Jump to content

Console update


Wyatt
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a question when are you guys gonna update consoles because were on alpha 15 or 16 and pc is on 18 getting ready for 19,whats up with that consoles are being left in the dust while pc is having fun with better weapons, better graphics  and better mechanics plz when are consoles gonna be up to par with pc, because consoles are being left behind plz report 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a question about consoles when are they gonna get updated because we are being left behind, because pc is on 18 getting ready for 19 but you guys havent updated console in 3 or 2 years 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wyatt said:

I have a question about consoles when are they gonna get updated because we are being left behind, because pc is on 18 getting ready for 19 but you guys havent updated console in 3 or 2 years 

that stuff has been told 1000s of times

no, its due to money and publisher issues, it may come during the next gen on consoles but thats a maybe! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

that stuff has been told 1000s of times

no, its due to money and publisher issues, it may come during the next gen on consoles but thats a maybe! 

Ok but theying getting for alpha 19 whats up with that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you should ask in the console forum, this is a thread about a19 

but long story short (for what i know and remember) TFP sold the right for a console port to Telltale, Telltale stopped updating  and then went titty up, TFP after a legal fight win the rights backs(or buy back, don't remember), maybe after gold TFP could think of porting to console (emphasis on maybe)

updates were all responsibility of Telltale, not TFP

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Sakurambo said:

you should ask in the console forum, this is a thread about a19 

but long story short (for what i know and remember) TFP sold the right for a console port to Telltale, Telltale stopped updating  and then went titty up, TFP after a legal fight win the rights backs(or buy back, don't remember), maybe after gold TFP could think of porting to console (emphasis on maybe)

updates were all responsibility of Telltale, not TFP

I already asked tell tale and they said ask you guys 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

 

 

So we might not get updates on console at all 

It is impossible to update that version they won't allow broken saves. Best we can hope for is after we go gold on PC we can get it ported to the new consoles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wyatt said:

I already asked tell tale and they said ask you guys 

in an ideal world they should take responsibily for their action and explain to you why you cannot  get an update

but this is the real world, where noone is responsible for nothing, is always someone fault

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sakurambo said:

in an ideal world they should take responsibily for their action and explain to you why you cannot  get an update

but this is the real world, where noone is responsible for nothing, is always someone fault

To be fair, the TellTale Games publisher that released this on the console, doesn't exist anymore.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Sakurambo said:

in an ideal world they should take responsibily for their action and explain to you why you cannot  get an update

but this is the real world, where noone is responsible for nothing, is always someone fault

The people who bought the name "Telltale" in an auction are linked to "7 Days to Die" in about the same way as the company who rented the office suite of telltale after that company went bankrupt. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People need to be patient and have some faith. I play on console myself and I would love an update just as much as anyone else. I know it sucks but, you have to keep in mind that The Fun Pimps have to clean up the mess that Telltale Games left behind which takes time. And this is just common sense, but I highly doubt that The Fun Pimps would of spent money on getting back the publishing rights for console if they didn't care or didn't have plans for the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, II Blittz II said:

People need to be patient and have some faith. I play on console myself and I would love an update just as much as anyone else. I know it sucks but, you have to keep in mind that The Fun Pimps have to clean up the mess that Telltale Games left behind which takes time. And this is just common sense, but I highly doubt that The Fun Pimps would of spent money on getting back the publishing rights for console if they didn't care or didn't have plans for the future. 

"Clean up the mess" is about right. Just don't assume that there is any work being done on the console port at this time. AFAIK (and I don't have any inside knowledge, so just guessing from public information) the clean up is essentially waiting for the PC version to be finished, because only then

 

1) do they have a version that is stable enough to be ported to console without actually running multiple alphas on the console side (we've seen how well that worked with the telltale port, I don't think they'll ever do that again)

 

2) the time is right to hire a publisher/developer combo to do the port for some fixed price.  The alternative would be doing the licencing thing again, but that needs a willing publisher on the other side that (obviously) isn't available at the moment.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

So as we all know the current Console version of 7DTD is discontinued...

due to reasons we all know....

 

So with only a few small months until the new PlayStation 5 and Xbox makes an appearance on shelves around the world, one question is on our minds!!!

 

Will 7 Days To Die be released on the new consoles??? with a severely updated Alpha??? Possibly bringing us Console Lovers up to speed???

 


 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After knowing the desaster of the console release and TFP seeming not to have the power to maintain different platform releases, i doubt that a Next-Gen Console release will occur soon. Hopefully they learned from it and won't give another release out of their own hand.

Deal with it. TFP is a small company, they might be not able to care about different platforms. I can't play several games on PC, you may not play various games on console. "Exklusives" work on both sides. And especially in that regard there might be more "well known" exklusivs on consoles, but indeed there are far more exklusives on PC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...