Darkness falls mod and Frag server

Good morning all,

I am trying to install the Darkness Falls mod on a Frag server and got the mod itself downloaded through FileZilla. Do I need to send the mod file to a particular location within FileZilla?  and if so, will the game automatically start with the Darkness Falls mod? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the Darkness Falls Mod on Gitlab for the server files. It allows you to see the hierarchy very easily in the way it's presented.

https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server

The hierarchy needs to be matched within the Frag server files.

For example:

7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed (Everything in this folder needs to be placed in the equivalent server files on Frag)

The same applies for the items within the Data folder. There are two folders of data within there.

You can bring the whole Mods folder into the Frag main directory folder or make your own Mods folder and manually add the contents into your Mods folder.

The darknessfalls.ico can be added to the main directory.

The serverconfig.xml can replace the original unless the original has been set up a specific script format associated with Frag. As long as you back up the original while tested, you can always amend it.

And yes, once you join the server, and as long as all players have installed the client files for Darkness Falls, it will automatically start the Darkness Falls mod. Your in game screen will change over to the Darkness Falls screen and that will be a positive sign.

6 hours ago, Johmbob405 said:

Do they just have to download the files? Or do they need to be admin on Frag and transfer the files like I would be doing? 

I’m fairly new to PC gaming, and definitely new to modding servers. 

They will need to download the player (client) files and install them in exactly the same manner as you install on the server. This means they have to add the Darkness Falls files into the equivalent area in their 7D2D game. Alternatively, they can use the Mod Launcher application which can do this for them since Darkness Falls has been integrated. http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

And when you have played Darkness Falls to as far as you like, there are many other great DLC/Overhaul type mods out there as well such as bdubyah's 'The Wasteland' and Vehicles which can add further custom buildings and vehicles to the World. All the best with DF as it can be quite the challenge.