Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

Our characters can do pretty much everything at a rudimentary level without having to spend any points so I would want building to be the same. Maybe gate anything above wood with a skill. The trailer for the game shows the guy defending on the first horde night from a wooden hut but in the game most people are building from materials that are beyond the ability of that first blood moon horde to even be in danger of breaching. So I wouldn't want to have to spend a point to be able to do any building but I'd try a mod that used some sort of building skill tree to delay the better blocks a bit longer.

The real problem, though, is that players will always choose the best option. If they can only build with wood then instead of building they will knock out the stairs of a large brick building and stay on the second floor until they can build with the tougher stuff and no skill tree gating will stop that (nor should it). So I don't see it as really being a viable design since the world is open and people can use existing buildings so easily anyway.

Roland

Roland

Our characters can do pretty much everything at a rudimentary level without having to spend any points so I would want building to be the same. Maybe gate anything above wood with a skill. The trailer for the game shows the guy defending on the first horde night from a wooden hut but in the game most people are building from materials that are beyond the ability of that first blood moon horde to even be in danger of breaching. So I wouldn't want to have to spend a point to be able to do any building but I'd try a mod that used some sort of building skill tree to delay the better blocks a bit longer.