Controller help

Thordragon

First thing I couldn't find a technical forum area and I do like keyboard and mouse. Just when I got back into play 7 Days To Die I founded out the game stop supporting my Xbox One Windows 10 controller. its the modern Xbox One version. The game has it enabled and the gamepad area it is on Xbox but at the same time it just won't work. I did also try to reach out to the support of the game by doing that ticket but so far no response from them. I am trying to see if these forums can help me out. I think it be awesome if I get my controller to work so I can do ether or. So if someone can help me fix my issue that be awesome. thanks

hi Thordragon,

where did you do a ticket as this one post here is all that shows for you.

i checked in our general support forum and nothing.

now, since you dont provide enough info for anyone here to help.. lets start by asking the questions and guessing.

1. is your xbox plugged in (if its wireless, are the batteries good).
2. you say it shows it as hooked up in game... maybe show a full size screen shot of your controller settings (PLEASE no thumbnail size as its is un-usable).
3. what do you mean by modern xbox one... mine is 2 yrs old and capable of wireless use (and it works).
4. could be your pcie lanes are bogged down... try unplugging a few usb contraptions if you have some plugged in.. like extra external hard drives, external speakers.. in that nature, to see if it clears up.
5. reference to you already asking for support.. if you did ask here, it would show up as a post count for you and i see you have only 1.. so maybe it didnt go thru or its in the wrong site.

look to top of page to see a colored banner.. please click on it and read it.. the more info you give, the better someone here may help you.

good luck

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

1 hour ago, Thordragon said:

I did also try to reach out to the support of the game by doing that ticket but so far no response from them.

I'm up to date on all help desk tickets and don't see yours so I'm not sure where you submitted a help ticket. Just to add to what Unholy Joe said, the two most common reasons why a peripheral stops working is because A) there is another peripheral that is causing a conflict so unplug/disconnect anything else and B) You need to update Steam or Windows or both. Given that the controller is Microsoft try initiating a Windows update and see if it clears up.

I posted the ticket on 7 days to die website. The controller is wireless with the Xbox adaptor for windows. What I mean by modern is I own the Xbox One controller I bought from EB Games that can use with those Xbox one and one s consoles I just use it for my PC. I don't have much hooked up as I have to use my main speakers and I my Thrustmaster T150 plugged in for my other games. I don't know why would cause anything though 

On 5/19/2021 at 5:18 AM, Thordragon said:

I posted the ticket on 7 days to die website. The controller is wireless with the Xbox adaptor for windows. What I mean by modern is I own the Xbox One controller I bought from EB Games that can use with those Xbox one and one s consoles I just use it for my PC. I don't have much hooked up as I have to use my main speakers and I my Thrustmaster T150 plugged in for my other games. I don't know why would cause anything though 

If you don't know then test it. Unplug your Thrustmaster (also the speakers if they are usb and not analog) and see if the problem goes away.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:18 PM, Thordragon said:

I posted the ticket on 7 days to die website.

It didn't come through. But if it had you would have gotten the same suggestions: Unplug other peripherals, remove any mods, update Windows, update Steam and try again.

• 3 weeks later...

We use dualshock 4 controllers. And haven't seen any issues with them at all.

What are your steam controller settings? I know there's a timeout to turn the controller off, and on some games we need to use the generic controller setting instead of actually the ps4 controller option.

(It's a bizarre steam thing.)

It could be steam does have full support for the new next gen console controllers done yet, but we used to use the old Xbox controllers, again with no issues.

Yeah, I didn't have any issues with my PS4 controllers outside of the USB power problem. BIOS update fixed that, and then the arrow buttons decided to mysteriously stop working on two controllers at the same time. Current test doesn't show any real issues with connectivity though.