Jump to content

What would we like to see in the game?


Recommended Posts

I love to have either like bosses or an end boss kind of like the ender dragon in Minecraft where you can still play the game after you beat it maybe even add that you can beat it several times I know I've said this already but would be nice to be able to have like mythical weapons that you can only find by looting maybe like traitor weapons or something . Also maybe the bosses can drop random special parts to some craftable mythical weapons as well. I'm just using the word mythical as a very high tier weapon. That would give me a lot of assistive to go on loot higher scarier biomes. I always love this kind of stuff and other games like Skyrim and stuff where there's just special weapons that you can find. Maybe these weapons can grant you some special perks as well like you can run faster if you find a special pair of shoes or you can cut trees faster with a certain ax you find. Maybe you can even find something that adds points to all your stats. Just some ideas

  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

NPC bases. A decent gun fight would be a lot of fun. Make use of the sniper rifles. Maybe NPC bases have certain vehicles or plans for unlocking better weapon upgrades.

 

Dungeons. Similar to WOW where you battle from one starting point to the end point. If it has to zone in and out so be it. But I’d love to group up with buddies to get through a challenging dungeon complete with end bosses who drop better loot.

 

Fishing. Sometimes you just want to relax and drink a beer.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An Expansion of basic crafting materials and Dukes not melting into brass.

The introduction of three new rare ores Tin, Bronze & Manganese

  • Tin + Bronze = Brass
  • Coal shale + Manganese = Toluene
  • Toluene + Nitrate = TNT (high explosive)

TNT + Clay = dynamite

TNT + Nails + Bucket + trip wire = Claymore Mine (would be like several shotguns firing in a wide 120' arc)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to see more plants in the game. Maybe even some weird mutated plants. It would make sense in this world because humans can't take care and tame nature like they used to that there would be a lot of plant life and overgrowth in this world. Ivy flowers more types of trees poison plants that you can add to your weapons. Poison traps for PvP. Acid plants that can eat flash of zombies. Maybe even a mutated zombie plant human. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Raina Gamingmagex said:

I would like to see more plants in the game

I agree. I personally would like some variety of “plant height” so running around off the roads would be harder in terms of visibility. I would also like to see some more tree types, like “fallen trees” or “dense underbrush clumps” you had to go around. 
 

anyway, “more vanilla plant types” would make it feel really nice, and would probably make traveling to different biomes worth more of all types of plants were scattered throughout the biomes with differing rarity.
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to see more zombies and particularly more during a horde. I want hundreds in a horde, most fairly easy to kill, most of them pretty dumb.

I don’t want the all to look identical, I am okay with them not being high def or if their movements are a little strange to help performance.

sadly I do not think this is possible with current unity & the machines 7D2D is designed to run on.

 

Maybe the unannounced game will be space marines (war hammer or Aliens kind of marines or starship troopers kind of marines) fighting massive hordes of bugs on an alien planet.

1 hour ago, Raina Gamingmagex said:

What type of zombies does everyone like? Or what type of zombie would everyone like to see in the game just curious. I wanted to think that anything living can be a zombie from plants to animals to bugs and humans and anything in between. 

 

Clown Zombie

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally the option for 70,80,100 and 110 minutes. Not really sure but wouldn´t that just need a few lines of code copied, changing the value? 

 

Personally i only need 70mins tough, but why not all if we are at it already. Why?` MP where you can´t pause is why.

 

70mins would be perfect to take short breaks and not wasting time. Especially for parents this would be nice. Setting the time to 90mins is changing the game a lot and a bit extreme just because you need a short break regulary.

 

 

Beeing able to mount the 4x4 as a passenger.

 

More different block shapes.

 

A lot more colours for painting.

 

Getting back the option to choose how many zombies will spawn. Having whole towns with one zombie wandering around, is highly anticlimatic and reduces the game to quests and POI`s only.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remove Demolisher as generic (BM) spawn and turn him into a unique boss for a POI, like Grace. He'd work much better as a unique boss. Give him more HP, force the boss fight in a rather small area... scary as f..k He could be the leader of a Zombie biker gang or something. I can accept one zombie who retained enough muscle memory to remember the bomb he strapped around himself before he turned. But not 20 copies of that dude rushing my base on BM. It's stupid.

 

 

Also zombie rabbits. Long overdue.

  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kam R. said:

Remove Demolisher as generic (BM) spawn and turn him into a unique boss for a POI, like Grace. He'd work much better as a unique boss. Give him more HP, force the boss fight in a rather small area... scary as f..k He could be the leader of a Zombie biker gang or something. I can accept one zombie who retained enough muscle memory to remember the bomb he strapped around himself before he turned. But not 20 copies of that dude rushing my base on BM. It's stupid.

 

 

Also zombie rabbits. Long overdue.

 

With muscle memory are you refering to the motion the zombie does when the bomb is activated and ticking the count down? Yes, that is hard to explain. Everything else can be explained by the bomb being strapped on people when they are already zombies.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

 

With muscle memory are you refering to the motion the zombie does when the bomb is activated and ticking the count down? Yes, that is hard to explain. Everything else can be explained by the bomb being strapped on people when they are already zombies.

 

If it goes that way then in the spirit of "what I want to see in the game":

 

Add the duke or whoever came up with that annoying idea, so I can kill them. :]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Kam R. said:

If it goes that way then in the spirit of "what I want to see in the game":

 

Add the duke or whoever came up with that annoying idea, so I can kill them. :]

 

I strongly expect one of the 18 "bandit" models that are designed right now is the Duke. That final confrontation was hinted at for years

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 3:56 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Finally the option for 70,80,100 and 110 minutes. Not really sure but wouldn´t that just need a few lines of code copied, changing the value?

 

Not even that. A single XML line in ...\Config\XUi_Menu\windows.xml

 

<gameoption name="DayNightLength" title="goDayLength" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 90, 120" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goMinute" />

 

 

image.png.4987d6e4451683d89dedbfabe1306e69.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well i really don´t understsand why we are limited to 90 and 120 for longer days without having to tinker with the xml.

 

Come on TFP @Gazz @madmole that´s a quality of life upgrade.

 

And no 4 more options to choose from will not confuse people. (I can personally live with 70 only, but i bet there is a lot that would like to see the others steps aswell.) Having to convince all people who play to tinker with their xml and setting up servers with a modlet is confusing for many.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)
  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many, many things had to have limits drawn around them and as if we needed any evidence, these forums show that regardless of the choices TFP made in this or that setting, someone will not be happy. I mean, you want 70 and maybe someone wants 110 or 200. The next person really thinks 45 is about right and I personally want 300-minute days so I can construct a replica of Château d'Angers in its entirety before the first horde night.

 

For some (arguably many or most) changes I think a modlet is really the right answer. No way TFP can satisfy us all.

 

But clearly the 40 and 50 options are silly and those spots could be used for better options like 70 and 300! 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Boidster said:

But clearly the 40 and 50 options are silly

are some of the best day lengths to truly match up the passage of time with how much we are able to accomplish and how quickly we thirst and hunger. Personally, I would never choose a length longer than 60 minutes and 40 minutes really feels the best (to me).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More quest variety. 

Make mining layered and matter again. 

Never let ammo drop in more than single digits without perks. 

Bring back some 'learn by doing'  Like for cooking, basic crafting, base building, mining, running, jumping , farming etc -folks like to see the bar go up by itself - free up those character trapping skills and replace them with actual solid choices that make stat commitment worth it.

Balance traders.  Make @%$# expensive.  No more 400 credit pistols on day 1.

Make non crafted guns non repairable.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Boidster 40 and 50 need to stay due to what @Roland said. The 70mins are purely for MP so that you can go afk and not loose any time of the day. SP is mostly 40 and 50 for me.

 

I am 99,9% sure that of all games that ever got started, not more than 1% were on 10 or 20mins. Those would surely not be missed if removed.

 

 

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well i really don´t understsand why we are limited to 90 and 120 for longer days without having to tinker with the xml.

I kinda wonder this too. I would figure that the XML can be edited to be “any number” of hours (like 73) and it’s a list so you can add “infinite choices” (probably some limit internally) so I’m guessing that there’s some reason why they want a certain list of numbers. Maybe there’s math being used with these numbers and hey, these are decent numbers to use so they made these the results… but… the list only determines what’s selectable in the UI…. So why not just make it a scrolling wheel or a field you type in any number and then enforce 10 minute increments, with a min of 10 and a max of 240 (per info posted above about danger going over this) The “game difficulty”setting can change it to recommended time settings or something.

2 hours ago, Ladarian said:

Balance traders

Yeah. It would be nice if there was a trader settings for prices/amounts before game starts, like there is for loot %.

I heard that there were plans for “factions” or something similar so maybe a trader would like you more or less depending on something.  This would be a neat mechanic to add to quests so if you accepted a job and took a long time (maybe have timed quests as an option for some so they’re not all timed) the trader would hate you more and prices would go up, with a high ceiling and if you were fast they go down a little but not infinitely down. Maybe more items too. Etc.

 

I personally think it would be fun if you had a “great” standing with a trader the trader would stay open longer for you (you could still open the door, but other players who had less standing would not be able to trade if they followed you in, just you, so you’d have to barter for others if you wanted.) and if you had @%$#ed off the trader then they won’t even open the door for you, possibly even shooting at you ;).  Maybe make it a perma ban from the trader for just you (I.e. no timeout for just you, the person who angered them)

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Roland said:

are some of the best day lengths to truly match up the passage of time with how much we are able to accomplish and how quickly we thirst and hunger. Personally, I would never choose a length longer than 60 minutes and 40 minutes really feels the best (to me).

i agree on the 60 min days being the best i did 120 min days once and had a steel horde base by day 7 XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 9:32 PM, OLLiEsol said:

NPC bases. A decent gun fight would be a lot of fun. Make use of the sniper rifles. Maybe NPC bases have certain vehicles or plans for unlocking better weapon upgrades.

 

Dungeons. Similar to WOW where you battle from one starting point to the end point. If it has to zone in and out so be it. But I’d love to group up with buddies to get through a challenging dungeon complete with end bosses who drop better loot.

 

Fishing. Sometimes you just want to relax and drink a beer.

 

Dungeons sounds good! Personally I would love it. Maybe make it more themed so maybe a morgue (but a big one of course!) 
Fishing is something I'm surprised we don't have in the game, but I strongly believe that we will get it one day 😃

On 7/7/2021 at 4:37 PM, Huck said:

An Expansion of basic crafting materials and Dukes not melting into brass.

The introduction of three new rare ores Tin, Bronze & Manganese

  • Tin + Bronze = Brass
  • Coal shale + Manganese = Toluene
  • Toluene + Nitrate = TNT (high explosive)

TNT + Clay = dynamite

TNT + Nails + Bucket + trip wire = Claymore Mine (would be like several shotguns firing in a wide 120' arc)

 

New ores, definitely! 

On 7/8/2021 at 5:23 PM, saltychipmunk said:

animal farming. 

 

 

 

Yes! But make it difficult 

On 7/8/2021 at 5:58 PM, Raina Gamingmagex said:

I would like to see more plants in the game. Maybe even some weird mutated plants. It would make sense in this world because humans can't take care and tame nature like they used to that there would be a lot of plant life and overgrowth in this world. Ivy flowers more types of trees poison plants that you can add to your weapons. Poison traps for PvP. Acid plants that can eat flash of zombies. Maybe even a mutated zombie plant human. 

This is such a good idea. We don't really have a lot of plants, but they would be a great addition. This would definitely give more options with medication and of course food!

On 7/8/2021 at 7:00 PM, doughphunghus said:

I agree. I personally would like some variety of “plant height” so running around off the roads would be harder in terms of visibility. I would also like to see some more tree types, like “fallen trees” or “dense underbrush clumps” you had to go around. 
 

anyway, “more vanilla plant types” would make it feel really nice, and would probably make traveling to different biomes worth more of all types of plants were scattered throughout the biomes with differing rarity.
 

Plants would in general make so many new biomes an option. I would love to see that.

On 7/8/2021 at 8:01 PM, Raina Gamingmagex said:

What type of zombies does everyone like? Or what type of zombie would everyone like to see in the game just curious. I wanted to think that anything living can be a zombie from plants to animals to bugs and humans and anything in between. 

I would love to see some more sad zombie types, like maybe a child. The scene in the walking dead was very heart touching/ breaking when the girl zombie appeared in the first episode. Zombie animals, more of them, would also be great!

On 7/13/2021 at 9:56 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Finally the option for 70,80,100 and 110 minutes. Not really sure but wouldn´t that just need a few lines of code copied, changing the value? 

 

Personally i only need 70mins tough, but why not all if we are at it already. Why?` MP where you can´t pause is why.

 

70mins would be perfect to take short breaks and not wasting time. Especially for parents this would be nice. Setting the time to 90mins is changing the game a lot and a bit extreme just because you need a short break regulary.

 

 

Beeing able to mount the 4x4 as a passenger.

 

More different block shapes.

 

A lot more colours for painting.

 

Getting back the option to choose how many zombies will spawn. Having whole towns with one zombie wandering around, is highly anticlimatic and reduces the game to quests and POI`s only.

Great ideas!

On 7/13/2021 at 10:18 PM, Kam R. said:

Remove Demolisher as generic (BM) spawn and turn him into a unique boss for a POI, like Grace. He'd work much better as a unique boss. Give him more HP, force the boss fight in a rather small area... scary as f..k He could be the leader of a Zombie biker gang or something. I can accept one zombie who retained enough muscle memory to remember the bomb he strapped around himself before he turned. But not 20 copies of that dude rushing my base on BM. It's stupid.

 

 

Also zombie rabbits. Long overdue.

I see so many people asking for zombie rabbits that it makes me want them too hahah

On 7/14/2021 at 10:08 PM, Ladarian said:

More quest variety. 

Make mining layered and matter again. 

Never let ammo drop in more than single digits without perks. 

Bring back some 'learn by doing'  Like for cooking, basic crafting, base building, mining, running, jumping , farming etc -folks like to see the bar go up by itself - free up those character trapping skills and replace them with actual solid choices that make stat commitment worth it.

Balance traders.  Make @%$# expensive.  No more 400 credit pistols on day 1.

Make non crafted guns non repairable.

 

Such amazing suggestions! I was quite dissapointed when I found out that the quests are always the same, a variety would make the game much more interesting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...