Trying to Mute a Sound

Telric

Hey all, I'm trying to mute the sound played when you're attacked with high physical damage resist. It's also the sound played when zombies attack doors. I've tried:

hitarmyhelmet

hitarmormetal

organichitmetal

no luck so far. Figured I would ask incase anyone else has figured out which sound effect it is. Lemme know if you know! Thanks!

Curious: "...when you're attacked with high physical damage resist"

I can't think of the sound you're trying to find off the top of my head, and wanted to make sure I knew what it was before searching. Is there a general scenario you're testing with (like "wearing XYZ armor, letting Zed A hit you, etc"

Yeah it's the sound when you have full metal armor on, and i believe it happens in god mode as well. Can't remember off the top of my head.

Just checked, it does not play on god mode. Equipping a full set of steel armor makes the sound I'm trying to find.

I put on full steel armor and let a zed hit me. To me it sounds like "organichitmetal" (from sound files I have extracted for mods I made).  Of the 3 of these sounds but i can't tell which one it is. Switching to god mode ( with the armor on) sounds the same. I add "banded armor plating" mods to all armor and it sounds the same to me, like "hand slapping a piece of corrugated metal" or maybe "slapping the side of a large pickup truck"

That's really weird.  I poked around a bit to see if any of it made sense and all the materials and such seem set up right for the zombie hand to "resolve" to "organic hits metal". The only things I can come up with is:

- vanilla default "no sound" doesn't take.  i don't know what the vanilla "no sound" is though :)

- Maybe you can change the Material of steel/iron armor to be some other custom material, so it would just naturally resolve to "organic hits cloth" or something very quiet?

There's a sound called silentfiller or something along those lines. You can use it to replace some other sounds to make no sound... Quite useful. I might take an attempt at changing the material values and see what happens, but it's not the end of the world if i can't null this sound. I think i made a little workaround for it anyway. Working on making a buff based attack system for enemies in this RPG mod, where they don't actually attack with their hands like a normal zombie would, but rather its all randomroll buff based. I just lowered their range to like .4 or something and it seems that makes them unable to hit, but they also get very close to the player... A value of .4 was a nice middle ground, so i think itll be fine. Thanks for the helps!