Jump to content

[A19] khzmusik's modlets


khzmusik
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jegethy said:

Regarding the weather mod, what exactly does the meteorological season number relate to? You've said it's 3 weeks and I am unsure how "84" equates to 3 weeks.

 

A season is 3 weeks = 21 days * 4 seasons = 84

  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I discovered that I can edit the first post again. Yay!

 

And it's a good thing, too. Just in time for the weekend, I finally finished the human NPC modlets that I've been working on for months.

 

If you want a fully-featured human NPC experience in 7D2D, then grab all these modlets:

 

Also, make sure you install these modlets from other modders, the above modlets are dependent upon them:

  • 0-SphereIICore - MUST be the latest version!
  • 0-CreaturePackHumans
  • 1-NPCPackHumans
  • SphereII NPC Dialog Windows

If you don't, or can't, use DMT, then you can use this collection of modlets instead:

Unfortunately, the quests require DMT (in the SphereII Core module), so you won't have those. Also, due to vanilla limitations, sleepers won't wake up at all unless the player is considered an enemy - so, all other humans are enemies in this combination of modlets. (Neither limitation is present in the DMT collection.)

 

Want to help? Here's how:

  • We need more human POIs. If you are a prefab designer, you only need the Human Factions and Prefabs modlet. That contains the code for the human sleeper volumes. See the design README for details and suggestions.
  • This is an initial release, so there may be a couple of bugs, and there almost certainly will be balancing issues. The bugs I can hopefully fix, but the balancing issues might have to wait until this is all ported over to A20 (which is not too far away now).

I really hope you all enjoy this.

 

EDIT: I should also mention - the bulk of the NPC quests are designed for mid-to-late game. Most are Tier 2 or above, and you won't get certain quests (like the "murder" quests) until Tier 4 or 5.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One more to sneak in before A20...

 

New Zombies

 

I finally got around to messing with Unity and some character model creators, and managed to make a bunch of new zombies:

  • a new burnt zombie

  • an older businessman zombie

  • an older businesswoman zombie

  • a skinny cowgirl zombie

  • a generic, skinny, female zombie

  • a female lumberjack zombie

  • a female office worker zombie

  • a female stripper zombie, similar to the original TFP designs (Warning! Nudity)

  • a male firefighter zombie

  • a generic, but skinny, male zombie

  • a short but stocky police woman zombie

They should all spawn with the appropriate vanilla zombies.

 

This modlet is dependent upon 0-CreaturePackZombies.

 

It has custom assets, so it is not server-side safe. However, it does not have custom C# code, so you can just copy it into the Mods folder, and you do not need to disable EAC.

 

https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a19-modlets/-/tree/master/1-CreaturePackZombies_khzmusik

 

Screenshots are attached.

 

Hope you all enjoy them!

A19.6_2021-09-18_01-23-48.jpg

A19.6_2021-09-18_01-24-01.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mikado said:


Hi khzmusik

It miss a localization file for your creature pack 😜for a lore lover like you, this is really strange 
Not nice to have zombieBusinesswomanKhz is not it ?

Thanks for this pack anyway.

 

I will have to do research about this. I don't know where that name is displayed, nor how to translate the name.

 

But, I am doing some final bug fixes for all modlets before A20 reaches experimental. Once I find out, I will add translations.

 

EDIT: One thing I intend to fix, is the zombie businessman's green skin. I thought it would look cool, but now that I see it in game, I think it looks silly. If anyone here wants me to keep that green skin, now is your chance to tell me.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just create a file called Localization.txt inside the config folder 😀

Key,File,Type,english
zombieBurntKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Burnt
zombieBusinessmanKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Business man
zombieBusinesswomanKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Business woman
zombieCowgirlKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Cow Girl
zombieFemaleKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Femme
zombieFemaleLumberjackKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Fat woman
zombieFemaleOfficeKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Office worker
zombieFemaleStripperKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Stripper
zombieFirefighterKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Fire Fighter
zombieMaleKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Man
zombiePolicewomanKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Police officer

Edited by Mikado (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mikado said:

Key,File,Type,english
zombieBurntKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Burnt
zombieBusinessmanKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Business man
zombieBusinesswomanKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Business woman
zombieCowgirlKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Cow Girl
zombieFemaleKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Femme
zombieFemaleLumberjackKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Fat woman
zombieFemaleOfficeKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Office worker
zombieFemaleStripperKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Stripper
zombieFirefighterKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Fire Fighter
zombieMaleKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Man
zombiePolicewomanKhz,entityclasses,Entity,Police officer

 

Oh, so they are just like items or blocks. That is good to know.

 

I will make actual translations. (It is not hard to do.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

EDIT: One thing I intend to fix, is the zombie businessman's green skin. I thought it would look cool, but now that I see it in game, I think it looks silly. If anyone here wants me to keep that green skin, now is your chance to tell me.


Indeed too green for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bug Fixes for A19 Modlets

 

I just pushed bug fixes to a lot of my modlets, and updated their patch versions. The fixes are all on the master branch, so they should show up in the Mod Launcher soon, if you're using that. If not, you will need to download and install the modlets manually, as per usual.

 

Here is a list of what was fixed:

 

  • 1-CreaturePackZombies_khzmusik: Localization for zombie names
  • 1-CreaturePackZombies_khzmusik: Improvements to zombie models (gore, skins, etc.)
  • 1-SphereIICore_khzmusik_FoodSpoilage: Coffee now spoils, as does beer; added IPA that doesn't (must be crafted)
  • 2-NPCPackHumans_khzmusik_Adjustments_DMT: Adjusted hire costs, by weapon and armor types
  • 2-NPCPackHumans_khzmusik_Adjustments_DMT: Reduced spawn rates for human NPCs
  • 2-NPCPackHumans_khzmusik_Adjustments_DMT: Removed trader voice set from NPCs, so they don't randomly talk to you in Joel's voice
  • khzmusik_Bad_Medicine: Medical (clean) bandages now listed under campfire chemicals group
  • khzmusik_Preserved_Foods: Preserved snowberries cure dysentery (for consistency with Snowberry Love)
  • khzmusik_Snowberry_Love: Snowberry tea spoils (if spoilage modlet is installed - there should be no change if it's not)
  • khzmusik_Snowberry_Love: First aid bandage recipe with snowberry paste, now requires a bandage rather than cloth (for consistency with Bad Medicine, and also because I think that makes more sense)

I am hoping this fixes all of the lingering bugs for A19. If so, there should not be any more updates before A20.

 

Once A20 happens, I will start porting the modlets over. My plan is to make a new A20 thread and have modlets available as soon as it leaves experimental.

 

But speaking of A20, I have a question to ask. It seems like there isn't too much interest in the new NPCs modlets, which surprises me. So this is the question:

 

Should I combine the human NPC modlets into one? 

 

This would make it closer to an "overhaul," but ideally it could still be used with other modlets. The disadvantage, of course, is that you couldn't pick and choose which features you didn't want, by including or leaving out different modlets.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 3:58 AM, khzmusik said:

 

Should I combine the human NPC modlets into one? 

 

 

I only play in SP mode, never in MP, I have largely given on many games in MP with Leroys Jenkins and other stupid mentalities. I never found the atmosphere, the fun, the role-playing game, the respect for the first network games and its players of the time that I knew. I'm an old jerk. So for me the non-player characters are important even if the AI of 7DTD for them (how to put it) is, for the moment, very limited. The game is above all made for MP.

So wait for the A20 to decide, KHz, if technically first and then from a gameplay point of view, if it's really worth investing in lore and the NPCs that go with it.

I'm currently doing my own overhaul, my own stories based on Romero's mind, no zombie bears, other vultures or other zombies that come from I don't know where, no drop backpacks when I kill a zombie, no bodies which disappear within 60 seconds.

Maybe I'll broadcast it one of these four mornings, if there's an audience for those interested.

 

 

Edited by Mikado (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue with one specific faction mission, the defend whiteriver tier 3. Twice now I have attempted to complete this mission but the waypoint to start the quest does not appear at the POI. I thought it may just be a bugged POI or something at first, but the second time it happened to me was at a different whiteriver camp POI. I get a marker telling me to head to the location but as soon as I get near the camp the actual exclamation point waypoint doesn't appear. I even get a distance measurement that I can use to narrow down to where it should be at the corner of the camp, but there is just nothing to interact with there at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ate0ate said:

I'm having an issue with one specific faction mission, the defend whiteriver tier 3. Twice now I have attempted to complete this mission but the waypoint to start the quest does not appear at the POI. I thought it may just be a bugged POI or something at first, but the second time it happened to me was at a different whiteriver camp POI. I get a marker telling me to head to the location but as soon as I get near the camp the actual exclamation point waypoint doesn't appear. I even get a distance measurement that I can use to narrow down to where it should be at the corner of the camp, but there is just nothing to interact with there at all.

 

That is weird. Are you playing on a new RWG map? Is it possible that the POI didn't spawn?

 

There is only one POI per faction per tier. Could you let me know which POI it's sending you to? (Or claims it's sending you to.)

 

EDIT: If it's a Tier 3 defend quest, it should be sending you to a POI called "whiteriver_faction_trailer_park_T3." If you open up the POI teleporter, is it in that list? (To open the POI teleporter, F1 to bring up the console, enter "dm" for debug mode, hit ESC, and you should have an "Open POI teleporter" button in the upper-left hand corner under the usual "Exit" button.)

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ate0ate said:

I'm having an issue with one specific faction mission, the defend whiteriver tier 3. Twice now I have attempted to complete this mission but the waypoint to start the quest does not appear at the POI. I thought it may just be a bugged POI or something at first, but the second time it happened to me was at a different whiteriver camp POI. I get a marker telling me to head to the location but as soon as I get near the camp the actual exclamation point waypoint doesn't appear. I even get a distance measurement that I can use to narrow down to where it should be at the corner of the camp, but there is just nothing to interact with there at all.

 

OK, I found the issue. It's my fault, sorry.

 

The POI in question did not have a rally point. I added one earlier in the creation process, but somehow forgot to add it back in to the final version.

 

I pushed changes to my repo, so this won't happen again. I also updated the version number so the Mod Launcher should pick it up (eventually). It is here:

https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a19-modlets/-/tree/master/khzmusik_Human_Factions_Prefabs

 

The only thing that changed is the rally marker, so it should be safe to update an existing game. You probably don't even have to re-compile the Mods.dll file since there are no C# changes (though it shouldn't be an issue if you do).

 

Unfortunately, the existing POIs won't pick up the changes until they are reset, and they can't be reset without the rally marker. I believe that if the quest sends you to a POI that is not yet loaded into the world's chunks, it will pick up the new version.

 

But for those existing POIs, I think you need to delete the chunks that the POIs are in. If you do this, then you will lose all information in those chunks, so make sure they're in chunks that don't contain anything else you care about (like a base). Here is a forum topic about that:

(You should only need to delete the chunks that contain the POIs, not the entire world - see the green text in that forum post.)

 

Another alternative is to place other copies of the POI in unvisited parts of the world using the World Editor, and only accept the quest if it sends you to those copies. Here are a couple YouTube videos showing how to do that:

https://youtu.be/mcRrk8WmqaM

https://youtu.be/9iYajC5QN_k

 

Or, don't do any of that, and simply don't accept any quests that send you to that POI.

 

I really apologize for the mistake. I thought I tested all of these but I must have tested an earlier version.

 

If you run across any other bugs let me know. I will go through and re-test all the NPC POIs when I have time tomorrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am using a Kinggen generated world using your initial provided settings as I generated the world before you tweaked the values for kinggen in your most recent update. To be clear, I did update everything but the world itself was generated using the older kinggen values. It is the correct poi that you have written above and I definitely have two of those POIs, at least. One is in the forest biome by my base and the other in the desert biome 4km away. In both instances the marker leads me to the corner of the trailer park camp where there is some barbed wire and a concrete pillar. The marker seems to lead to the pillar if i follow the "distance to" that is displayed. I initially thought it may have spawned the rally point in the ground a bit or even in the pillar itself but that is not the case. Thanks for getting back to me btw.

 

EDIT: You replied right when I did lol. Thanks for the fix and the info. I don't mind resetting the chunks. Gives me a great excuse to move the base anyways:) I'll grab the update from gitlab and get to it. Thanks again. Amazing work. It really makes a single player world feel so much more alive having some sort of dynamic life besides zeds roaming about. Thanks for balancing the creature pack too, those demon dogs were absolutely lethal.

Edited by ate0ate (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ate0ate said:

I am using a Kinggen generated world using your initial provided settings as I generated the world before you tweaked the values for kinggen in your most recent update. To be clear, I did update everything but the world itself was generated using the older kinggen values. It is the correct poi that you have written above and I definitely have two of those POIs, at least. One is in the forest biome by my base and the other in the desert biome 4km away. In both instances the marker leads me to the corner of the trailer park camp where there is some barbed wire and a concrete pillar. The marker seems to lead to the pillar if i follow the "distance to" that is displayed. I initially thought it may have spawned the rally point in the ground a bit or even in the pillar itself but that is not the case. Thanks for getting back to me btw.

 

EDIT: You replied right when I did lol. Thanks for the fix and the info. I don't mind resetting the chunks. Gives me a great excuse to move the base anyways:) I'll grab the update from gitlab and get to it. Thanks again. Amazing work. It really makes a single player world feel so much more alive having some sort of dynamic life besides zeds roaming about. Thanks for balancing the creature pack too, those demon dogs were absolutely lethal.

 

Let me know how it goes, and again, sorry for the stupid mistake.

 

I'm glad that you're enjoying the NPC modlets. Please let me know if you spot anything else. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Things are going well since the fix but I do have a quick question. There is probably little that can be done about it and I am unsure if it is an issue with NPCs themselves or the factions in general or if it is even an "issue" at all. When I place a robotic sledge it will strike at NPCs that roam by regardless of my faction status with them. I built my base unknowingly close to a Whiteriver camp, which has been interesting, and the NPCs tend to roam around the area frequently often being drawn to roaming zombies near my base. If they stray too close to the sledge they get hit and then aggro as if I hit them so I am forced to kill them as they attack unless the sledge does it first. Really puts a strain on faction relations to say the least:) I assume an auto turret would behave much the same but I have not placed one so I I can't be certain. I can certainly live with this but I thought I'd ask. Great job on the new zombies by the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ate0ate said:

Things are going well since the fix but I do have a quick question. There is probably little that can be done about it and I am unsure if it is an issue with NPCs themselves or the factions in general or if it is even an "issue" at all. When I place a robotic sledge it will strike at NPCs that roam by regardless of my faction status with them. I built my base unknowingly close to a Whiteriver camp, which has been interesting, and the NPCs tend to roam around the area frequently often being drawn to roaming zombies near my base. If they stray too close to the sledge they get hit and then aggro as if I hit them so I am forced to kill them as they attack unless the sledge does it first. Really puts a strain on faction relations to say the least:) I assume an auto turret would behave much the same but I have not placed one so I I can't be certain. I can certainly live with this but I thought I'd ask. Great job on the new zombies by the way.


That was a known issue with NPCs in general, but I thought it was fixed in SphereII Core.

 

If you look in the 0-SphereIICore modlet, go to the Configs directory, and open the blocks.xml file. There is a block with the name "ConfigFeatureBlock". In it, there is a property node named "AdvancedNPCFeatures", and within that, there is another property named "HumanTags". Its "value" attribute is a comma-separated list of entity tags.

 

In theory, any entity with these tags should use faction-based targeting. At the end of that list is a "deployed" tag, and that tag is on all the deployed junk robotics (junk sledge, junk turret, eventually the junk drone).

 

Can you double-check to see if your version of SphereII Core has that? If it does, then maybe something got screwed up in a later update.

 

You could also try adding the "turret" tag to the end of that list, to see if that helps. That tag isn't used by the junk drone, but it is used by the sledge and turret.

 

If that doesn't work, then something else must be going on.

 

That only affects the junk robotics though. It wouldn't affect the auto turret or shotgun turret (the ones that require power). I have not even tested with those yet.

 

EDIT: This assumes you're using the NPCPack versions of the NPCs, which require Core for the custom C# code. If you're using the CreaturePack humans, then there's not much that can be done.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I am using the NPCpack version of NPCs along with your suite of mods. I checked to see if my version of Spherell Core contained both of the properties you mentioned and indeed it does. I did try adding the "turret" tag to the "HumanTags" property but still am having the issue of the sledge targeting NPCs. I suppose a conflict  is possible though I am not using any other modlets that touch NPCs or the turrets/robotics, at least not that I am aware of, but I will try stripping out everything other than just the NPC modlets and related dependencies to see if the issue remains as soon as I get the time. Thank you very much for looking into this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ate0ate said:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I am using the NPCpack version of NPCs along with your suite of mods. I checked to see if my version of Spherell Core contained both of the properties you mentioned and indeed it does. I did try adding the "turret" tag to the "HumanTags" property but still am having the issue of the sledge targeting NPCs. I suppose a conflict  is possible though I am not using any other modlets that touch NPCs or the turrets/robotics, at least not that I am aware of, but I will try stripping out everything other than just the NPC modlets and related dependencies to see if the issue remains as soon as I get the time. Thank you very much for looking into this.

 

I just tried this myself. If it ever worked before, it's sure not working now.

 

I was thinking maybe I was confusing it with another issue where the turrets would target hired NPCs. But that's not it. Hired NPCs won't take any damage from the turrets, but the turrets still fire at them (basically just wasting ammo).

 

The behavior is exactly the same even without including any of the tags that are on the turret entity classes. It doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever.

 

I could swear that it used to work, but it was a long time ago. I'm thinking it used to work in A18 but something changed in either the vanilla game or Core (vanilla is more likely). Or I was just wrong that it ever worked, and added that tag for nothing. :(

 

I did look in the Core code, and it might be possible to get turrets to use faction targeting, but that would require code changes and those usually break game saves. Plus, with A20 coming up soon, this will all have to be reworked anyway.

 

So, unfortunately, I don't think this problem is going to be solved in A19.

 

I will bring it up in the discord channel for the creature packs. Maybe there's a solution that someone else knows about.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm no coder but I can only imagine how much of a headache integrating a faction recognition system into the turrets/traps would be. I completely understand that with alpha 20 coming up it makes no sense to break things now with code changes. I've been mitigating the damage by simply using the creative menu to give myself faction point books totaling the damage done to relations by the sledge. Not perfect, but it works well enough for me. Thank you for your time here regardless, its much appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alrighty, I have one more possible issue for you that I just stumbled upon. Much like the missing waypoint I had before in the tier 3 Whiteriver camp, this time I have a missing waypoint in the tier 5 bandit camp. I went to the trader and chose a Tier 5 Murder for the Whisperers mission which was located at the Tier 5 bandit camp. Much like before as I approached the POI the waypoint to actually start the mission appears to be missing. Now the odd thing is that I had a mission at this POI before that worked just fine. I do not remember which faction the mission was for before but I do know that it was a steal mission, not a murder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ate0ate said:

Alrighty, I have one more possible issue for you that I just stumbled upon. Much like the missing waypoint I had before in the tier 3 Whiteriver camp, this time I have a missing waypoint in the tier 5 bandit camp. I went to the trader and chose a Tier 5 Murder for the Whisperers mission which was located at the Tier 5 bandit camp. Much like before as I approached the POI the waypoint to actually start the mission appears to be missing. Now the odd thing is that I had a mission at this POI before that worked just fine. I do not remember which faction the mission was for before but I do know that it was a steal mission, not a murder.

 

I think I found the bug. It looks like a bug with the quest itself. The short version, I mistakenly made it a fetch quest rather than a murder quest.

 

EDIT: I may be mistaken. I found this bug with the Murder for Whiteriver quest, not the one for Whisperers. I'll keep digging. It might be an issue with the POI after all, though if you successfully did a "steal" quest, it's probably not (or at least it's not an issue with the rally marker).

 

I'm going to go through all of them and see if I can find any others. I will also double-check that the POIs all have quest markers, though I believe I checked them all with the last update.

 

If there are any changes needed to the POIs, then I will probably issue another update to them. I intended to add the XML tags such that they only spawn in certain biomes, but didn't add them.

 

I'll make sure any POI changes are in a different update. POI changes have a higher risk of messing up existing worlds. The quest changes should take effect the next time you start the game - though it may mess up quests in progress, those quests would have been messed up anyway, so no big deal.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found the issue. Unfortunately, it was the worst case scenario. The T5 Bandits POI did not have a rally marker.

 

I'm not sure how that keeps happening. This time I made absolutely certain that all the human POIs have rally markers. I caught another T5 POI that also did not, the Military POI. Both are updated in the POIs modlet.

 

I also pushed a fix for the bug with the Tier 5 Whiteriver "murder" quest. That is in the Quests modlet.

 

Both modlets should now be working, and I bumped the version numbers of each. Since the quest bug is in a different modlet, you should be able to update that without any risk of breaking the world.

 

For the others, unfortunately, you will have to delete the chunks again, or live with the fact that those POIs can't be targeted for "murder" quests. I'm also not sure how they worked when they were targeted for "rob" quests, so you might have to steer clear of those as well.

 

I guess that's what happens when you rush to get things out while A19 is still around. :( Hopefully I've learned my lesson for A20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...