Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Blake_

Blake_

I AGREE with the current system.... but liking it ? like really liking it ?

I voted NO. Because if we are talking about possibilities, then there are ways to make a Zd system that does one or more of these things:

A-Changes clothing colour of Zd entitities at random within a limit.

B- Swaps heads, and/or animations (or even speeds and sizes) within a limit.

"A" is easier to do than "B", as it would be cool for non- important Zds to be varied and randomized at least in clothing colour. but in reality I can ignore all this in favour of the current system: deterministic clones + clones with special abilities that generate good gameplay if not much "realism" or immersion (clones cause boredom to a degree).

For special infected I would only recommend  "A" or just leaving them as they are. Sure, "B" can be done, but it gets inconsistent.

There's also a reason why the current system is in : dev time. Arguably a laughable excuse because a randomized character system working on normal Zds would be faster to do that 2 years modelling unique entities and result in way more variations for the same dev time. But a complex system generates more bugs.... does it not? Nope. About the same in comparison and it gets lighning fast after a few models get in.

I wouldn't tolerate deterministic npc faces though. That would decrease fun quite a bit.

Blake_

Blake_

I voted NO. Because if we are talking about possibilities, then there are ways to make a Zd system that does one or more of these things:

"A" is easier to do than "B", as it would be cool for non- important Zds to be varied and randomized at least in clothing colour. but in reality I can ignore all this in favour of the current system: deterministic clones + clones with special abilities that generate good gameplay if not much "realism" or immersion (clones cause boredom to a degree).

To special infected I would only recommend "A". Sure, "B" can be done, but it gets inconsistent.

There's also a reason why the current system is in : dev time. Arguably a laughable excuse because a randomized character system working on normal Zds would be faster to do that 2 years modelling unique entities and result in way more variations for the same dev time. But a complex system generates more bugs.... does it not? Nope. About the same in comparison and it gets lighning fast after a few models get in.

I wouldn't tolerate deterministic npc faces though. That would decrease fun quite a bit.

Blake_

Blake_