[A19] khzmusik's modlets

khzmusik

On 11/23/2021 at 10:29 AM, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Hello @khzmusik,

I wanted to use the automechanic trader and was also happy that it could work. However, it does not work so well for me with placing him.

I wanted to place the trader via the debug menu / spawn menu inside the game, but he does not appear there.

Do I have to pay attention to something special?

I have used the current version from the gitlab cloned.

I assume you mean the trader NPC itself, and not the entire POI?

If you, you would need to add this to the "npcTraderMartin" definition in entityclasses.xml:

<property name="HideInSpawnMenu" value="false"/>

Trader Martin inherits from the other trader entity classes, which have this set to "true".

However - being a trader, I don't know how it would behave in game. I haven't tested, but I'm guessing it would not behave well at all as an NPC "out in the world."

If what you want is to create a new trader POI with him in it, I suggest using the custom spawn block I created. It is a block called "spawnTraderMartin", and you would place it in the POI like any other block. This is the same way the vanilla traders are spawned (but with a different spawn block).

Hi ...

that was exactly the right hint. Now I can also set the trader in the game via the debug menu.
It works wonderfully, by the way. 😇

I will follow your advice for the server later and use the SpawnBlocks.
But at this point I am not yet, the plan is a somewhat larger market with a variety of different traders with different goods.

But one more question.
Is there a program / software with which I can create such characters, or is it just dabbling in the XML file (archetypes)?

32 minutes ago, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Hi ...

that was exactly the right hint. Now I can also set the trader in the game via the debug menu.
It works wonderfully, by the way. 😇

I will follow your advice for the server later and use the SpawnBlocks.
But at this point I am not yet, the plan is a somewhat larger market with a variety of different traders with different goods.

But one more question.
Is there a program / software with which I can create such characters, or is it just dabbling in the XML file (archetypes)?

Trader Martin is a UMA character. Those can be created with XML. However, UMA is on the way out in 7D2D, so that method probably won't be around forever. It's the system used for player characters, and TFP are moving towards their own system.

If you want to make your own character model, you'll need to do it in a modeling app and set it up in Unity. I use Fuse for my modeled zombies, rigged them in Mixamo, and followed Xyth's tutorials to set them up in Unity. It's not a straightforward process but it's doable if you're willing to learn it all.

If you do work with UMA, them probably the easiest thing to do is start with existing archetypes and go from there. I have a bunch of notes in my UMA zombie modlet if you want to check that out. They're in the README.md for for that modlet, there should be a link in the first post.

EDIT: And, happy Thanksgiving, if you're American. 

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

10 hours ago, khzmusik said:

EDIT: And, happy Thanksgiving, if you're American. 

Hi @khzmusik,

no, not really 😁. I come from Germany, but a nice turkey  and the other delicacies I could also take well now. 😋

I run together with another admin the 'Nachtwache II' what makes me currently very much fun. There we are planning a somewhat larger prefab and there Martin would fit in very well with his new buddies.

Thanks for the links to the UMA which will help me a lot.

Unfortunately, the link to the wearables is no longer available.
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52099-Bad-Company/page3

Is there anywhere else I can look at a list for this?

On 11/26/2021 at 2:59 AM, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Unfortunately, the link to the wearables is no longer available.
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52099-Bad-Company/page3

Is there anywhere else I can look at a list for this?

It took me a while, but I finally found a link to that post that works after the forums were moved:

The rest of the thread is worth reading too.

EDIT: Keep in mind that was made back in A16 (I believe) so some of it is probably outdated. For example, I doubt that the colored items are still around, after they introduced dyes. But, you could double-check the wearable items by comparing that list with the items in items.xml.

EDIT 2: Also updated the link in my README.md file.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)