A19 Almond's Turret Expanded

Almond Milk

Almond's Turrets Expanded (A19)

3 Versions available

Hi all! This took much longer to get out than it should have, but I finally have an expanded turrets modlet ready to share.

Please report any issues you have, and I'll answer what I can to the best of my ability. Any criticism is also greatly appreciated.

Showcase

Overview:

With traders as well as industry, it's been easy to accumulate more ammo than I could do with. This modlet's aim was to provide specialized variations of the base auto turret from other firearms in the game, intending to eat excess ammo and add variation. All versions add in 4 variants of the auto turrets in the game, as well as a specialized Turret Workbench to prevent the turrets from cluttering crafting lists.

These turrets have slightly more expensive crafting recipes, as well as differing stats and power consumption. 

Added:

Schematics/Icons: 

• Schematics added to the same loot list as the standard turrets.
  • Steel Turrets are learned from the regular schematic.
  • Icons that show what ammo the turret uses (Unless in XML Only Version)

Advanced Engineering (4)

• Sniper Auto Turret: Using 7.62 rounds, the Sniper Auto Turret intended to add high single shot damage. It moves, fires, and reloads slower, but has the highest damage of any of the turrets with the largest range of motion.
  • Turret Workbench: A specialized Workstation to build your turrets, it builds turrets and nothing else.

Advanced Engineering (5)

• Heavy Shotgun Turret: Standard Shotgun shells, shorter range than the traditional version, but fires at a much faster rate to clear dense hordes.
  • Heavy Auto Turret: 44 Magnum round, slightly slower than the SMG Auto Turret. Higher damage with a slightly higher range of motion and slower fire rate.
  • M60 Auto Turret: Taking 7.62, the M60 Auto Turret has a shorter effective range than the SMG Auto Turret, but has a greatly increased rate of fire. With higher damage and a much wider bullet bloom, the M60 Auto Turret is better for defending corridors and densely packed hordes.

Steel Version:

• Turrets compatible with KhaineGB's Steel Ammo modlet found here.
  • Steel Auto Turrets, versions of the new turrets (and standard) but with minor performance downgrades and steel ammo compatibility.
  • Steel Auto Turret tab in the Turret Workbench
  • Reversibility: Have too many brass cased auto turrets? Swap them to steel mode in the workbench at no cost! If you want to reverse the decision, simply put it in the workbench with a few replacement parts and it's ready to go.

(Turret Icons)

Version Downloads:

XML Only: 

Adds all standard additions besides steel turrets by pure XML and color codes the turret version icons.

These *should* be server compatible, but I cannot test that.

Download the XML Only version here.

Base Version:

All additions besides steel turrets.

Download the Base version here.

Steel Ammo version:

Adds all additions as well as the steel turrets.

Download the Steel Ammo version here.

Notes:

--You may find the damage done to be excessive, turrets too slow, etc. If enough people believe it needs to be change, I will adjust the stats. Otherwise, I'll be making a file that explains how the turrets work for those who want to change things themselves.

--Having multiple auto turrets in close proximity may be the cause to multiple models visually disappearing, this happened without the mod and I'm not sure how to fix it.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:04 AM, Almond Milk said:

3 Versions available

Hi all! This took much longer to get out than it should have, but I finally have an expanded turrets modlet ready to share.

Please report any issues you have, and I'll answer what I can to the best of my ability. Any criticism is also greatly appreciated.

Showcase

Overview:

With traders as well as industry, it's been easy to accumulate more ammo than I could do with. This modlet's aim was to provide specialized variations of the base auto turret from other firearms in the game, intending to eat excess ammo and add variation. All versions add in 4 variants of the auto turrets in the game, as well as a specialized Turret Workbench to prevent the turrets from cluttering crafting lists.

These turrets have slightly more expensive crafting recipes, as well as differing stats and power consumption. 

Added:

Schematics/Icons: 

Advanced Engineering (4)

• Sniper Auto Turret: Using 7.62 rounds, the Sniper Auto Turret intended to add high single shot damage. It moves, fires, and reloads slower, but has the highest damage of any of the turrets with the largest range of motion.
  • Turret Workbench: A specialized Workstation to build your turrets, it builds turrets and nothing else.

Advanced Engineering (5)

• Heavy Shotgun Turret: Standard Shotgun shells, shorter range than the traditional version, but fires at a much faster rate to clear dense hordes.
  • Heavy Auto Turret: 44 Magnum round, slightly slower than the SMG Auto Turret. Higher damage with a slightly higher range of motion and slower fire rate.
  • M60 Auto Turret: Taking 7.62, the M60 Auto Turret has a shorter effective range than the SMG Auto Turret, but has a greatly increased rate of fire. With higher damage and a much wider bullet bloom, the M60 Auto Turret is better for defending corridors and densely packed hordes.

Steel Version:

• Steel Auto Turrets, versions of the new turrets (and standard) but with minor performance downgrades and steel ammo compatibility.
  • Reversibility: Have too many brass cased auto turrets? Swap them to steel mode in the workbench at no cost! If you want to reverse the decision, simply put it in the workbench with a few replacement parts and it's ready to go.

(Turret Icons)

Version Downloads:

XML Only: 

Adds all standard additions besides steel turrets by pure XML and color codes the turret version icons.

Base Version:

Steel Ammo version:

Notes:

--You may find the damage done to be excessive, turrets too slow, etc. If enough people believe it needs to be change, I will adjust the stats. Otherwise, I'll be making a file that explains how the turrets work for those who want to change things themselves.

--Having multiple auto turrets in close proximity may be the cause to multiple models visually disappearing, this happened without the mod and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Did you replace a model of the battery? Or can you already do that? I happen to have a model of the battery, and if you can add it, it will be the perfect mod.

On 5/8/2021 at 3:44 AM, JACKT said:

Did you replace a model of the battery? Or can you already do that? I happen to have a model of the battery, and if you can add it, it will be the perfect mod.

No, it uses the vanilla turret models. I can't change anything besides the XML in the moment because I don't understand the turrets in Unity, and I don't know if I'm even allowed to use the model you have.

On 5/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, Father said:

loading up server notice xml error thought I would point it out to you 

wrn xml patch for "loot.xml" from mod "almonds turret mod" did not apply: <append xpath="/loot"

Hi! I'm sorry about that, if that was the XML only version I had accidentally used the download link to the base folder. This is the XML only version, I'm sorry for the trouble this may have caused.

On 5/4/2021 at 11:04 PM, Almond Milk said:

XML Only: 

That's actually the wrong link! Sorry about that. The download link is here, I can't edit the main post.

(Download XML only here)

On 5/4/2021 at 9:04 PM, Almond Milk said:

3 Versions available

Showcase

Overview:

Added:

Schematics/Icons: 

Advanced Engineering (4)

Advanced Engineering (5)

Steel Version:

(Turret Icons)

Version Downloads:

XML Only: 

Base Version:

Steel Ammo version:

Notes:

Almond does the turret come with an avaiable option for nuke ammo :)

2 minutes ago, Almond Milk said:

Sadly it doesn't! I did some fiddling with the idea of a rocket or mortar turret, to make a long story short: it doesn't work :(

probably for the better as once i had an ammo expansion mod and it had the M.O.A.B in it suffice to say i had to delete my world the enxt day XD

4 minutes ago, Almond Milk said:

Sadly it doesn't! I did some fiddling with the idea of a rocket or mortar turret, to make a long story short: it doesn't work :(

Not only you have this idea, I had the idea of joining military equipment a long time ago. My goal is to make this a game like battlefield

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Evilspartan said:

When connecting turret to turret it gives this error we had them hooked up on a solar panel 

Material doesn't have a property _Maintex.

This is the xml multiplayer version

I've never seen property_Maintex before, a google search said it was a Unity issue. I'm not sure what would cause it, I'm sorry. It's a hassle, but you could move your mod folder to your desktop and revalidate the game files through Steam, that might fix it but I have no experience with it.

Only other thing I can add is that the original post had a blunder; The link for the XML version was the wrong one and I couldn't edit it.

This is the right link: XML Only

4 hours ago, Evilspartan said:

Https://imgur.com/J7Z2M6F

It happens right when we place the turrets

Looks like a Unity issue, I noticed the sight cone was white instead of yellow. Try what I said above, it might be an issue with your game files. I'll check to see if it does the same on my vanilla save tomorrow. It doesn't look like any XML error, is that the sniper turret?

6 hours ago, Evilspartan said:

It happens with all 4 the m60 spams the error and it happened with two of us. Ill verify my files tonight and try 

I just tried it on a Vanilla save, it was working fine for me. The targeting cones were changed to a different off yellow color in A19.5. Is everybody on the same version of the game? that might be what caused the issue since the texture was changed, or maybe something didn't update correctly. 

If it's still an issue I'll ask around some for more help on what it could be

I could run some testing with @Evilspartan on the Tipsy Squatch Gaming server and duplicate this issue.

Since the Turret mod is built on Vanilla assets, it made sense to check the Vanilla assets first since the mod turrets are all extension blocks.

For good measure, we validated game files first for the dedicated server and client files.

Both Vanilla turrets are bringing up the 'Material doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex' red console warning and in the most extreme cases this can result in a NRE warning and force the client to log out and log back in again.

20210611141434_1.thumb.jpg.7fe516b032f3291a9760af6fb9a2114d.jpg

And naturally the extended mod turrets bring up the same warning.

I can confirm this is a Vanilla issue when just using the SMG or Shotgun Auto Turret. At the least we'll just have the red warning on placement. At the worst we'll receive an NRE.

20210611142953_1.thumb.jpg.bb1fcb15b4fc331a963621aec1a5aaa2.jpgI

Functional but unstable and potentially a client breaker.

20210611143131_1.thumb.jpg.58034c990272d02fde0b9142a5c86f68.jpg

I shall report it in the Bugs and hope it can be resolved soon so we can continue to enjoy A19 Almond's Turret Expanded Mod because it is actually brings a whole new level of defense to the server to match players' needs.

• 1 month later...

Hiya Almond.

I am getting the same warning about MainTex similar to the others when I set up the turrets. It does not interrupt the game but is there in the log, over and over.

Material doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex'
       (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Shaders/Material.cpp Line: 1371)

I am using the latest Sphere II mod which is the only place I can find a reference to _MainTex.

Not sure if that helps.

Any ideas on this yet?

thanks

V

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 2:17 AM, Father said:

loading up server notice xml error thought I would point it out to you 

wrn xml patch for "loot.xml" from mod "almonds turret mod" did not apply: <append xpath="/loot"

The error is still in there!!!!!

• 2 months later...
On 8/26/2021 at 1:41 AM, renejant said:

The error is still in there!!!!!

<Configs>
	<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='schematicsElectrical']">  <!-- Fixed by Katana the Olde Phart -->
		<item name="autoSniperTurretSchematic"/>
		<item name="autoHeavyTurretSchematic"/>
		<item name="autoMachineTurretSchematic"/>
		<item name="shotgunHeavyTurretSchematic"/>
	</append>
</Configs>

This fixes the "wrn xml patch for "loot.xml" bug, but I was just reading the history and saw the Maintex error posts. I don't know about that one.

The above is the entire contents of my modified loot.xml file. You should be able to fix yours by copy/pasting it and replacing the entire contents of the file.

Edited by oldeKatana (see edit history)