It's about time the devs show you where all the zombies need to die.

Darklegend222

27 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Which POI was this at?  I checked store_grocery_02 and didn't see any crawlers at the entrace and/or any dogs.

Aren't the sleepers just random picks from a list - entitygroups.xml / "sleeperHordeStageGS1" et co. So, random mobs for random reloads?

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

Aren't the sleepers just random picks from a list - entitygroups.xml / "sleeperHordeStageGS1" et co. So, random mobs for random reloads?

Crawlers and dogs have very specific sleeper blocks different from the generic one.

8 hours ago, Roland said:

I guess I always assumed that the commands existed to assist the testers and developers and not as gameplay options. I don't really consider having using console commands autofail quests as going down a rabbit hole. I'm not saying to completely disable "killall" after all. I'm just saying make it so if you use it during a quest, the quest fails. But...if I'm wrong about the purpose of console commands and why they are part of the game then so be it.

The "D" in DM is for Debug, which supports your argument.

...if you can't handle the difficulty of a level 5 quest, then it's a balancing or personal skill issue.

Oh and as an alternative, use LE instead of Killall, which will give you the coordinates of the entities.

16 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Crawlers and dogs have very specific sleeper blocks different from the generic one.

Huh. I know there are specific dogs in places, and I wouldn't be surprised about crawlers, but the sleeper groups contain "zombieSteveCrawler" at least.

Spoiler

<entitygroup name="sleeperHordeStageGS1"><entity name="zombieJoe"/><entity name="zombieBusinessMan"/><entity name="zombieYo"/><entity name="zombieSteveCrawler" prob="0.5"/><entity name="zombieDarlene"/><entity name="zombieMarlene"/><entity name="zombieArlene"/><entity name="zombieJanitor"/><entity name="zombieCheerleader"/><entity name="zombieBoe"/><entity name="zombieNurse"/></entitygroup>

And the "The dogs above the freezer" reminded me of this (timestamped link to youtube):

Spoiler

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

You can clear a t5 on 1 hour days if you focus on actually clearing the POI, it really is not to hard.  I also find this a rather strange comment made here anyway, the quests are not locked to a timetable.  You can take as long as you want.  Night clearing a T5 is really not all that different from clearing it during the day in later stages anyway, most of them are feral.  

With some basic strategy, night clearing ends up being exactly the same as clearing it during the day.  

I don't find it all that difficult to find the last zeds either - it does show you where they are.  Worst case scenario, go to the roof, get right over the point and dig straight down.

Aside from a known issue a few alphas ago where the last zed simply would not spawn and the occasional vulture finding them is not all that tough.  I would say that while vulture spawns should stay, they should not count to killing all the zeds, the do fly away sometimes and force you to fail the quest.  It is not prevalent enough to care all that much though.