Realtime 24 hour day length.

SuperNinja55

I haven’t tried recently, in the past either the server:

wouldn't start or error out shortly

game world would be missing all zombies

If changed in an existing world, there may be a few zombies but they don’t respawn (maybe they do after an hour or two real time) and the day would reset to 1st day when time is reverted back to a normal game time setting.

I am not a coder, probably has something to do with the time setting have two or three digits.

37 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

If changed in an existing world, there may be a few zombies but they don’t respawn (maybe they do after an hour or two real time) and the day would reset to 1st day when time is reverted back to a normal game time setting.

I am not a coder, probably has something to do with the time setting have two or three digits.

Its because the spawning scripts defined in game days. Most of the wilderness entity spawns set between 1 - 3.5 in-game days by default. So if you set day length to 24 real hours, there is a much longer time gap between the first re-spawns occuring. Wastelands biome have 0.3 day respawn delays for daytime and instant respawns at nighttime by default.

Edited by kexes (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Server client won’t run real world game time, everything is screwy when set to 24 hours = 24 hours.

also problem would be the long nights, even horde night you’d have to wait somewhere around an hour between horde waves.

good idea that just isn’t fun in game

I agree.  Even if you could implement it, why would you want to?  Even with 60/90 minute days, I find the nights to be long and boring (specifically early game - late game I tend to have enough activities to keep me busy from 22:00 to 4:00 on a 90 min day setting).  Could you imagine your first night?  Just hiding out and waiting 6 WHOLE HOURS for morning?  I would go crazy myself  🤔

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I agree.  Even if you could implement it, why would you want to?  Even with 60/90 minute days, I find the nights to be long and boring (specifically early game - late game I tend to have enough activities to keep me busy from 22:00 to 4:00 on a 90 min day setting).  Could you imagine your first night?  Just hiding out and waiting 6 WHOLE HOURS for morning?  I would go crazy myself  🤔

Well 1 night go mining XD   so i hope they will add  24 hours 

On 6/7/2021 at 1:26 AM, SuperNinja55 said:

i feel like if metabolism, stamina, and other stuff scaled with days past 60 minutes, i could keep up with it in realtime and sleep at night irl.
just a fun idea to throw out there, so don't take it too seriously.

Well some stuff can be rescalled with time right?