Jump to content

Have we figured out what zombies are yet?


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Doc Saturn said:

I worked this out years ago. Sham is the root cause of the zombie apocalypse. Don't eat Sham.

 

 

ah, so you've seen the secret sham recipe have you? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ornias said:

They are former reddit users that were forced to move out of their parents basement.

 

Close, but its actually Twitter users.  Already brain dead, a weekend power outage caused global rioting and the rest is what we have today.

For any Twitter user here, it doesn't apply to you, cuz you is special!  F

 

You can stop a hoard temporarily by throwing them a mouse or a cell phone.*

 

*May or may not be fully tested.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aldranon said:

You can stop a hoard temporarily by throwing them a mouse or a cell phone.*

 

*May or may not be fully tested.

 

Except there are no mice or cell phones in this apocalypse.  :p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever the cause is, it has some powerful ju-ju because, sometimes, it can sure propel Big Mama and the rest of the chunky ones.

 

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Maharin said:

 

Except there are no mice or cell phones in this apocalypse.  :p

 

What?  Oh that's right, you only have the regular game version, not the "Fun Pimps like you more than other players", version.

 

Oh TFP like you, they just like you to be further away!  Over there... by the dumpsters.  😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

 

What?  Oh that's right, you only have the regular game version, not the "Fun Pimps like you more than other players", version.

 

Oh TFP like you, they just like you to be further away!  Over there... by the dumpsters.  😁

 

I get that everywhere I go.

  • Haha 1
  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Maharin said:

 

I get that everywhere I go.

 

Me too. The last time I went to a restaurant I asked for a table close to the kitchen. They put me in the alley. I tell ya, I get no respect. One time I checked into a hotel and asked for the same treatment they'd give their mothers. They locked me up in the basement.

 

rodney-dangerfield-ed-sullivan-perhaps.j

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maharin said:

I've even been rejected by dumpsters.  Well, I can't be certain but it was locked and completely rejected my advances.

So for you, lock picks are like alcohol...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Newspaper pages on the ground seem to point out to an aggressive strain of flu that decimated the population and most probably turned people into the walking corpses we now fight against. So if anything, the viral cause may be the main lead for zombification. Now, what's the origin of this strain? That remains to be seen. But so far, we clearly have classic, shambling zombies.

 

We still need to explain the origin of the special zombies, like the acid-spitting Cop, the Screamer and the super-zombie wraith or wight or whatever's the name (i dont remember rn). And also who puts the explosive charges on the Demos.

 

The Cop seems to be a mutation. So we could put this on effects of radioactivity. The Screamer seems to also have been affected in such way. Or we could also consider scientific experimentation on her (she's wearing a gown that's similar to those worn by people going to surgery room). The Wight seems to have developed super speed and fortitude from the radioactivity or is also a result of unorthodox experiements.

 

Nothing indicates a supernatural cause like necromancy, or anything related to some occult and esoteric forces. So i guess we would have to rule this out. Still, the way Blood Moons affect zombies is actually very strange and this doesnt seem to be natural...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maharin said:

I've even been rejected by dumpsters.  Well, I can't be certain but it was locked and completely rejected my advances.

 

I went into a restaurant and the waitress said: "No dogs allowed!"

I said, "Lady, I dont have a dog with me".

She said "No talking dogs allowed!"

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hope we can have a prequel game to this that explains things.  It will just be building and no need for shooting, initially, because if you shoot anyone the cops will arrest you, game over. No blood moons (until the cut scene occurs that explains them). Then you can live out the scenario that then leads to 7D2D. Of course, this will need to be a story driven mode, so we can get the full backstory and meet all the zeds before they were zeds. Traders will be just regular people who give you quests like “can you find my dog?” Or “help Rekt plant his flower bed”. But what to call it? “Quite a Few Days To Live?” “300 Days Until 7 Days to Die?”

 

of course, /s to all of this, but it would be kinda neat to have some of it occur in game of the game has NPC’s , etc and they turn to zeds. Or instead of air drops we had some that were bombs that literally leave big holes in the ground, showing that where you are they are still trying to eradicate the zeds.  With the new newspaper stand blocks, they could add a lot of “old news” content

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

I hope we can have a prequel game to this that explains things.  It will just be building and no need for shooting, initially, because if you shoot anyone the cops will arrest you, game over. No blood moons (until the cut scene occurs that explains them). Then you can live out the scenario that then leads to 7D2D. Of course, this will need to be a story driven mode, so we can get the full backstory. But what to call it? “Quite a Few Days To Live?” “300 Days Until 7 Days to Die?”

 

I have thought of a prequel where you have 7 hours before the news breaks of the Zombie apocalypse, as you hang up the phone the timer starts!

You have 5 levels of difficulty from being homeless to mega prepper.  Also various levels of free cash so you can modify your start with more food, ammo and maybe a gun.

 

The game would HAVE to be non-voxel as the numbers of zombies would be insane for quite some time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

 

I have thought of a prequel where you have 7 hours before the news breaks of the Zombie apocalypse, as you hang up the phone the timer starts!

You have 5 levels of difficulty from being homeless to mega prepper.  Also various levels of free cash so you can modify your start with more food, ammo and maybe a gun.

 

The game would HAVE to be non-voxel as the numbers of zombies would be insane for quite some time.

 

Like a 7DTD themed SKYHILL game?  :p

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Maharin said:

 

Like a 7DTD themed SKYHILL game?  :p

 

That's a pretty good example, although I basically copied the idea from the "Slow Burn" series by Bobby Adar, and just added that you have 7 hours before most people in your city know what's going on.  No point-and-click though, IMO they kinda suck.

 

So in the series, the "zombies" eat everything including the weak/dead zombies.  The stronger/smarter zombies remain over time, like in 7D2D.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

The game would HAVE to be non-voxel as the numbers of zombies would be insane for quite some time.

I wonder..... what if the map were super tiny, like limited to 1/2 or 1/4 of a normal city today, and it was just 1 biome, nothing fancy. 
 

few buildings.  Maybe even just a neighborhood setting (all small

pois).

 

would you be able to crank up the zeds?

 

of course, once “day 7 hits” you would have to have your character load into a new “large map”.  But then again, it might be super fun to fight the first horde on a small map before you end up naked and afraid with nothing on you. It might also enable you to have your “starting items” vary based on how you did on the first horde, NPcs you helped or did not help. Like, if you killed Rekt in the pre game, he wouldn’t be a trader in the post game. Maybe you would have some NPc special quests like “find your family” or something. Or if your pet dog survived then you have a pet on day 1.

 

maybe your character stats could be “locked in” a little based on how you did, as if your class was chosen for you. 
 

yeah, I know , all pie in the sky.... unless someone figures out how to take a character from 1 game and transfer it to another... then people could make mini games, custom maps/mods for stuff like this.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

I wonder..... what if the map were super tiny, like limited to 1/2 or 1/4 of a normal city today, and it was just 1 biome, nothing fancy. 
 

few buildings.  Maybe even just a neighborhood setting (all small

pois).

 

would you be able to crank up the zeds?

 

of course, once “day 7 hits” you would have to have your character load into a new “large map”.  But then again, it might be super fun to fight the first horde on a small map before you end up naked and afraid with nothing on you. It might also enable you to have your “starting items” vary based on how you did on the first horde, NPcs you helped or did not help. Like, if you killed Rekt in the pre game, he wouldn’t be a trader in the post game. Maybe you would have some NPc special quests like “find your family” or something. Or if your pet dog survived then you have a pet on day 1.

 

maybe your character stats could be “locked in” a little based on how you did, as if your class was chosen for you. 
 

yeah, I know , all pie in the sky.... unless someone figures out how to take a character from 1 game and transfer it to another... then people could make mini games, custom maps/mods for stuff like this.

 

I always try to imagine who my character was before I start the game.  The one game plot in the game that is a good guild is the note in your pocket.

Using that, the Duke thinks you're strong enough to survive with nothing and end up paying him more money soon.  But you're not so strong as to be a direct threat to him, otherwise you would be dead.

 

So instead of 4 points at the end of the first quest, I give 10 or even 20 points (depending how lazy I feel).  Using this method, you could easily recreate your prequel character into 7D2D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Newspaper pages on the ground seem to point out to an aggressive strain of flu that decimated the population and most probably turned people into the walking corpses we now fight against. So if anything, the viral cause may be the main lead for zombification. Now, what's the origin of this strain? That remains to be seen. But so far, we clearly have classic, shambling zombies.

 

We still need to explain the origin of the special zombies, like the acid-spitting Cop, the Screamer and the super-zombie wraith or wight or whatever's the name (i dont remember rn). And also who puts the explosive charges on the Demos.

 

The Cop seems to be a mutation. So we could put this on effects of radioactivity. The Screamer seems to also have been affected in such way. Or we could also consider scientific experimentation on her (she's wearing a gown that's similar to those worn by people going to surgery room). The Wight seems to have developed super speed and fortitude from the radioactivity or is also a result of unorthodox experiements.

 

Nothing indicates a supernatural cause like necromancy, or anything related to some occult and esoteric forces. So i guess we would have to rule this out. Still, the way Blood Moons affect zombies is actually very strange and this doesnt seem to be natural...

 

In the middle ages viruses, epidemics and even chance was explained by the supernatural, witches, the devil, religion... Because the scientific explanation was far out of reach

 

The times they are a changing and science and the supernatural has switched places

 

Nowadays science is the explanation for everything and no scientist or journalist in his right senses would attribute Covid to a witch.

Any supernatural epidemic would be explained by a scientific theory, missing pieces relegated to further research. Naturally the zombie plague must have been caused by a virus or radioactive mutation, whatever theory fits the facts better at the moment.

 

😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, meganoth said:

Nowadays science is the explanation for everything and no scientist or journalist in his right senses would attribute Covid to a witch.

 

Those tricky witches! That misdirection curse they cast at society about 100 years ago is still working.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Roland said:

 

Those tricky witches! That misdirection curse they cast at society about 100 years ago is still working.

 

I'm just glad we all don't have to ride around on brooms.  Though... some of us do...

 

China Cheap Ride On Power Snow Broom Manufacturers - Best ...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was puzzled that the game was based in Arizona or New Mexico region. I would have thought it would have been Florida and the zombies were just the evolution (or devolution) of an average Floridian. Heck there was even a news story about a guy in Florida attacking people and chewing on their faces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Star69 said:

I was puzzled that the game was based in Arizona or New Mexico region. I would have thought it would have been Florida and the zombies were just the evolution (or devolution) of an average Floridian. Heck there was even a news story about a guy in Florida attacking people and chewing on their faces.

 

And there we have it.  The zombie apocalypse will be brought on by bath salts.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

My assumption was always Alien Virus that humans mutated by trying to nuke the aliens (hence the radiation and wasteland biomes).

AKA - We made it worse cos monke brain.

But for DF, I went with Demonic Possession/Control. Hence why they are dead, can still move and can also bleed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...