Zombies don't spawn anymore.

kimila

i am afraid you are not giving anything for the guys here to investigate.

there can be dozens of reason for this issue but if you do not bother to give output logs, game/server config settings, type of map and size and much more... then its all just guesses.

look at the banners at top of every thread and one will lead you to how and what is needed for a proper report... even tho this is not the bug section its still needed.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Joe, while I do not have access to the logs on my dedicated server right now (maintenance mode) I can tell you what the setup is because this seems to be a thing for us also. After we kill enough zombies in an area, you can hang out all day and see maybe one or two wandering around. I am on Navezgane, default configuration minus an experience boost I am running for new players right now. There are no warnings or errors in my logs minus one about disabling HDR on reflections, which is silly because it's a dedicated server, not a client hosting.

I can get you the logs in a bit, but without errors or warnings I doubt they will help you much. You are also more than welcome to pop on and check it out sometime. I can set you up with admin should you need it.

Actually the server just finished and is rebooting. Looking at the last log I see issues with the logging itself. I was logging an oil-shale vein near my base. I gained multiple levels. However, each time I leveled it said XP from killing/harvesting/whatever was all zero. That isn't true. I harvested close to 40,000 shale and with the experience boost it made me level four or five times. I'll post the log online.

Dedicated Server Log

Again, they spawn in areas we have not been before, but it seems as though, even on next to max difficulty, they don't repopulate areas we cleaned. If they do, it isn't very quickly.

I would still like to know what the respawn rate is and how it works. Normally by day three or four our area is void of zombies. I can run my forge and chemistry station and one or two might fall into my trap and get zapped, but they are few and far-between after that. Are the zombies supposed to respawn after so much time? If so, is it the same as item respawn?

36 minutes ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I would still like to know what the respawn rate is and how it works. Normally by day three or four our area is void of zombies. I can run my forge and chemistry station and one or two might fall into my trap and get zapped, but they are few and far-between after that. Are the zombies supposed to respawn after so much time? If so, is it the same as item respawn?

Currently I believe it's the same as the biome respawn, which is 5 days.

<property name="DaysToRespawnIfPlayerLeft" value="5" /> <!-- in game days -->

2 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

That tag is "If Player Left", but we are still there except during looting runs or quests from traders. Does that count?

I am not entirely sure how that tag functions, and tbh I don't recall it having that tag previously. I'll be honest though, I haven't had time for serious modding since a16, so it's possible I just don't remember correctly.