What is your most memorable moment in 7 days to die?

Mine would be the first time i played back in a15. There was nothing like being scared of literally everything and anything. Constantly running around, attempting to hide in POIs before being scared off and almost getting slaughter by a zombie with titties hanging out. But then... Night time.. i dug a 1x3x1 hole inside a POI, covered the top and then.. the GRASS, it's all i heard around me. I decided it was a good time to mine (narrator: It was an unfortunate time to mine.) And i made my hidey-hole 4 blocks larger.

Then they pounded the door down and came for my hatch, it was a repairing job, then i ran out of wood, and tried to make a tunnel, then they broke through and all i could do was make my stone axe go THUD, THUD, THUD THUD while freaking out to myself "what is this massive @%$# doing here!" I killed her after getting to 10 health and boy was she hungry!

I heard more rustling and got out of my hole, i got to the top of the house and hid.. for a good 2 minutes before everything collapsed and all i could see was 2 zombies looking like they haven't eaten in days and i was the meat on the menu. I got viscously slaughtered and exited.

What a wonderful first day in the game!

Not sure if the MOST memorable, but definitely up there:

First ever playthrough, alpha 14. Have a few days of staying alive under my belt, braving the northwestern plains of Navezgane. Found Perishton. Awesome! A new town to explore. It's getting pretty late so Imma go sneak into the top floor of that town hall thingy to hunker down. Board up some windows, shut a door, keep quiet. Worked pretty well the last nights, right? I also don't know what bloodmoons are:] It happens to be my first bloodmoon night, but I'm inside not even seeing the sky turn red. The eye indicator telling me if Zombies sense me (miss that) pops straight to "hunted". WTF. WHY. I was quiet, no one was around. OMG OMG what do I do, I'm trapped. They're beating the walls, they're almost through! I frantically start chopping a hole into the side of the room. I get smacked a few times in the back before I can free myself and drop outside. The world looks like hell and my confusion is only overridden by my panic. The Zs are dropping through the hole i made behind me and i just run, run, run straight back east toward my little gas station base. It's a long way but I might make it, I might not have known what a bloodmoon is but I know how coffee works!

So I run, caffeinated heart pounding. I'll make it. I'll make it. Then I step on a small cactus. Twice. End of first play through :D

Alpha 18, the wife and I had just come back from one of our "between-alpha" breaks.

Horde night went exceptionally well. No base failures, just barely enough ammo. We cleaned up, did a little repair work, and headed home.

Then for some god-forsaken reason we logged off . . . before 4 am . . .

Logged back in an hour later and shortly heard the sound of our second horde of the night approaching, some pounding on the fence.

We ran outside and did hand to hand with the horde for the hour that was left until 4. It was glorious!

When it was all over and we found ourselves cleaning up for the second time that night, I turned to my wife and said "That was awesome! We should do it again sometime!"

She threw her empty Mountain Dew bottle at my head :)

I think it was Alpha 7, my first night in the game, huddled in the ruins of a building the first night with zombies stumbling and banging around all over the place. Nothing but a club in hand, no food or water left, not a CLUE what to do. Didn't even realize I could adjust daylight hours, so I was stuck forever waiting for the sun to rise. Seeing that glorious orb in the sky on Day 2 was like being released from a dungeon and as I ran outside in joy, I got swarmed and eaten in a matter of minutes, lol.

My most memorable moment occurred the first day I bought the game when I learned that these things run at night. I managed to climb up a pole and just shivered in fear as there must have been 20 or 30 of them and some of them were climbing walls. When day broke I climbed down and had this massive zombie train behind me that I'll never forget either.

23 hours ago, Grinding.Jake said:

shooting to cooking pot from 1 block away by mistake. It wasn't cooking pot. 

My first time encountering one of those I tried repeatedly to pick it up and then smacked it with my stone axe figuring I could at least get some iron out of it.

Climbing the final ladder in the construction building, stepping onto the platform.......

right onto a mine.

Blew me off the building.

The landing smarted.

I died.

A16.4

That building also could not be brought down. it was magic or something.

over 500 explosive barrels, much dynamite.. nope.

(we found it hilarious, and figured it was something with the crane)

Maybe my most memorable moment was back in Alpha 10. I was playing with no running zombies.

I set up base in the forest. I had built two pillbox style 7x7 cobblestone towers connected by a bridge. Surrounding my towers I had trenches filled with log spikes. I was ready, with my crossbow and hundreds of iron bolts.

That night was crazy, First I would hear a rumble of foot steps, getting closer and louder. Then in the distance, I'd see 20-30 zombies slowly approaching. It was wave after wave of zombies, dogs, cops, and bees.

But it was a blast, because I was landing many long range headshots with my crossbow and most of them were dead before getting to me. But eventually they got to my towers and started dying in the spike trenches.

Until all the spikes broke, and they started beating on the tower I was in. The tower didn't last long, it collapsed but I escaped across my bridge just in time. I continued shooting at them until dawn. When they stopped spawning, I came down from my tower and finished them off with the spiked club.

It was probably the first time I had gotten far enough into the game to encounter such a large 7 day hoard.

I started playing 7DTD around Alpha 11.2 after a friend of mine from the dormitory managed to persuade few other lads to actually play this indisputable masterpiece back in the day. Everyone expected a beta version around the corner 😉. Everything feels like happened yesterday since then, I truly miss that timeframe between 2012 and 2016.

I had no idea and could not understand the mechanics of the game within a few hours of my play. Mostly, I was not able to determine why our base had been continuously attacked by zombies. Probably this had to do with my lowered overall cognition (yeah too many % oo circulating) food/zombie senses, smell system (not present currently), and heat produced by forges must have been the cause. Long and unforgettable nights spent just beating yet another horde between April and June.

Ahh... those unforgettable discussions about the game development and what devs should do and should not do, etc. according to us (me and my mates), self-proclaimed gaming experts... 

In recent years I managed to play Alpha 19 with 4 other veterans in other titles. We were automatically blasted because some of the game mechanics resemble old-school games from early 2000 (not the graphics obviously). 

A friend of mine misclicked and ate the glass accidentally - ultimate humiliation designed by the PIMPs. I used to misclick sometimes and die because of my unintended actions.

Having half of my base collapsed by a rookie miner always brings satisfaction from the fact that the base needs some upgrades afterward.

Finding new items and discovering new locations seemed like Christmas Eve and everyone inspected any new content with a religious attitude, like reading a sacred scripture.

Teammates always wish the potential victim good luck while clearing zombies inside POIs, just by making sure that someone steps on the random mine. Team leaders simply lead to a place where the floor collapses and throw the nade at me down the pit simply thinking that their actions actually help with my misery. During horde night everyone treats me as bait and the necessary item that must be sacrificed for a greater cause because the unquestionable success of the group is at stake.

What to discuss. Best game ever created and the best moments in gaming history.

Exploring the hub cities with my daughter. We have logged many hundreds of hours, I'm sitting at 2342  hours played. We used to build a house at the top of the cliffs that usually bordered at least on side of these cities, and would risk running into the city to loot and explore. We would quietly sneak down the street so as not to attract attention, or hole up in an apartment building overnight in the hopes they would not break through to us. Or run from dogs, not always successfully. Fun times! I dearly miss the hub city, we had the most amount of fun exploring those.
One of my white boards is covered with a picture she drew about our adventures with minibikes. It's several years old, but I don't have the heart to erase it. You can see the hub city in the background. I had driven my minibike off of a cliff and could not find it. It was embedded into the cliff face on the other side of the chasm. Fun Times!
image.png.c551cb680a39e238f4f1055b1d9b967f.png

Alpha 10.4.

Pretty new to the game, 2-3 hours played. Knew next to nothing and had dug a small hole to settle in. Of course, i'd no idea what

that nose icon meant, but i knew i was detected. So i panicked, and dug further down, and so did the dogs and zombies. Filled in

with dirt above. I did survive, but skill had little to do with it.

Mine would be my first time playing solo. My friends talked me into playing. I'd always taken up the role of hunter/scavenger. I decided I wanted to play more, learn the rest of the game. I made my own save and went on my way. I built up a little iron hut as my day 7 horde base. I ended up causing a collapse that destroyed my food storage and weapon storage. Halfway through horde day and I'm in full panic. I build up the walls with iron bars since my forge has been running the whole time, lay out a sea of spikes out 10-15 deep, and reinforce that with solid boxes on the outside. This is console so I know I'm up sh*t creek with arrows as joysticks are a terrible way to aim. I still somehow have a few hundred though. I ended up doing just fine. Just remember that sheer panic as I realized my food and my weapons were all gone. Day 7 and I felt like I was back on day 1 in an instant.

• 3 weeks later...

Come flying over the crest of a hill on the minibike... crash into a bear... death by bear nom noms...

Killing 3 bears and a dire wolf day/night 1

Watching a wolf pack run across the open field... past me undetected....  so beautiful...
Then following them... and having them join me for lunch.

Seeing a massive soldier horde heading my way.... and dealing with them instead of running away.

Edited by Fightingchook
spelin (see edit history)

I remember my first Discord group I played 7 Days with back during 16.4.   I met these guys on a fairly new MP map while crossing a massive desert.   We died so many times trying to find Yucca because a group in the area had already taken most of it.   We ended up linking up with this group, and got invited to their 'guild'.

It was actually neat to meet people in game that didn't want to kill us, and they opened up and shared food and then we did our first horde night and got attacked by a rival nearby group that started to rocket our prison base AT THE SAME TIME.   Omg, my gear was so substandard, and I had so little experience with PVP in this game.  That fight was insane.

I also really do pine again back to the days of Valmod.  The Bolt Rifle was literally my Excalibur.