Is it possible to run game with only 1 gig of video ram

kiLerZOMBIE876

24 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Since some people already complain about it running on 3GB cards... i'd tend to: No.

I'd also be interested in what videocard with just 1GB you use, but think it's enough for 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645. It's just a realy old pc and I wanted to see if I could make do and play it on there while I'm building a better one

The game is not fully optimized yet, and even people with high-end rigs can experience considerable performance fluctuations.

Before my 8gb RX 580, i had a 4gb RX 460 and i could barely go above medium settings to have a decent time on the game, and many other settings were on low or even turned off. Now its better of course, i maintain 50-70 fps with better settings, but i still get a roller coaster of fluctuations from time to time, particularly during Blood Moons.

So look at this and compare with a weak 1gb card. Take in account that the game will inevitably get more demanding as Alphas keep getting released. In other words : get a much better GPU.

Possible, yes. Enjoyable, not as much. You're going to struggle to get 30FPS. Especially if the rest of your hardware is as old as that GPU.

The minimum required hardware states 2GB vram.  If you go back to some older versions before a16, you can have a little bit better experience.

when i first started playing 7dtd i had this critter https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-GeFoRCe-VCGGT610-SDRAM-Express/dp/B08X1922V6/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=gt+610&qid=1619130733&s=electronics&sr=1-10

would it run... well yeah... would it run good graphics.... yeah.... could i play and enjoy it..... NO, i had to stay behind everyone because if i seen 2 zombies i was down to a slower crawl.... when i became a tester.. i upgraded to the 750 ti... world of difference.... now i have rtx 2080 ti (no plans for higher because of shortages, bots buying everything and the price gougers)

to enjoy the game... i think most (not all) but most would probably lean towards a gtx 1060 or better.. oh and my starter computer had 2gb ram, now at 64g and ryzen 7 2700x. :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

The game is not fully optimized yet, and even people with high-end rigs can experience considerable performance fluctuations.

Before my 8gb RX 580, i had a 4gb RX 460 and i could barely go above medium settings to have a decent time on the game, and many other settings were on low or even turned off. Now its better of course, i maintain 50-70 fps with better settings, but i still get a roller coaster of fluctuations from time to time, particularly during Blood Moons.

So look at this and compare with a weak 1gb card. Take in account that the game will inevitably get more demanding as Alphas keep getting released. In other words : get a much better GPU.

The pc is like 10 years old and the graphics card was the only thing that failed the test. I think it would be a better investment to build a new one

2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

when i first started playing 7dtd i had this critter https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-GeFoRCe-VCGGT610-SDRAM-Express/dp/B08X1922V6/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=gt+610&qid=1619130733&s=electronics&sr=1-10

would it run... well yeah... would it run good graphics.... yeah.... could i play and enjoy it..... NO, i had to stay behind everyone because if i seen 2 zombies i was down to a slower crawl.... when i became a tester.. i upgraded to the 750 ti... world of difference.... now i have rtx 2080 ti (no plans for higher because of shortages, bots buying everything and the price gougers)

to enjoy the game... i think most (not all) but most would probably lean towards a gtx 1060 or better.. oh and my starter computer had 2gb ram, now at 64g and ryzen 7 2700x. :)

Yea thanks a lot man I think I'm gonna get it from steam and see if its playable if not return it. My current pc it super old so I might have to make due.

58 minutes ago, kiLerZOMBIE876 said:

The pc is like 10 years old and the graphics card was the only thing that failed the test. I think it would be a better investment to build a new one

That’s what i did.  Same situation as you but I think  I had a slightly better video card.

10 hours ago, kiLerZOMBIE876 said:

All the other specs match up I just dont have 2 gigs of dedicated video card. Will it be possible for me to play on low settings?

yes you can just keep all the settings as low as possible as i can play 7days on the same pc specs you have :)