Problem adding POIs in world, disappearing edits

Hi all, not sure this is the correct forum for this question. I've recently been building a large set of POIs (available in the prefabs forum) and had in mind adding them to a new world as a single town using the world editor. I have watched and read several tutorials around doing this, but have been experiencing a problem. When I make edits to a newly generated world, for example clearing an area, or placing a POI, the changes I make are undone once I move a certain distance within the world away from my edits. If I place POI using dynamic prefabs for example, then move away to place another prefab, the first placed prefab will disappear in part or in full depending on how far away I move. When I move back to the area I placed the first prefab it is gone.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Should I not be using the world editor to do this? I have been using totally new worlds as several resources advised to. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Download Notepad++ and always keep the prefabs.xml for the map you are working in open. Save after every change you make and be sure to restart as often as possible. Every time you hit the save button, notepad++ will ask you to verify change. Best way to make sure settings are being saved. I make worlds constantly,and theres no way I could do it without doing this way.