Have we figured out what zombies are yet?

starscream

On 4/29/2021 at 7:18 AM, Urban Blackbear said:

I don't think I'm 100% up on the game lore for the zombies but I've always wondered how so many people became zombies if all it takes is honey and the occasional antibiotic. To me the zombies combined with the AI kind of gives the impression that the virus is an alien hive mind/colony sort of creature.

I could be COMPLETELY wrong here, but I thought that the infection mechanic was more like how you can get an infected wound IRL. If the zombie infection is a virus, antibiotics and honey would do absolutely nothing to stop it. A virus can only be killed by your immune system or bacteriophages. But an IRL infection can def be cured with antibiotics or honey. And it makes sense that a rotting corpse would give you an infection. Even a bite from a person who brushes their teeth will give you one.

The zombie outbreak in 7d2d must be some kind of Mutated Hivemind Virus (of Alien or Nuclear Origin) OR Demonic in Nature. The zombies are slightly intelligent. They will always go for the easiest path to you, and are able to get other zombies to gang up on you. The screamer even works specifically as a scout to track down the player and summon a horde. It is worth noting as well that the virus (or whatever it is) only targets carnivores. Humans, Dogs, Vultures, and Bears are all considered "viable" by the virus, yet herbivores are completely unaffected. Hogs, Snakes, and Cougars are also unaffected as well though. Possibly because they are obsolete? Dogs are faster and more deadly than a Hog. Snakes are too slow. Cougars, while strong enough to kill a single human, are completely outclassed by Grizzly Bears, which are strong enough to kill a group of humans and fast enough to catch even Usain Bolt.

I think it's possible that the virus is infecting with a purpose. To create the most effective soldiers to spread the disease around.

But you cant ignore blood moons. While they rarely happen irl, they happen every week or even more often in 7d2d. If that isn't demonic, idk what is. Also the behemoth looks like it came straight out of doom so theres that. I don't think the virus is alien because it would be easier to just invade. Although maybe they spread it just to test on humans, not to invade earth.

(yes i know technically bears and humans are omnivores, and even dogs are to some extent, but in general we eat a LOT of meat.)

Edited by TotallyNotABot (see edit history)

1 hour ago, TotallyNotABot said:

But you cant ignore blood moons. While they rarely happen irl,

Well, they do happen IRL, so they don't need to be demonic? And I'd bet an eyeball that it's not the moon that changes color IRL. Quite likely the atmosphere between us, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume some kind of massive pollutant clouds traveling the globe causing both the coloration and the zed rage.

1 hour ago, TotallyNotABot said:

I don't think the virus is alien because it would be easier to just invade.

Send in enough ground troops to wipe out the population, as in millions? Or send in one vial of viral matter in a pressurised bottle? DNA is practically software code, if you've learned to modify it well enough, you might be able to rewrite an ecosystem. Maybe to start producing some of the compounds your species needs, or just to wipe out the competition or.. whatever :)

4 hours ago, theFlu said:

And I'd bet an eyeball that it's not the moon that changes color IRL.

*puts red hot poker back in the fire* Alright, fine. You can keep your eyeball. For now.

The sun, of course, is a different story.

image.png.4668ab8c1ed8448e5985b9b1e404d52d.png

On 5/18/2021 at 4:54 AM, theFlu said:

Well, they do happen IRL, so they don't need to be demonic? And I'd bet an eyeball that it's not the moon that changes color IRL. Quite likely the atmosphere between us, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume some kind of massive pollutant clouds traveling the globe causing both the coloration and the zed rage.

Send in enough ground troops to wipe out the population, as in millions? Or send in one vial of viral matter in a pressurised bottle? DNA is practically software code, if you've learned to modify it well enough, you might be able to rewrite an ecosystem. Maybe to start producing some of the compounds your species needs, or just to wipe out the competition or.. whatever :)

yeah you’re right about the blood moon not actually being red itself IRL, although I’m pretty sure even in demonic games a blood moon doesn’t actually mean that the whole moon turned red. 

You’re idea with the whole rage cloud thing does make sense though. It also seems that every horde is accompanied by storm clouds so I can believe your theory.

as for aliens, I guess it’s impossible to really rule them out. But it seems pretty inefficient, considering how communities seem to stay intact still. Having multiple traders within a 8km area suggests that theres a lot of other survivors besides just the player and their friends. Also the military still sends in supplies via air drops. Almost as if the outbreak is local and has been contained in that area. But I guess no matter what you say, aliens always remain a possibility. Can’t really rule them out.

3 minutes ago, Maharin said:

Zombies are alien tourists that had their nuclear cameras backfire.  Not sure exactly how that happened or why their cameras were nuclear powered, but...  aliens!

Roadside picnic crossed with national lampoon’s vacation, certainly would be a new take on zombies

On 5/14/2021 at 5:53 AM, Maharin said:

Zombies are just the next step in evolution.  Zombies will look back on this transition and wonder how they ever survived as humans.

i think roland and madmole had something to do with it because they got tired of people asking about A20 XD

• 8 months later...

Ok, my idea is some demonic bull@%$#ery going on, here is why.

The Names

the names of some zombies are odd “departed”, “infested”, “plagued” and “infected”, meaning many things, infested means a parasite, infected mean disease, but departed and plagued are outliers, as they imply severed connection and heavily F##KED UP. And then there’s the “Burn Victims”,

as if some force came and attacked

the cosmetics

most of the “afflicted”, so to say, have rotting flesh or putrid, decomposed skin and all have BLACK GODS BE DANMED VEINS AND SHEITE, but some have stranger wounds, the putrid girl has the skin on her lower neck severed, and oddly, most zombies have near no bites, back to the girl, perhaps her neck was slit for a ritualistic thing, the burn victims will be mentioned later.

the “Mutations”

ok THIS is the part that takes the cake, the pure lack of discrimination that the affliction has, simply because it mutates

anything, EVEN BLOODY KIDS, but it seem like some are more so than others, let’s say, i don’t know, a cop, the have mutated to have more fat and spew acid (presumably of the stomach), like bloated walkers, they ate much pre-affliction, now they have more mass and are held back by it, then there’s the screamers, we can only assume for human nature that they screamed a ton P-A, therefore they have been “cursed” to scream eternally, and of course the burned ones, HOW THE HEL THESE THINGS STILL GOT FLESH? As we can only assume the affliction has been around a small bit, “so they would burn or starve, no?” NEIN, They can’t starve because they need no food, only to feel meat tear in their mouth, and the burn should be, Well, Burned right? No because “the burn” is a high power affliction.

The feral

even without feral zombies they get stronger out of daylight, and with it on they can smell yo ass through a wall of pure stainless steel at night as if the sun weakens them.

The Blood Red Night

it is even worse on blood moons, in history lunar (mainly full red) moon have been linked to the devil and @%$#, odd that they get STRONGER on “the forsaken nights” of all nights, no?

Churches

Ok this part is personal af because when I walked NEAR a church ground area I got swarmed quicker than a apartment complex, so they are very agitated near those!

Movement

As observed many times these creatures walk in a lot of ways but special zombies and that weird shirtless gray one look different, special ones walk more stability and strait, and the other one jogs sorta but the way it’s holding its head is odd, as it has something on, In or near its head, like the voice of the demons who possess them.

and finally, the border…

ok so the fact that all of nazegame is surrounded by a near instant kill environment, as if it’s been…

Cursed, almost…

so yeah my theory is that it’s possessive demons, that also explain glowybois, but yeah that it, goodbye fellow hunters!