Jump to content

what's your pet peeve about the game?


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, theFlu said:

How would Roland "doubt he knows about it" if Roland had seen him use it?

 

I thought it was about modification. I think the streamer did not know about the modification.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The loss of biomes to make rooms for better textures or other things is starting to hurt. Im a modder, and i just feel more and more restricted as new versions are released. Its been a great run with this excellent game, but I feel like im running out of interesting options for my maps. I will keep working through till final version, but I can honestly see my self going back to A17 in order to get the custom biomes back. Burnt biome is going now too, we are essentially down to 3 biomes and waste for cities and towns. I wish there was a good way to kill microsplat and bring back custom biomes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Guys, your missing the big picture with the twitch integration.  Not saying it will happen with 100% certainty but didn't MM mention a while back they wanted a better game event system to handle things such as wandering hordes?

 

Oh wait, we have a robust game event system now with the twitch integration.....hrmmm

 

In pimps we trust.....

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2021 at 7:13 AM, bachgaman said:

 

Lack of all character leveling games. Developers could do game design to solve at least such obvious problems, but for the last year they have been creating a flying robot and twitch integration for ten streamers from twitch

You must be joking because the trader's rewards are now so valuable that they completely break the game (200 bullets or 20 grenades for 1st level quests, the best top tier items for higher quests). Also a huge amount of money and experience

true but i feel the quest could have a lot more variety so that way the likelihood of seeing repeat rewards is slim as it sits i either get ammo med kits or iron and steel tools which are useless as i have an auger and chainsaw in both playthroughs im doing and you can only use 4k shotgun shells so fast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

#cp, why would anyone decide that #cp was a good command to use. sp is what shows up on the streamers channel, when you type #cp in a streamers chat it comes up as pimp points. Even a command where a streamer can #addpp,  which a viewer can check by doing #cp in the chat.

 

I'm probably a bit biased about the whole twitch integration thing since less than 1% of the player base is likely to use it, but then nobody at tfp realizes that cp is bad?

  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

ik but you didn't say that!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
im going to take your job now!

 

Done. I made you super moderator in place of Roland. You can access your super moderator menue by flying high with the gyrocopter in game and pressing 'E'

 

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, soulsbane said:

why would anyone decide that #cp was a good command to use

Because it stands for checkpoint. Lathan said that you can even type #checkpoint instead of the abbreviation if it is of concern. Plus, I really don't think the connection between cp and child porn is as universally known as you think it is. Finally, there is intrinsically nothing wrong with typing out the full phrase: "child porn" so why would there be anything wrong with an abbreviation for it? 

 

Context is king. #cp stands for checkpoint in the context of the game period. Any other meanings are irrelevant. Its like when the Minister says the words "hell" or "ass" aloud when quoting scripture. Sure, some little kids will titter because of hearing those words out loud in church but most intelligent people understand the context and let it slide.

 

It will be interesting to see if they change it though since, apparently, political correctness is the reverse of child porn....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Integration is resources aimed at meeting the needs of a minority

The "resources" dedicated to this was one Dev's OFF THE CLOCK time.... How many times must you be given that information. Lathan (aka Fubar Prime on Twitch)did the work on this ON HIS OWN NICKEL! There, does it sink in this time?

21 hours ago, TotallyNotABot said:

Also I hate the spider zombie because it looks so low effort. Just a skinny dude that can moonwalk up walls.

Just how old of a version are you playing anyway? Spider hasn't climbed walls in years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despise how 7D2D went away from the zombie random masses roaming the world to the sleepers system. Ok, zombies are not real and this is just a game..but sleepers so overdone just feels so unreal and corny. The game needs more randomized roaming masses like A15-

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, TotallyNotABot said:

Also I hate the spider zombie because it looks so low effort. Just a skinny dude that can moonwalk up walls. They should redesign its body and make it much more mutated and spider esc. And improve its animations.

 

FYI, that model was the fulfillment of a Kickstarter pledge. Someone pledged quite a bit more than the price of the game to have their likeness included as a zombie. So it wasn't low effort by a long shot and it can't be redesigned to something so mutated that the skinny dude who paid for that model isn't getting what he paid for. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

The "resources" dedicated to this was one Dev's OFF THE CLOCK time.... How many times must you be given that information. Lathan (aka Fubar Prime on Twitch)did the work on this ON HIS OWN NICKEL! There, does it sink in this time?

the battle is over... chill out, soldier

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I for one like some realism in my science fiction. Imagine a dude who can't forge tools stop, stare into the distance, and suddenly he just knows how to make a forge. Apparently our character is a genius who can invent everything. LbD and schematics makes the most sense to me. Yeah, I get how people abused the system, but that to me just says the crafting time was the problem. I still don't like that chance was taken out of the loot system so you are guaranteed to not find anything good early game. I don't see how 1 level 1 iron tool day one is a bad thing, but I get the desire for a more elongated progression through the stages of gameplay. I don't like those things, but I get them.

 

As for something that's purely a pet peeve, it's that you cannot find flat ground outside of a town/city. I guess also how we went from unique city layout in A16 to the squares they are now. Just liked how each and every city was different, not just in the buildings but it the layout as well.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, fragtzack said:

Despise how 7D2D went away from the zombie random masses roaming the world to the sleepers system. Ok, zombies are not real and this is just a game..but sleepers so overdone just feels so unreal and corny. The game needs more randomized roaming masses like A15-

 

 

 

I started in Alpha 18, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter, but the idea of a random zombie horde sounds pretty cool.  And by horde, I do mean horde.  Not just 7 or 8 randoms walking around.  Some of the sleeper zombies' reactions don't make much sense, but I like those too.  I just think they should wake up easier.  It would certainly improve the stealth aspect.  Forgive me if any of this has changed.  I haven't played in a while.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Banginurz said:

I started in Alpha 18, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter, but the idea of a random zombie horde sounds pretty cool.  And by horde, I do mean horde.  Not just 7 or 8 randoms walking around.  Some of the sleeper zombies' reactions don't make much sense, but I like those too.  I just think they should wake up easier.  It would certainly improve the stealth aspect.  Forgive me if any of this has changed.  I haven't played in a while.

 

It's not difficult to change the XML files to make the game have a LOT more zombies in it.  But it does currently require you to mod the game, not that it's a bad thing to do so.  The game was designed to be modified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if it classifies as pet peeve, and it's probably beating a dead horse at this point, but I really dislike that Learn by Doing was removed. Like, it doesn't prevent me from playing, or anything, but it just removed a layer of progression that I liked and all actions have become a little less meaningful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, skylynx said:

I don't know if it classifies as pet peeve, and it's probably beating a dead horse at this point, but I really dislike that Learn by Doing was removed.

 

It does, it is, but you are allowed to lament the loss of LBD here in general discussions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

As came up last night while playing with friends.

Mining helmet schematic makes no sense typical scenario is like this:

we need lights while exploring and mining, we have flashlights & duct tape. Nobody can figure out what to do....

Until one day someone finds a chart telling them to tape a flashlight to a helmet and he says “GENIUS!”, then destroys the schematic so nobody else can copy what he does.

 

Funny concept to explain, fun game mechanic.

11 hours ago, Roland said:

 

It does, it is, but you are allowed to lament the loss of LBD here in general discussions.


While it is too late for this, I would prefer skills & progression based on how many days you survive.

Something like every day you survive you get 3 or whatever experience points. Every day you die you get 1 experience point, die more than one time in a day you get zero. 

Edited by Fanatical_Meat (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Something like every day you survive you get 3 or whatever experience points. Every day you die you get 1 experience point, die more than one time in a day you get zero. 

 

That makes sense for experienced players, but would be a huge problem for people just learning the game.  They will die a lot and make no progress making it easy to die again and again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

As came up last night while playing with friends.

Mining helmet schematic makes no sense typical scenario is like this:

we need lights while exploring and mining, we have flashlights & duct tape. Nobody can figure out what to do....

Until one day someone finds a chart telling them to tape a flashlight to a helmet and he says “GENIUS!”, then destroys the schematic so nobody else can copy what he does.

 

Funny concept to explain, fun game mechanic.

 

It doesn't make sense to find ready made recipes anyway, nobody prints pamphlets of how to build mining helmets.

 

BUT: Finding the recipe might stand for finding a varied set of half-burned half rotted books in a library that all have bits and pieces of knowledge that allow YOU to have a stroke of genius that makes YOU realize how you could build a working mining helmet.

 

Someone else might not stumble over the same assortment of books, might not find the right bits of information in them and even if he did all that might not have that stroke of luck to get the right idea from it.

 

The only thing not explained by this is why you can't teach others. No surprise there though, all MP survival games seem to have this same problem for balance reasons.

 

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whether books and schematics makes sense or not, several alphas ago they removed all the books and I suddenly had a pet peeve. Glad I don’t have that any more. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...