Dart trap range bug?

Vexing

So, I have been working on a new horde base and would like to add some traps that fire tword me to avoid shooting the nipples of demos however, the traps go WAY farther then the max 27 blocks, they are going over 50. I have done a lot of testing and found out that if I only set up 2 of them they fire correctly, any more then that and we get shot. 

1. click the banner (located at top of every thread, there is a red one and a green one).

2. follow instructions for submitting helpful information.

3. this may not be a bug until we see better proof as it just may be you need to re-arrange your set up.

people here will/can/try to help if you supply some facts.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

@unholyjoe Where do I post a bug report?  I read the red and green tabs on the forms and data and so forth but I didn't see the exact where to post it after reading through it twice.  I know it is probably their or super obvious  so thank you in advance for your patience.  

Game Version: 19.5 stable

Platform: PC 

OS/Version: Windows 

CPU Model: Intel AP6800 something

System Memory: 24

Skipping the remainder since I don't think it is a system crash and instead a coding bug ( but will answer more if needed)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 4 GB / AMD RX 580 8 GB / etc)

Screen Resolution: (width and height)

Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom (Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any))

Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on dedi, RWG or NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files?  I don't know what that is 

Are you using any mods? No Mods

EAC on or off? EAC on

Bug Description:

Darts from Dart traps facing towards horde defenders do not reach players on regular days (non blood moon) Dart traps in question are almost 30 blocks from players.  On  Blood moon the darts from said Dart traps travel further, hitting players and destroying a wooden door another 5 blocks past the players.     

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)Place dart traps just far enough that they will not hit players. (two Dart Traps, on onto of the other)

2)Confirm that players are not hit. 

3)test dart range during bloodmoon

Actual result: Darts are traveling further  during blood moon 

Expected result: Dart Trap range to stay the same

Extra Info

I am hosting the dedicated server and the map is Navezgame.  On another map that I am playing on a regular steam server, I have the same base design and the Dart Trap range does not increase during the Bloodmoon.  

29 minutes ago, Lord Morphleyes said:

@unholyjoe Where do I post a bug report?  I read the red and green tabs on the forms and data and so forth but I didn't see the exact where to post it after reading through it twice.  I know it is probably their or super obvious  so thank you in advance for your patience. 

1st. if you do not supply logs and possibly a narrated video of this, one of us may tag it as incomplete. we need far more info about how the game is started,mods,server settings. other wise it is only a guessing game.

if none of you see the banners at the top of the forum, check your browser settings and or the ad block mods you have... our forum does not post ads. but ad blockers can stop parts of the forum from working and some phones dont work right with our forum.

1911713517_forumlinks.thumb.jpg.2ac97efd91fc96d4ee36381b44e2f700.jpg

https://community.7daystodie.com/bug-test-1/bug-pool/before-you-post-a-report-r929/

2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

1st. if you do not supply logs and possibly a narrated video of this, one of us may tag it as incomplete. we need far more info about how the game is started,mods,server settings. other wise it is only a guessing game.

if none of you see the banners at the top of the forum, check your browser settings and or the ad block mods you have... our forum does not post ads. but ad blockers can stop parts of the forum from working and some phones dont work right with our forum.

1911713517_forumlinks.thumb.jpg.2ac97efd91fc96d4ee36381b44e2f700.jpg

https://community.7daystodie.com/bug-test-1/bug-pool/before-you-post-a-report-r929/

yes I seen the banners and read the Reporting Bugs and Must Read,  that's where I got the included form from, I will just assume that the Bug Pool is the appropriate place to post it.  

I was making a video to demonstrate the error and of course it was behaving differently.  So starting from the beginning before I gather logs and create videos and all;

What is the official Dart Trap range for a trap placed on the ground and one placed on top of that in 19.5 on the Navezgame map?