Idea for Infected

TWORDY

T H E  I N F E C T E D

Current models might be reused in the process. The only differences in visual fidelity are represented in:

- dark eyes, glittering in the dark, or if the light source was pointed at them,

- pale, even more, rotten skin,

- dark blue veins, 

- dark scars and blood,

- slightly more used clothing,

- grey hair or almost completely bald head,

- in general Infected zombie brings horror,

---

This zombie might represent some sort of transition between feral and normal zombies. Don't call it EMO zombie or I swear...

Infected Zombie features compared to current zombies: 

---

- has got 25% less health than current zombies,

- possibility to dismember Infected by a player is 33% higher, 

- possibility to stun Infected by a player is higher by 15% when zombie charges at a player,

- infected deals 15% more damage when charges at the player,

- zombie has a 15% greater possibility to deal other types of injuries in charge mode,

- possibility to transfer the infection to a player is around 12% and gets progressively higher with any hit on the player.

In general infected can be killed easily but charges at a player in certain situations often too, transfers infection and is more lethal if enraged.

---

B E H A V I O U R

I will just oversimplify how I would see this.

- at the range of 4 to 6 metres and above the Infected turns slowly and stares at the prey (giving some unique sound) that would alert other infected in the area, then after 3 - 4 seconds runs towards the player,

- below the range of 6 to 4 metres or less the Infected almost always attacks instantly and charges at a player,

- basically movement and sound attract the Infected, the player in crouch/stealth mode may walk nearby Infected (that behaves as hibernated if not in wandering/walking/running/sprinting state) and would never react unless the player walks past or makes a noize.

---

I N F E C T I O N

How does the infection look like? Infection never kills a player itself, what causes is that a player is more prone to injuries and if the player's health is below 20% then actually may die instantly to any injury.

Visually player would have slightly narrower sight, rarely blurred vision, the player would hear strange noises/sounds and whispers when the disease progressed enough, the colours on the screen would fade away with the use of a filter, etc. Infection would help a player to locate other players (Idk how but might indicate players on the hud within a range of 100 metres). Infected would ignore already a sick player and never attack him if the disease reached over 25%.

So basically same models of present zombies might be modified slightly and some behaviour could have been changed too.

---

S T O R Y  B E H I N D

Infected could be patients zero that turned into Feral zombies.

Written while having a morning tea. Have a great day.

🌞

normal.gif

zobbieferal.gif