Game ideas to TFP team

IFeelgreen

So I was playing this game since alpha 16 or 15, and I fallen in love with it after coupple of hours. But now I feel like this game haveing so much unused potetnial and I am saying it with great sorrow, this game is little bit empty. There is only few zombie models (Great job with HD models, but there is really only 20 or 30) It would give so much variety and freshment with new 50 or even more new zombie models, from regular undead with no special abilities to several zombies with special mechanics like grabbing and bitting, more chance to infect you with zombie virus, that you have to cure with special antibiotics, exploding zombies with oxygen tank in their back like new Hazmat zombie or fire fighter, or even special military unit with heavy armor and oxygen or gas mask. There could be even mini bosses like mutated radiated zombies that if too close irradiates you a lot and hits badly. 

Amazing would be to see more mechanics of zombies and whole world itself. I remember amazing mechanics in older alphas like meat in inventore produces smell that brought zombies down, amazing fog in pine forest biome, or awesome weather mechanics in winter biome. We can go even further by adding mechanics to the weather, like in fog number of zombies increse, but they are less able to see player, same with rain, zombies could be nearly deaf to player, in hot temperatures in desert or burnt forest zombies feel your smell better, and your character is swetting becouse of the heat and see worse. 

Zombies may hunt not only humans but maybe attacking animals like stags, pigs or rabbits and chickens. Maybe zombies while attacking very hard blocks, like reinforces concrete, lose or breake their arms and even hitting walls with their heads (with little effect)

Zombie corpses should not disapear so fast, it should cover the ground or even make giant piles of bodies that other zombies can climbe on to the walls and player would have to burn them down with gasoline to prevent hordes and sickness and stink. Thoes little mechanics could really help this game become a hit!

My next thought, is how this game stands out from other zombie games by amazing voxel, building mechanics and its awesome, but it quite olded by the time, now game looks like  Minecraft on steroides, but it could be much better, by giveing animation of placing, breaking and destroying blocks. If block is being destroyed, for example metal sheet block, maybe sheets could just fell off one by one, till breaking into metal frame block or degradates to weaker metal variant. Concrete or cobblestone could completly break into pices , something like new doors in alpha 20. It would be amazing if every type of block had its own tool to upgrade and repair. For wood it would be simple stone and iron hammer or nail gun, for metal or sheet metal, welder, impact driver or nailgun, and trowel for concrete .

I would love to see some of this ideas that I find interesting or just repliement from DEVs of this great great game! I hope I interested you all with my peek on 7 Days To Die!

1 hour ago, IFeelgreen said:

So I was playing this game since alpha 16 or 15, and I fallen in love with it after coupple of hours. But now I feel like this game haveing so much unused potetnial and I am saying it with great sorrow, this game is little bit empty. There is only few zombie models (Great job with HD models, but there is really only 20 or 30) It would give so much variety and freshment with new 50 or even more new zombie models, from regular undead with no special abilities to several zombies with special mechanics like grabbing and bitting, more chance to infect you with zombie virus, that you have to cure with special antibiotics, exploding zombies with oxygen tank in their back like new Hazmat zombie or fire fighter, or even special military unit with heavy armor and oxygen or gas mask. There could be even mini bosses like mutated radiated zombies that if too close irradiates you a lot and hits badly. 

Amazing would be to see more mechanics of zombies and whole world itself. I remember amazing mechanics in older alphas like meat in inventore produces smell that brought zombies down, amazing fog in pine forest biome, or awesome weather mechanics in winter biome. We can go even further by adding mechanics to the weather, like in fog number of zombies increse, but they are less able to see player, same with rain, zombies could be nearly deaf to player, in hot temperatures in desert or burnt forest zombies feel your smell better, and your character is swetting becouse of the heat and see worse. 

Zombies may hunt not only humans but maybe attacking animals like stags, pigs or rabbits and chickens. Maybe zombies while attacking very hard blocks, like reinforces concrete, lose or breake their arms and even hitting walls with their heads (with little effect)

Zombie corpses should not disapear so fast, it should cover the ground or even make giant piles of bodies that other zombies can climbe on to the walls and player would have to burn them down with gasoline to prevent hordes and sickness and stink. Thoes little mechanics could really help this game become a hit!

My next thought, is how this game stands out from other zombie games by amazing voxel, building mechanics and its awesome, but it quite olded by the time, now game looks like  Minecraft on steroides, but it could be much better, by giveing animation of placing, breaking and destroying blocks. If block is being destroyed, for example metal sheet block, maybe sheets could just fell off one by one, till breaking into metal frame block or degradates to weaker metal variant. Concrete or cobblestone could completly break into pices , something like new doors in alpha 20. It would be amazing if every type of block had its own tool to upgrade and repair. For wood it would be simple stone and iron hammer or nail gun, for metal or sheet metal, welder, impact driver or nailgun, and trowel for concrete .

I would love to see some of this ideas that I find interesting or just repliement from DEVs of this great great game! I hope I interested you all with my peek on 7 Days To Die!

Ok it sounds good but few problems : now there is 10 variants and.. well there will be not more for long time because 1 model is 2-3 weeks of work + programing . They cuted disapring because people spend a lot of time looting them.  Idea with blocks sounds good but they want to make actual builing system even simpler so well xd .  Sorry for deprresing stuff but well i want to tell how is going with this ideas 

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Ok it sounds good but few problems : now there is 10 variants and.. well there will be not more for long time because 1 model is 2-3 weeks of work + programing . They cuted disapring because people spend a lot of time looting them.  Idea with blocks sounds good but they want to make actual builing system even simpler so well xd .  Sorry for deprresing stuff but well i want to tell how is going with this ideas 

I think that drop pack from zombies is not that bad idea, I mean zombie corpses should remain unlooteable, but you have to get rid of them, by gutting or burning, maybe ever dragging them away from your base to prevent deasees or hordes brought by stink of decomposting bodies.
And about oversimplifying building mechanics, welp... great job killing the best thing people love in this game.

Edited by IFeelgreen (see edit history)

4 hours ago, IFeelgreen said:

I think that drop pack from zombies is not that bad idea, I mean zombie corpses should remain unlooteable, but you have to get rid of them, by gutting or burning, maybe ever dragging them away from your base to prevent deasees or hordes brought by stink of decomposting bodies.
And about oversimplifying building mechanics, welp... great job killing the best thing people love in this game.

Well now you know wy im so angry about change in A20.  Well yeah in the was zombie was rotting but people hated it  because it was boring for them xd i love it but what i can do xd . Yep some "levels" of upgrading blocks will go to rubbish