I hope blade traps not working deep underground bug will be fixed in A20

Morte

This is a pretty rare issue, after a lot of testing we figured that it has to do something with the height, we made bedrock level pit, zombies would fall down on traps and every trap would work but the blade trap while clearly spinning. Traps that are placed up- ground level work just fine, i ran into just few people who are having this issue.

I haven' heard of this bug.

If it is very rare like you say, it is possible no one reported it on the official forums if you did not. Therefore i hope you did indeed fill out a bug report on the official forums.

If it is not reported there, it will not be fixed since they won't know about it.

Luckily, a Smurf has taken notice. So, if OP can give a map seed and a screenshot showing location then the QA guys will take it from there seeing if they can replicate it. Those guys like nothing more than trying something 100 times to get one repro. If its rare and only happens every once in a while-- well that just puts the cream in the twinkie for them.

Go Juggy go!

@MorteSorry for the ping but it would be a great start if I could see a screenshot of the area this has happened. Mostly I want to see how the traps are laid and what is around them, and how big the pit area is. Thanks 

And @Roland is correct there: what some may call the definition of insanity we call our cup of tea😀

Post-inital investigation update

So far all blade traps are working at bedrock on my test dedi, but there is a known issue where the damage states aren't updated until the area is left (nobody there) and came back to (i.e. they should be destroyed needing repairs but still spin like normal but don't damage anything on touch) -  could that be it? Try leaving the area and coming back when you see these.

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

Yeah if you can snag a screenshot of how the blade traps are that would be awesome, would save testing time

13 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

This happened last horde night on our server. I have a ton of blade-traps suspended above half-height electrical fences (you get stunned and decapitated) and the blades were not doing ANYTHING. We are not deep. Maybe 15 to 16 down. I will get a screenshot of my base this evening and post it.

Do bear in mind there is a bug where they act like they're spinning and touching but do no damage, the bug is they're broken but on dedi servers they a lot of times don't update their damage state until the chunk is unloaded and reloaded

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

Here you go. My base setup. Remember, I built this prior to stainless steel being made unobtainable and turned it into a prefab. Now I just clone the Navezgane world and insert it, then we play on that world. The building in the center is two blocks thick stainless, and five stories tall. Each floor is three blocks tall, plus the top layer being terrain and we plant our crops up there. Total depth is 23 blocks, not counting the two layers of blocks which make up the floor in the pit.

Yes, I put two rows of barbed-wire around the outer perimeter of the pit. You fall and get cut to ribbons while turrets shoot you. Then you get to run toward the electric fences while being shot by the turrets, and then you get decapitated when the blades work.

Oh! Another bug! Those half-height fences do not shock wolves/coyotes. Wife and I watched one wander through one with no issues.

Base Defenses

Edited by The_Great_Sephiroth (see edit history)

On 7/14/2021 at 7:48 AM, Jugginator said:

@MorteSorry for the ping but it would be a great start if I could see a screenshot of the area this has happened. Mostly I want to see how the traps are laid and what is around them, and how big the pit area is. Thanks 

And @Roland is correct there: what some may call the definition of insanity we call our cup of tea😀

Post-inital investigation update

So far all blade traps are working at bedrock on my test dedi, but there is a known issue where the damage states aren't updated until the area is left (nobody there) and came back to (i.e. they should be destroyed needing repairs but still spin like normal but don't damage anything on touch) -  could that be it? Try leaving the area and coming back when you see these.

I am  really sorry, i have been super busy with work lately and didn't have a chance to reply. 

I tomorrow after my work shift ends i'll reload the map and try to reproduce the problem, shouldn't be hard i think.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mortehhh/

Madihson#5618

On 7/18/2021 at 6:30 PM, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

This happened last horde night on our server. I have a ton of blade-traps suspended above half-height electrical fences (you get stunned and decapitated) and the blades were not doing ANYTHING. We are not deep. Maybe 15 to 16 down. I will get a screenshot of my base this evening and post it.

Yeah exactly this, we have tried so many different things but the blade traps ignore zombies compleatly at bedrock level.

44 minutes ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

Mine are nowhere near bedrock and they ignore them. Would love to get a QA guy (or gal) or dev on my server and manually start a bloodmoon to demonstrate it.

I'll drop you a DM, I got some things to do for a little bit today but should have time soon.

I just posted the bug I told you about. Look at the thread in this forum titled "Well...   that was nice!" and try not to laugh. That bug seems to work from the time a server starts until it stops. It does not occur every time you start the server but when it does occur, it affects EVERY player on the server. It is not too common though.

Hello again, sorry for not replying i have been really busy lately, i really hope this will get sorted out since this + the  (car engine sound for 2nd player goes missing if you don't let go of the gas) bug are in the game pretty long time, and they really can be a little game breaking<3 still, much love and hope this gets sorted.