vehicle idea that's better than a vehicle mounted machine gun.

AndrewT

Well a jeep with a mounted M60 will be nice but it would also be cool if we had a full blown Tank, and this tank can only be acquired by completing high tier trader quests and is a 4 seater(one seat for the turret) and the tank can obviously shoot its cannon to destroy building for various reasons and this tank can smash through rubble such as cinder blocks and scrap metal in the wasteland as well as being able to smash through walls of certain materials. and this tank will come with a new type of ammo (tank shells). I came up with this idea because im tired of rubble stopping me dead in my tracks im sure many other players are also tired of it too. Also this tank instantly kills all zombies it runs over.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 9:18 AM, AndrewT said:

Well a jeep with a mounted M60 will be nice but it would also be cool if we had a full blown Tank, and this tank can only be acquired by completing high tier trader quests and is a 4 seater(one seat for the turret) and the tank can obviously shoot its cannon to destroy building for various reasons and this tank can smash through rubble such as cinder blocks and scrap metal in the wasteland as well as being able to smash through walls of certain materials. and this tank will come with a new type of ammo (tank shells). I came up with this idea because im tired of rubble stopping me dead in my tracks im sure many other players are also tired of it too. Also this tank instantly kills all zombies it runs over.

I have the same idea as you, just making a vehicle MOD, which is more difficult for me. I wonder if you can make it. We can do this idea together!

15 hours ago, JACKT said:

I have the same idea as you, just making a vehicle MOD, which is more difficult for me. I wonder if you can make it. We can do this idea together!

I would love to work with someone on making this vehicle but unfortunately im not good at modding as i have never done any form of modding apart from editing codes in mods i downloaded. 

Although i did mention to the creator of this mod that a tank (modeled after the MAUS) that can smash through blocks and structures would be cool. Let me know if you have any further questions. If you or anyone else knows where and how i can make mods let me know.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:36 PM, AndrewT said:

I would love to work with someone on making this vehicle but unfortunately im not good at modding as i have never done any form of modding apart from editing codes in mods i downloaded. 

Although i did mention to the creator of this mod that a tank (modeled after the MAUS) that can smash through blocks and structures would be cool. Let me know if you have any further questions. If you or anyone else knows where and how i can make mods let me know.

Idea is good but there is problem with balance : 4x4 with MG can be too much overpower on blood moon.  Tanks is even worst idea : there is problem with engine  so you can for example mining using a bike. If you drive into bulding it can crash a game and destroy save. It is much diffrent that BF5 of Cod war .  In 7dtd you can get lagged when you decide to blow up 2-3 floor bulding. When you drive into in with tank for engine it will be like blow up a skyscraper. And more and problems like : ballance , driving system , working with collisions etc. So it will be dev hell , it will be waste of time and not give a big chance to work good. Moders can working on this because they spend their free time and it is their choose. For TFP time is money. So - add a second model for 4X4 or minibike? easy no problem bro. Tank? Nope.  Making a game is like math : 2+2 = x is easy . But sin2x +3 ctg2x +4 = 2^sinx2 is hard right? 

On 4/27/2021 at 9:18 AM, AndrewT said:

I successfully replaced the model, but there was a problem when I placed it on the ground.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:18 PM, AndrewT said:

idk about that. the game is pretty good in vehicles but more types would be nice!

like a Sudan (it would have wheels like a Dune buggy and can seat 2 people. (can have 3 with a mod), and it sounds like a Muscle car moving the perfect car For riding in the dunes and doing ramps or Races! (if your into that sort of thing)

4X4 TLC. adds 1 extra seat in the back so the person can look over the truck bed to act as a gunner but they are very Vulnerable
Van: the perfect Wasteland car, Lead lined so no rads to cook you. can hold 3x more then 4X4 and can Hold 6 people! but there is no room for shooting sense its lead lined so.. but you got some spikes and wedge! 

Some extra mods!
Gyro Glider mod: turns the gyro heli Blades into Glider wings. Less speed but can uses less gas sense you uses gravity to glide yourself! but if you do need some air, the propeller can help! 

Motarbike 4X4 mod.  adds 2 wheels like a ATV! Better off road travel, more cargo space, less speed.  

Car Boat mod. lightens the car or 4X4 so it can float in the water with plastic barrels! and a Old boat engine. Moves pretty fast on land and a OK speed in the water. but the car has Less Wight, HP and can hold less gas. 

(Can add to gyro or Glider gyro to float and take off on the water!)

18 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

idk about that. the game is pretty good in vehicles but more types would be nice!

like a Sudan (it would have wheels like a Dune buggy and can seat 2 people. (can have 3 with a mod), and it sounds like a Muscle car moving the perfect car For riding in the dunes and doing ramps or Races! (if your into that sort of thing)

4X4 TLC. adds 1 extra seat in the back so the person can look over the truck bed to act as a gunner but they are very Vulnerable
Van: the perfect Wasteland car, Lead lined so no rads to cook you. can hold 3x more then 4X4 and can Hold 6 people! but there is no room for shooting sense its lead lined so.. but you got some spikes and wedge! 

Some extra mods!
Gyro Glider mod: turns the gyro heli Blades into Glider wings. Less speed but can uses less gas sense you uses gravity to glide yourself! but if you do need some air, the propeller can help! 

Motarbike 4X4 mod.  adds 2 wheels like a ATV! Better off road travel, more cargo space, less speed.  

Car Boat mod. lightens the car or 4X4 so it can float in the water with plastic barrels! and a Old boat engine. Moves pretty fast on land and a OK speed in the water. but the car has Less Wight, HP and can hold less gas. 

(Can add to gyro or Glider gyro to float and take off on the water!)

Well car boat can change this in schwimwagen XD well some people have a ww2 stuff so...  motorbike can work this way too.

Well technical can looks rly like typical East XD

On 4/27/2021 at 2:18 AM, AndrewT said:

Personally, I don`t think that heavily armored vehicles should ever be a part of the 7DTD game simply because game development after breaching certain thresholds might possibly end up with submarines and orbital space station equipped with rods of gods (although any idea might be good food for thought in regards of spin-off series, etc but not the current one please boss 😄). A lightly armored truck with M60 and some tools to fight off zeds (perhaps flamethrower, front chained, spiked bumper, and so on) is always a fun concept (brings Carmageddons good old times). The complexity of such an endeavor is a tough and rough process. Smashing vehicles through walls would require again amazing physics that must take into consideration at least the mass of the vehicle, velocity, and some sort of momentum in which the object strikes the integral structure of the building itself...

2 hours ago, TWORDY said:

Personally, I don`t think that heavily armored vehicles should ever be a part of the 7DTD game simply because game development after breaching certain thresholds might possibly end up with submarines and orbital space station equipped with rods of gods (although any idea might be good food for thought in regards of spin-off series, etc but not the current one please boss 😄). A lightly armored truck with M60 and some tools to fight off zeds (perhaps flamethrower, front chained, spiked bumper, and so on) is always a fun concept (brings Carmageddons good old times). The complexity of such an endeavor is a tough and rough process. Smashing vehicles through walls would require again amazing physics that must take into consideration at least the mass of the vehicle, velocity, and some sort of momentum in which the object strikes the integral structure of the building itself...

Well it can work to be a lot of heavily armord vehicles but only broken like tanks, apc,  hammers but more like  only props and storage. But working types?  maybe a hammer only and that will be enough