in cod in some locations etc.  concept art is more precise idea of something - location prop enemy that description but doesn't mean it will be 1;1 in game

2 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Concept art in this case is the visualization of my idea into an image .Content,design, history, and so on.
What do I have?There is an image (a concept made by me) that conveys all the necessary information for the modeler or the one who will recreate it, namely: size,objects, content, mood, and so on.
The 3D model acted as a hint for me,I did not mean adding a location to the game as a whole model,but like all other locations with the help of an in-game editor.
As for decorative blocks, I have no desire and knowledge to do this.

Концепт-арт в данном случае это визуализация моей идеи в изображение .Наполнение,дизайн,история и прочее.
Что у меня есть?Есть изображение (концепт сделанный мною) который передает всю нужную информацию для моделера или того кто будет ее воссоздавать,а именно: размер,объекты,наполнение,настроение и прочее.
3Д модель выступала в качестве подсказки для меня,я не имел ввиду добавление локации в игру как цельную модель,а как и все другие локации при помощи внутриигрового редактора.
Насчет декоративных блоков,у меня нет никакого желания и знаний для того чтобы этим заниматься.

1 hour ago, Rare Avantgarde Rat said:

Concept art in this case is the visualization of my idea into an image .Content,design, history, and so on.
What do I have?There is an image (a concept made by me) that conveys all the necessary information for the modeler or the one who will recreate it, namely: size,objects, content, mood, and so on.
The 3D model acted as a hint for me,I did not mean adding a location to the game as a whole model,but like all other locations with the help of an in-game editor.
As for decorative blocks, I have no desire and knowledge to do this.

Концепт-арт в данном случае это визуализация моей идеи в изображение .Наполнение,дизайн,история и прочее.
Что у меня есть?Есть изображение (концепт сделанный мною) который передает всю нужную информацию для моделера или того кто будет ее воссоздавать,а именно: размер,объекты,наполнение,настроение и прочее.
3Д модель выступала в качестве подсказки для меня,я не имел ввиду добавление локации в игру как цельную модель,а как и все другие локации при помощи внутриигрового редактора.
Насчет декоративных блоков,у меня нет никакого желания и знаний для того чтобы этим заниматься.

... Ну я Вас тогда вообще не понимаю... :)

Если возможности ее реализовать не будет, (а это имеет смысл только в качестве отдельных декораций(по блокам), что кстати вообще не сложно по сравнению с идеей генерации мира из игры) то.... тогда зачем все это?

Ииии так  все же...  у вас есть 3д модель этой локации, или это только рисунок?  

.. Well, then i don't understand you at all... :) 

If it is not possible to implement it, (and this makes sense only as separate decorations(blocks), which by the way is not difficult at all compared to the idea of generating a world from a game) then.... then why all this?

Sooo... do you have a 3d-model of this location, or is it just a paints?

2 hours ago, Rare Avantgarde Rat said:

..... который передает всю нужную информацию для моделера или того кто будет ее воссоздавать,а именно: размер,объекты,наполнение,настроение и прочее.

В других играх со статичным миром - да, все именно так и происходит.

Но тут (в 7дтд) это работает по другому. Тут как в конструкторе состои из кирпичиков - и только из них, посредством редактора уровней создаются локации. 

ММ тоже делал подобные рисунки трейдер станций, но - он делал именно рисунки, а не на основе рендера. Поэтому я и спрашиваю. 

Хорошо, спрошу напрямую - вы действительно моделите на таком уровне или вы использовали сторонние ассеты?

И вы уж извините что так напористо и прямо  (не часто вижу что то достойное) :)

In other games with a static world - yes, that's exactly what happens.

But here (in 7dtd) it works differently. Here, as in the constructor, consist of bricks - and only from them, through the level editor, locations are created.

MM also made similar drawings of the trader stations, but-he did exactly the drawings, and not based on the render. That's why I'm asking.

Я знаю о том как работает статичный и воксельный мир как в игре (играю с первой альфы 😃 ). Покажешь подобные рисунки которые делал ММ?  

Тут от 3д мало чего осталось.3д я использовал для того чтобы просто построить перспективу (крайне примитивные вещи,но все моделил сам) ,а дальше отрисовывал и обтягивал фотографиями (техника называется "фотобаш" )

I know about how the static and voxel world works as in the game (I play from the first alpha 😃 ). Will you show me similar drawings that MM did?

There's not much left of 3d here.I used 3d to simply build a perspective (extremely primitive things, but I modeled everything myself), and then I drew and covered it with photos (the technique is called "photobashing")

unti231_png.png

1 hour ago, n2n1 said:

... Ну я Вас тогда вообще не понимаю... :)

Если возможности ее реализовать не будет, (а это имеет смысл только в качестве отдельных декораций(по блокам), что кстати вообще не сложно по сравнению с идеей генерации мира из игры) то.... тогда зачем все это?

Ииии так  все же...  у вас есть 3д модель этой локации, или это только рисунок?  

.. Well, then i don't understand you at all... :) 

If it is not possible to implement it, (and this makes sense only as separate decorations(blocks), which by the way is not difficult at all compared to the idea of generating a world from a game) then.... then why all this?

Sooo... do you have a 3d-model of this location, or is it just a paints?

Основная цель - потренироваться в концепт-арте ,так как я планирую работать в этой сфере и мне нужен сейчас опыт и изображения для портфолио.Но локации создавались с мыслями о том чтобы они подходили к миру 7d2d.
К вопросу о воссоздании,я думаю что ее можно создать и на основе уже существующих блоков,не обязательно ее делать 1 в 1 .
3д Модель есть,приложил фото к прошлому ответу.Надеюсь что смог ответить

The main goal is to train in concept art, since I plan to work in this field and I need experience and images for my portfolio now.But the locations were created with the idea that they would fit the world of 7d2d.
To the question of recreating,I think that it can be created on the basis of already existing blocks,it is not necessary to do it 1 in 1 .
there is a 3d model, I attached a photo to the last answer.I hope that I was able to answer

1 hour ago, Rare Avantgarde Rat said:

Тут от 3д мало чего осталось.3д я использовал для того чтобы просто построить перспективу (крайне примитивные вещи,но все моделил сам) ,а дальше отрисовывал и обтягивал фотографиями (техника называется "фотобаш" )

unti231_png.png

Аааа, вот оно чо .... а я вообще не слыхивал что так можно.... теперь понятно :).

Как бы то ни было - сделано хорошо и атмосферно!

Но все равно, чисто на мой взгляд, такой подход концепт артов совершенно не подходит для 7дтд.... Эт чисто мое мнение.

Я тоже занимаюсь много созданием локаций и мне подобный рисунок совсем не помог бы. А вот на отдельные детали/элементы тут много что можно взять. Но ценность их была бы реальной если бы они были отдельными моделями.

И вот поэтому я и начал вас расспрашивать. Т.е. я хотел посоветовать Вам создать отдельные блоки - декораций и собрать из них локацию. И тогда это было бы возможно сделать, например, как отдельный мод для ваниллы....

ММ делал эти наброски баз трейдеров еще до А16 или около того. Они были просто рисунками. Прям вот найти их на форуме целенаправленно вряд ли смогу, но бывает попадаются на глаза.

Ahhh.... I did not hear at all that this is possible.... now i understand .

Whatever it was - it was done well and atmospheric!

But still, purely in my opinion, this approach of concept art is absolutely not suitable for 7dtd.... This is purely my opinion.

I also do a lot of creating locations and such a drawing would not help me at all. But there is a lot to take for individual parts/elements here. But their value would be real if they were separate models.

That's why i started asking you questions. I would like to advise you to create separate blocks of scenery and assemble a location from them. It would be possible to do this as a separate mod for vanilla....

MM made these sketches of traders ' bases even before A16, or so. They were just drawings. I can hardly find them on the forum purposefully, but sometimes they catch my eye.

3 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Аааа, вот оно чо .... а я вообще не слыхивал что так можно.... теперь понятно :).

Как бы то ни было - сделано хорошо и атмосферно!

Но все равно, чисто на мой взгляд, такой подход концепт артов совершенно не подходит для 7дтд.... Эт чисто мое мнение.

Я тоже занимаюсь много созданием локаций и мне подобный рисунок совсем не помог бы. А вот на отдельные детали/элементы тут много что можно взять. Но ценность их была бы реальной если бы они были отдельными моделями.

И вот поэтому я и начал вас расспрашивать. Т.е. я хотел посоветовать Вам создать отдельные блоки - декораций и собрать из них локацию. И тогда это было бы возможно сделать, например, как отдельный мод для ваниллы....

ММ делал эти наброски баз трейдеров еще до А16 или около того. Они были просто рисунками. Прям вот найти их на форуме целенаправленно вряд ли смогу, но бывает попадаются на глаза.

Ahhh.... I did not hear at all that this is possible.... now i understand .

Whatever it was - it was done well and atmospheric!

But still, purely in my opinion, this approach of concept art is absolutely not suitable for 7dtd.... This is purely my opinion.

I also do a lot of creating locations and such a drawing would not help me at all. But there is a lot to take for individual parts/elements here. But their value would be real if they were separate models.

That's why i started asking you questions. I would like to advise you to create separate blocks of scenery and assemble a location from them. It would be possible to do this as a separate mod for vanilla....

MM made these sketches of traders ' bases even before A16, or so. They were just drawings. I can hardly find them on the forum purposefully, but sometimes they catch my eye.

well i will give you example :

this offical concept art from 2017 from twitter  

i think most of this stuff can't work like junk in this places cranes etc on so small place you honestly can't do this in 7dtd. in A20 we will get 100 new props so this is not problem. so base from concept art of @Rare Avantgarde Rat  you can make in 7 dtd in creative mod with some changes - change generator , bus change into barracks ,barriers change into sandbags and you can do something similar

7 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Yes, this is concept-art what i meant.

But, to be honest -this concept art seems useless to me within the framework of 7dtd (this is just my opinion :))

well i was looking in props and block in creative and i think  only changes could be : change bus into small bus station ( idk how its looks in usa but in russia and poland we have similiar in small cities ) and change small boxes into typical boxes and military crates

33 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

well i was looking in props and block in creative and i think  only changes could be : change bus into small bus station ( idk how its looks in usa but in russia and poland we have similiar in small cities ) and change small boxes into typical boxes and military crates

In my experience of creating prefabs, the main problem of creating a prefab according to the concept - is the space inside the prefab, the distance between the blocks impose a greater restriction on the practical implementation. They turn out either spacious or beautiful.

By the way, this is the problem that manifests itself in modern vanilla prefabs - they are very tight, compared to the old ones....but it looks beautiful.

1 hour ago, n2n1 said:

In my experience of creating prefabs, the main problem of creating a prefab according to the concept - is the space inside the prefab, the distance between the blocks impose a greater restriction on the practical implementation. They turn out either spacious or beautiful.

By the way, this is the problem that manifests itself in modern vanilla prefabs - they are very tight, compared to the old ones....but it looks beautiful.

well distance it changing when is something making well sometimes road it to short or to long etc  and this is quiet normal and it can be done probably. btw i hate a venicle scale in nza 4 because they looks to big and are everywhere is some places so it's looks stupid. 

okay a make a small "model" of this base : ( how to put screen from steam here?) and here is my conclusions : wall must be at least 4 block + 1 of barber wire , camper truck instead  bus , typical military tent will be point for scale - and using this it will be work