How to edit a files property?

I'm trying to make it so you can see all the enemies spawn in a quests POI no matter how many enemies you kill. So far this is what i have and it does nothing.

<prefab>

<append>
<setattribute xpath="/factory_lg_01/prefab/property[@name='ShowQuestClearCount']" name="value">30</setattribute>

</append>
</prefab>

Edited by Darklegend222 (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I may be off and I sure I am but wouldn't that just affect the factory_lg_01 poi and not all quest pois?

That is entirely correct, I'm starting with making a singular POI work, then I will work on others. However, I can't make this one work for some reason. I've been watching tutorials but everyone is doing stuff like "faster forge smelting" or changing all the properties of items with a single line which isn't what im trying to do.

1 hour ago, Darklegend222 said:

I'm trying to make it so you can see all the enemies spawn in a quests POI no matter how many enemies you kill. So far this is what i have and it does nothing.

<prefab>

<append>
<setattribute xpath="/factory_lg_01/prefab/property[@name='ShowQuestClearCount']" name="value">30</setattribute>

</append>
</prefab>

Just for the fun of it, try changing setattribute xpath to just set xpath. I have very limited experience and may have misunderstood, but recall this reduced prompt is appropriate for amending existing properties instead of giving something it never had. I'm sure the regulars will wake up soon enough or take a break from their own bits to check in. :)

You can't edit them with xpath like that as far as I know. You can either edit each vanilla POI individually, or copy all the prefab xml files into a modlet, as I believe that mean they would override the vanilla ones. Not 100% sure on that though. But then you can edit them and not worry about game updates resetting your changes. Would be fairly easy with something like N++ as you could open all of them at once and do a mass search and replace on the ShowQuestClearCount line.

1 minute ago, bdubyah said:

You can't edit them with xpath like that as far as I know. You can either edit each vanilla POI individually, or copy all the prefab xml files into a modlet, as I believe that mean they would override the vanilla ones. Not 100% sure on that though. But then you can edit them and not worry about game updates resetting your changes. Would be fairly easy with something like N++ as you could open all of them at once and do a mass search and replace on the ShowQuestClearCount line.

I was afraid of having to copy and paste all the vanilla lines, I do use N++ thankfully so I appreciate the help!