EAC on steamos

poohl4d

Okay, a couple of things.

1. EAC is not blocked on Linux. The only issues in that regard I could think of is if you're using Wine. Since 7 Days has a native Linux client, that shouldn't be an issue.

2. If you have EAC turned off, you will be unable to join any server that has it enabled.

More information on exactly what you've got going on there would be useful in troubleshooting.

5 hours ago, poohl4d said:

I know 7 has a native linux build, but where Microsoft ones eac there's no build for linux or mac anymore.

You can turn on eac in the game launcher. When you start the game from steam it automatically asks you whether it should launch the game directly or the launcher.

I know how to turn eac on and off. The problem is with it on or off unless it's single player I get eac.dll error.

I know 7 has a native linux build, but where Microsoft ones eac there's no build for linux or mac anymore.

EAC doesn't work with wine/proton. So if you run any windows game under linux with wine/proton that requires EAC, it will not work.

I haven't tried the native linux client with eac, since i only play on private servers with friends, where we usually disable eac anyway.

What do you mean by "microsoft ones"?

The native client implements eac on his own, or it doesn't. There is no connection to any microsoft stuff.

Ok, I think I figured out the issue, at least for me. I had 19.4 in an alternate location because I had a different alpha installed by steam.

When I set Steam to load 19.4 it worked fine. So I guess EAC doesn't like to work outside of the steam folders. (In Linux)

On 4/21/2021 at 3:54 PM, poohl4d said:

I know that eac is blocked on linux and I have it turned off.

Not blocked in Linux, see log.

Output Log:

https://pastebin.com/wjQ1a6N2

And, if you don't read logs, that one shows me successfully connecting to a public EAC server using a Linux machine.