Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

Not my style at all. I play 60 minute days as a max but often play 40 and 50 minute days-- and I focus on tasks and objectives that form a survival story narrative.  The reason 40 minute days are fun, in my opinion, is that they seem to fit better the length of time it takes to get hungry and the time it would actually take to naturally perform tasks.  The amount of ore I could bring up during a night set at 40 minute days is much more realistic than the amount I could pull up during a night of 180 minute days. This is true for any repetive harvesting or building task that I do. In the game we can build and harvest so much faster than in real life so speeding up the days to 40 minutes helps compensate for that. Slowing time down to anything above 60 minutes feels like...not easy mode exactly...but less interesting mode. I like the feeling of being interupted by night and needing to use night time hours to finish tasks I started during the day. I feel more under time pressure to get ready for 7 day hordes when it isn't seven 3-hour sessions of gameplay between them. Finally, 40 minute days make traveling more interesting as I often have to go somewhere and spend the night there and return in the morning.

As for power leveling....I don't focus at all on leveling but just acknowledge it when it happens if I even notice. Often I am surprised to see that I have 3 or 4 points to spend. I don't spend a moment worrying about whether I'm ahead or behind anyone else.

Roland

Roland

Not my style at all. I play 60 minute days as a max but often play 40 and 50 minute days-- and I focus on tasks and objectives that form a survival story narrative.  The reason 40 minute days are fun, in my opinion, is that they seem to fit better the length of time it takes to get hungry and the time it would actually take to naturally perform tasks.  The amount of ore I could bring up during a night set at 40 minute days is much more realistic than the amount I could pull up during a night of 180 minute days. I feel more under time pressure to get ready for 7 day hordes when it isn't seven 3-hour sessions of gameplay between them. Finally, 40 minute days make traveling more interesting as I often have to go somewhere and spend the night there and return in the morning.

As for power leveling....I don't focus at all on leveling but just acknowledge it when it happens if I even notice. Often I am surprised to see that I have 3 or 4 points to spend. I don't spend a moment worrying about whether I'm ahead or behind anyone else.

Roland

Roland

Not my style at all. I prefer 60 minute days as a max and often play 40 minute days and I focus on tasks and objectives that form a survival story narrative. I don't focus at all on leveling but just acknowledge it when it happens if I notice. Often I am surprised to see that I have 3 or 4 points to spend.