Make game official plz

Why’s is this game still in alpha this game is the best zombie apocalyptic  survival game I have ever played I wish they would make it an official game. I absolutelylove this game.

SkruffyMan13

if we went gold right now because some people want it, then it wouldnt be complete.

as long as we keep it in development, it means we still get stuff added/fixed, each alpha feels like a new game and always peaks curiosity. games that are done and out of development are mostly collecting dust.

thus all the updates and new stuff when we get it is free. best $25 i have spent on a game... i have AAA games i paid $60+ for and played once.. now they are uninstalled after one boring play through. been playing this one since mid a4.

when i am not testing, every new game i play is different and been that way for years.  :)

It is just a point of view what release mean.

For a player it mean, you got the final working game, you don't encounter any gamebreaking bug.

For the devs it is basicly the same, they can do vacation afterwards and start with a new project.

For a publisher it is the date he will get some money and not spend more money, even when the gamestate is just public alpha/beta.

What's about new content, doesn't turn this the previous release in just a beta because they missed some feature's before ? 🙂

But honestly, today there is no real release anymore. Nearly any big game got a day 0 patch and without internet all the publisher would need to send a new copy with snailmail.

But most of the gamer don't bother much they are like zombie's after fresh meat/brain.

7 hours ago, SkruffyMan13 said:

Why’s is this game still in alpha

Features that were sold in the Kickstarter are being worked on but they are not finished. That's why it's not feature complete and that is the definition of "alpha".

8 hours ago, SkruffyMan13 said:

Why’s is this game still in alpha this game is the best zombie apocalyptic  survival game I have ever played I wish they would make it an official game. I absolutelylove this game.

SkruffyMan13

the best things take time. 

Cheese is a great example, and Indie games!

granted when i can play this on my xbox over my makeshift PC. ill be like 24 but my god it will be worth it

Honestly, im amazed to still see some people whining about it being in alpha/early access : in what kind of way is this a problem?? What's tormenting those people so much about this? And not only here, just look at the awful crap you can read from some folks when the Pimps post on the Facebook page... Jesus @%$#ing christ 😆

Is the game properly playable and operational? Yes! Does it offer a lengthy and fulfilling experience? Yes! Does it get updated with artistic, gameplay and technical fixes on a frequent basis? Yes! Can you tailor the type of game you wanna have through a multitude of features and settings? Yes!

So whats the goddamn problem then? Its a rhetorical question, no need to answer. My guess is that the current generation of gamers are used to have so many games released within very short intervals and launch day patches are seen like a normal thing (it shouldnt be), so when they see a game being built since 8 years, OMG THE OUTRAGE, HOW DARE THEY DO THIS CAPS LOCK?!

It pretty much has 99% of the characteristics of a finished game. The remaining 1% is the occasional hiccups, bugs or glitches that shouldnt theorically be in a game gone gold but even there, some AAA titles still have some issues similar to what you can see in 7DtD, even after official release.

There's no problem with this game not being gold "yet", period.

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

10 hours ago, SkruffyMan13 said:

SkruffyMan13

As I understand it, you want the developers to transfer the game from alpha to release right now because you don't want to see a flying robot. Me too, but I believe that good things await us too!

12 hours ago, SkruffyMan13 said:

SkruffyMan13

And that would change the game... how? 🤔

14 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Wait.... This isn't an official game?   What is this?   Where am I?  Dangit I knew I shoulda had the red pill....

Oh gorram, there's another zombie.  Back in a few yall...   Freaking pandemic.

Misbehave GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Maybe you guys know Empyrion. They just released the game, meanwhile v1.4x. Its such a joke, the game has content like a techdemo!

Staying in alpha is absolute ok, easy excuse for bugs and stuff. When you release you play by other rules.

btw, in comparsion out there on Steam 7days is allready better than many full versions. They couldt everytime if they want, no need to shame for anything after it.

Its very very sympatic from the pimps, it seems they have higher demands to their game as the actual state.

10 minutes ago, playlessNamer said:

Maybe you guys know Empyrion. They just released the game, meanwhile v1.4x. Its such a joke, the game has content like a techdemo!

Staying in alpha is absolute ok, easy excuse for bugs and stuff. When you release you play by other rules.

btw, in comparsion out there on Steam 7days is allready better than many full versions. They couldt everytime if they want, no need to shame for anything after it.

Its very very sympatic from the pimps, it seems they have higher demands to their game as the actual state.

I'm always using Ellyon as an example of what not to do.  They removed the EA tag from the Steam store, but the game is still very much in Alpha development. The 1.5 update due to arrive on June 1 will require wiping your saves.

They also added Workshop support too early, so a good 3/4 of what is out there in the workshop isn't even valid or functional on the current client version. To make matters worse, the only way you can tell, is if the author noted what version they designed/updated the structure in.

Oh but wait, there's more!  The current functionality of the workshop for Empyrion is just a placeholder. The system is going to be completely redesigned and all current builds rendered obsolete when the game is actually finished.

I love Empyrion, but some of the studio's choices really make me question if they know what they are doing.  To their benefit though, the developers are just as in touch with the community as TFP is. 

As much as I don’t like the “forever alpha” idea as a high level concept, I do feel that for games it’s probably a good idea. I think what hurts the most is seeing a game mechanic that I personally love (LBD and weapon/vehicle parts, player vomiting for me) get ripped out and replaced/removed and to also know it’s never coming back. I hope for this game that the “core”code/API  that made those things possible remains in the code so modders can put it back (even if it is a great effort) once the game stabilizes and goes gold. 

I feel TFP has always seemed to develop similar to “ok, we need a mechanic for things that can fly. Ok, let’s put in 1 vulture. Flying things...DONE) as they just want to get that 1 mechanic working well, and plan to either “flush out more models” at the final stages, or just let modders toke the wheel after gold to fill out the rest. 

I feel that today the game feels pretty good “as is” even though I cry knowing what it could be, either removed mechanics and/or possibilities that seem just so close to reality (more zeds, guns, whatever)

one area that worries me (for long term survival of the game) is modding.  I feel that the current and liklely suture state of modding will be sorta in forever shambles, specifically in terms of people being able to make and load mods and those mods working together seamlessly.  Sure, lots of games have this issue, especially with community made mods, but I feel something like Factorios mod launcher needs to exist to really polish it for users as it will tell you what dependencies of mods are needed, or what mods are not compatible with your game version. For 7D2D I’m not sure even steam workshop will help us (even though we have an unofficial mod launcher, I’m talking about “official” things that come with the game) with mod incompatibilities, but a few “pre game start checks” and better error messages could help a lot as well as some real standardizing of the modinfo.xml file for game versions, dependencies, etc. to keep bad mods from being loaded and messing up games.

anyway, I second/third/fourth the sentiments of “hey, we’re still getting updates and support?! ” as a better alternative to being left with forever bugs and bad code.  I do believe every time the game gets an update people who have moved on fire it back up and keep enjoying it to see what’s changed. 

This game still sits at the top of my most played games list, unlike a lot of other games where “it’s been played out”. I kinda hope alpha goes on forever, so as I sit in a retirement home I can fire up a755 b666 and go “yay”

8 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

one area that worries me (for long term survival of the game) is modding.  I feel that the current and liklely suture state of modding will be sorta in forever shambles, specifically in terms of people being able to make and load mods and those mods working together seamlessly. 

Personally, this is the only reason I want the game to go gold. Until then, modding is a moving target.

But other than that, I actually would like it if more games were "in alpha" for this long. It means the game's getting worked on and improved.

Well, this game is evolving pretty good. They add or change some mechanics.. some of them i like, some of them i like less. Lets say, reducing number of biomes is kinda big change I guess, but i dont mind this. Removing of crafting grid, well, i understand why they did this change. Lets see how big impact will be the change of building mats in a20. Overrall this is one of my favourite games, maybe another f2p title which is worth to mention as a big success is path of exile. Those 2 games are the best i have ever played.