I think TFP should write a book on 7D2D’s development

ShellHead

(This is a repost from the steam forums, since I didn’t know this was the main forum at the time)

I’m 100% serious, 7DtD’s development process has dealt with pretty much every question a new game dev would have: if/how to do a Kickstarter, how to expand your game without massive scope drift, how to build a strong community, what the experience of years of ongoing development is like and why someone should or shouldn’t do it, and all the other bits and pieces the devs have picked up along the way.

It’d be a fascinating read and invaluable to new devs and very useful for experienced ones.

I know i’d grab a copy.

Do you realy think the pimps got time for that ?

They need to hire a Ghostwriter who collect all the pieces, made interviews and put them together into a book or a video (for all the youngster which didn't ever read a book outside the school).

Maybe some active member of the community from the beginning with some skill's into writing should do that. 🙂

He would get an invitation by the pimps together with some survival and weapon training from Joe ! 🙂

2 hours ago, Canute said:

They need to hire a Ghostwriter who collect all the pieces, made interviews and put them together into a book or a video (for all the youngster which didn't ever read a book outside the school).

Wrong genre, they would have to hire a Zombiewriter

There's going to be a chapter titled How to respond to disrespectful, entitled console version pricks who give you @%$# because you're a PC developer first and foremost and who think you owe them something.

The chapter will have one blank page and the next chapter will follow right after. 😉

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

I’m 100% serious, 7DtD’s development process has dealt with pretty much every question a new game dev would have: if/how to do a Kickstarter, how to expand your game without massive scope drift, how to build a strong community, what the experience of years of ongoing development is like and why someone should or shouldn’t do it, and all the other bits and pieces the devs have picked up along the way.

I would buy something like this, but only if they would make something digital-related, not just with texts and images, but also with explaining videos, with all the steps, which help them to develop game levels and implement different dev solutions.

I've seen a lot of great examples about game development from indie games' developer, on iLogos resource ( here: https://www.ilogos.biz/ ), with all the games they have made, and what exact solutions have helped them to improve gameplay in each game. It's pretty important to share an experience, especially if we talk about games and developing process, when you need to implement something new, like roleplaying features, new levels, etc.