Traffic Lights, Signs, Parking Lots, and Pavement Markings

WonOnOne

I think the addition of traffic lights, signs, parking lots, and pavement markings will bring the towns more to life.

At the very least, please let us paint asphalt with thin white or yellow lines, left turn, right, thru, thru/right arrows, etc, and write on white or green roadway signs so we can name our own roads in our fictional towns.

The plain asphalt roads just don't feel realistic.

4 hours ago, WonOnOne said:

I think the addition of traffic lights, signs, parking lots, and pavement markings will bring the towns more to life.

At the very least, please let us paint asphalt with thin white or yellow lines, left turn, right, thru, thru/right arrows, etc, and write on white or green roadway signs so we can name our own roads in our fictional towns.

The plain asphalt roads just don't feel realistic.

I agree that this would be amazing, but i can see it being a major hassle. Especially for RWG saves.

If it were ever apart of the game, it would most likely be on Navezgane or Pregen_01 and Pregen_02.

Only because you need an algorithm to know exactly where to put each and every sign while being accurate at the same time. Especially for painted roads, which i don't think wouldn't be too bad if they only implement a solid/dotted yellow line down every road.

The best way for a RWG would be for it to place the roadmap, then have an algorithm that places said signs, where it looks like they should go.

It's a cool concept, but the biggest issue would be the creation and coding time. Especially since roads, don't have asphalt and dirt going 2-3 blocks away as it is making it more difficult.

I can imagine the RWG map generation being increasingly longer, but i like the idea and I hope a moderator or Dev will comment.