[A19] khzmusik's modlets

khzmusik

On 11/23/2021 at 10:29 AM, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Hello @khzmusik,

I wanted to use the automechanic trader and was also happy that it could work. However, it does not work so well for me with placing him.

I wanted to place the trader via the debug menu / spawn menu inside the game, but he does not appear there.

Do I have to pay attention to something special?

I have used the current version from the gitlab cloned.

I assume you mean the trader NPC itself, and not the entire POI?

If you, you would need to add this to the "npcTraderMartin" definition in entityclasses.xml:

<property name="HideInSpawnMenu" value="false"/>

Trader Martin inherits from the other trader entity classes, which have this set to "true".

However - being a trader, I don't know how it would behave in game. I haven't tested, but I'm guessing it would not behave well at all as an NPC "out in the world."

If what you want is to create a new trader POI with him in it, I suggest using the custom spawn block I created. It is a block called "spawnTraderMartin", and you would place it in the POI like any other block. This is the same way the vanilla traders are spawned (but with a different spawn block).

Hi ...

that was exactly the right hint. Now I can also set the trader in the game via the debug menu.
It works wonderfully, by the way. 😇

I will follow your advice for the server later and use the SpawnBlocks.
But at this point I am not yet, the plan is a somewhat larger market with a variety of different traders with different goods.

But one more question.
Is there a program / software with which I can create such characters, or is it just dabbling in the XML file (archetypes)?

32 minutes ago, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Hi ...

that was exactly the right hint. Now I can also set the trader in the game via the debug menu.
It works wonderfully, by the way. 😇

I will follow your advice for the server later and use the SpawnBlocks.
But at this point I am not yet, the plan is a somewhat larger market with a variety of different traders with different goods.

But one more question.
Is there a program / software with which I can create such characters, or is it just dabbling in the XML file (archetypes)?

Trader Martin is a UMA character. Those can be created with XML. However, UMA is on the way out in 7D2D, so that method probably won't be around forever. It's the system used for player characters, and TFP are moving towards their own system.

If you want to make your own character model, you'll need to do it in a modeling app and set it up in Unity. I use Fuse for my modeled zombies, rigged them in Mixamo, and followed Xyth's tutorials to set them up in Unity. It's not a straightforward process but it's doable if you're willing to learn it all.

If you do work with UMA, them probably the easiest thing to do is start with existing archetypes and go from there. I have a bunch of notes in my UMA zombie modlet if you want to check that out. They're in the README.md for for that modlet, there should be a link in the first post.

EDIT: And, happy Thanksgiving, if you're American. 

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

10 hours ago, khzmusik said:

EDIT: And, happy Thanksgiving, if you're American. 

Hi @khzmusik,

no, not really 😁. I come from Germany, but a nice turkey  and the other delicacies I could also take well now. 😋

I run together with another admin the 'Nachtwache II' what makes me currently very much fun. There we are planning a somewhat larger prefab and there Martin would fit in very well with his new buddies.

Thanks for the links to the UMA which will help me a lot.

Unfortunately, the link to the wearables is no longer available.
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52099-Bad-Company/page3

Is there anywhere else I can look at a list for this?

On 11/26/2021 at 2:59 AM, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Unfortunately, the link to the wearables is no longer available.
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52099-Bad-Company/page3

Is there anywhere else I can look at a list for this?

It took me a while, but I finally found a link to that post that works after the forums were moved:

The rest of the thread is worth reading too.

EDIT: Keep in mind that was made back in A16 (I believe) so some of it is probably outdated. For example, I doubt that the colored items are still around, after they introduced dyes. But, you could double-check the wearable items by comparing that list with the items in items.xml.

EDIT 2: Also updated the link in my README.md file.

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI, I have pushed some changes to the A19 modlets. These are almost certainly the last changes I will push for A19. My focus from here on out will be A20 modlets.

Changed:

• Preserved foods: Decreased the perk levels to create canned or preserved foods by one. This made them consistent with the other things you get from the perks, and IMHO is better balanced.
  • Auto Mechanic Traders got several improvements. Fixed: POI bugs that included a one-block-hole that players could get trapped in; fences are now higher so zombies will not get stuck in between fences and walls, and be unkillable; trader now has a secret stash; balanced/nerfed the amount of goods sold at the trader in all cases.

The new versions are in master and should show up in the Mod Launcher soon. The fixes to the Auto Mechanic Trader POI won't show up in saved games, though the fixes to its goods and secret stash probably will show up the next time the trader restocks.

If you're happy with the current state of things, then current game saves are OK, but if you really want the latest hotness, you should start a new world. If that's not something you want to do with A20E dropping tomorrow, I won't blame you. These fixes were mainly done so that I have a good starting point when the modlets are ported to A20 (if possible).

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, the_event_horizonx1 said:

Have any of the NPC/Faction modlets proven more difficult than anticipated when porting over to A20? Absolutely love your work, as far as I'm concerned its a must have until TFP implements equivalent NPCs officially.

Yes, it's difficult. :)

The A20 NPCs are totally different beasts. We're using an entirely separate AI system (Utility AI) that we're almost, but not quite, having to build from scratch. I'm lucky enough to be involved in the "ground floor" of this, though I'm not a major player, just helping out.

And that is just the NPCs themselves, it's not even counting the changes that will be required due to RWG. It is a ton of work. It won't be done until A20 is stable, at the earliest.

But once it's done it will be much more fantastic. There will be major improvements to pretty much everything. You just have to be patient. Very patient. Until then, just try to enjoy vanilla A20. That should tide you over. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 12:56 PM, Ashram said:

Hello

Does the Book Icons modlet compatible with A20 ?

Yes, thankfully. I've confirmed it myself.

I'm in the process of creating a simple A20 "Quality of Life" modlet that includes it, and some other small features which I think are not controversial. (Dyes stack, vehicles are sellable, brass takes less time to scrap, ammo bundles are craftable from loose ammo.)

But I've been pretty busy doing other stuff. If you didn't notice yet, the A20 NPC Core modlet dropped today, and I've been helping everyone with that pretty much 24/7 for the past month.

So, please be patient. I'll get to stuff, I promise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey K hope you are keeping well. Could I ask if the creature pack zombies with your adjustments mod and your own modelled zombies work with A20. Used them on A19 but I was not sure if still good for A20? 

Also, if they do still work do they add to the vanilla zombies (ie. increased spawns) or do they replace so the spawning numbers are the same.

Thank you

1 hour ago, nickuk01 said:

Hey K hope you are keeping well. Could I ask if the creature pack zombies with your adjustments mod and your own modelled zombies work with A20. Used them on A19 but I was not sure if still good for A20? 

Also, if they do still work do they add to the vanilla zombies (ie. increased spawns) or do they replace so the spawning numbers are the same.

Thank you

They should still function in A20 - with some minor bugs.

There isn't any place to put the Twitch-related icon, so you probably won't see one. There might also be some animations that were added in A20 that weren't in A19, but I don't know of any offhand.

The only thing that will be truly "broken" is that you won't see the zombie cowgirl, and you'll see yellow warnings in the console about that. I was spawning her with the "zombie old timer" (cowboy), and that zombie was removed from the game.

On that subject - in general, that's how I set my zombies to spawn: find a vanilla zombie of the same "theme" and put them in the same entity group, with a lower chance of spawning. This doesn't affect the spawn rates, or the number of zombies spawned at one time, it just adds my zombies to the "pool" that will be considered.

I was planning to update them to A20 anyway. I now have the tools to merge meshes, which means a) I can support vanilla flame particles now, and b) they will have to draw fewer things on the screen, so will have better performance. I can fix their spawning when I do that. I've just been extremely busy helping with NPC Core, so I haven't had time.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:41 PM, khzmusik said:

They should still function in A20 - with some minor bugs.

There isn't any place to put the Twitch-related icon, so you probably won't see one. There might also be some animations that were added in A20 that weren't in A19, but I don't know of any offhand.

The only thing that will be truly "broken" is that you won't see the zombie cowgirl, and you'll see yellow warnings in the console about that. I was spawning her with the "zombie old timer" (cowboy), and that zombie was removed from the game.

On that subject - in general, that's how I set my zombies to spawn: find a vanilla zombie of the same "theme" and put them in the same entity group, with a lower chance of spawning. This doesn't affect the spawn rates, or the number of zombies spawned at one time, it just adds my zombies to the "pool" that will be considered.

I was planning to update them to A20 anyway. I now have the tools to merge meshes, which means a) I can support vanilla flame particles now, and b) they will have to draw fewer things on the screen, so will have better performance. I can fix their spawning when I do that. I've just been extremely busy helping with NPC Core, so I haven't had time.

Understood. I hope when you have bit more time you will be able to update them to A20. I personally would like them to add to the spawning rates so they are additional to the vanilla zombies as I like more rather than less but I leave you to decide how best to implement them. Thanks again for your continued support to the community. I really appreciated your adjustments mod to the creature pack. I totally agreed with your adjustments and it made for a better experience IMO

11 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

Understood. I hope when you have bit more time you will be able to update them to A20. I personally would like them to add to the spawning rates so they are additional to the vanilla zombies as I like more rather than less but I leave you to decide how best to implement them. Thanks again for your continued support to the community. I really appreciated your adjustments mod to the creature pack. I totally agreed with your adjustments and it made for a better experience IMO

Well, good news and bad news. The good news: I was working on updating them for A20 tonight.

The bad news: I was wrong when I said the A19 version would work. The Fun Pimps renamed a couple of the zombies in A20, and my own zombies were extending them, so the A19 version will get red errors in the console and won't spawn at all. (I think it prevents the continued parsing of the XML so might mess up vanilla entities too.)

I still have some issues to work out to update the models for A20, but even in the worst case scenario, I can use the A19 models (they just won't have the Twitch icon over their heads). The XML seems to be working fine, so I should be able to release an A20 version within the next day or two.

When I do, I'm going to start a new thread for the A20 modlets. I will post a link to the new thread here, and let this thread go gentle into that good night.

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Aesirkin said:

Do you happen to know if the trader lore modlet is compatible with A20?  I didn't see it listed in the A20 thread, unless I just missed it.  Thanks!

I have not ported it to A20, but it should work as is. I was going to make it part of a larger mod, but I can port it over as soon as I am off work tomorrow.

7 hours ago, khzmusik said:

I have not ported it to A20, but it should work as is. I was going to make it part of a larger mod, but I can port it over as soon as I am off work tomorrow.

Thanks!  I was looking for something completely different when this mod came up in my search, and I knew my one friend would absolutely love it on our server.  :)

15 hours ago, Aesirkin said:

Thanks!  I was looking for something completely different when this mod came up in my search, and I knew my one friend would absolutely love it on our server.  :)

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I just installed it into an A20 vanilla game, and it works fine. So if you're modding vanilla (or close to it) then you can just use the A19 modlet.

The bad news is that it's not compatible with the new dialog window in SCore and NPCCore. The traders' responses don't show up.

I will have to figure out why, and how to fix it, before I release the A20 modlet. So that will take a bit of time. It should be coming eventually though.

EDIT: Also because I am a dope, I didn't realize this was the A19 thread. Let's move this to the A20 thread, here:

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 6:15 PM, khzmusik said:

New modlet:

Book Icons

Modifies the "book read" icon to be a green check mark.

https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a19-modlets/-/tree/master/khzmusik_Book_Icons

Inspired by this thread:

Hey guys anyone verify if this mod works well for the current release and if its worth having?  Looks good thanks

Edited by RAGE PVE (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

on the seasonal weather, is actual new weather added or can it be added, i.e. thunder storms, blizzards, torrential down pours, possible rad storms, etc? Which bring to my mind the question of if the sky box can be changed with the varying weathers to something custom?

I'd like to add in multiple things along the above lines once I figure it all out.