What do you think about making the "advanced" block rotation the default?

Survager

I am an ordinary player and I noticed that when building my base, in 90% of cases, I choose the "advanced" rotation option for a block whose shape differs from a simple cube. I would like to ask the community how you are doing?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. When building a base, how often do you choose to rotate the block "advanced" mode?

• Very often I choose the advanced version of block rotation. It needs to be made the default.
    • The default rotation option is fine for me in most cases.

I chose option two because I don't feel like it needs to be changed to default even though I do use the advanced rotation more often than the basic rotation whenever I intend to rotate. But that's the thing.... Often, I hit the wrong mouse button when intending to place a block as is and rotate it instead. With the simple rotation being default I can quickly rotate it back to the way I want. If the advanced rotation was default it would be a royal pain. Maybe it's just me though...

Besides...the option I MOST often choose is "Copy rotation" :)

57 minutes ago, Roland said:

I chose option two because I don't feel like it needs to be changed to default even though I do use the advanced rotation more often than the basic rotation whenever I intend to rotate. But that's the thing.... Often, I hit the wrong mouse button when intending to place a block as is and rotate it instead. With the simple rotation being default I can quickly rotate it back to the way I want. If the advanced rotation was default it would be a royal pain. Maybe it's just me though...

You may not know, but now the blocks can be rotated in different directions) To rotate the block one step back, you need to press "R" 😉

Edited by Survager (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Roland said:

it didnt need to be changed to what is nwo to begin with it was fin as it was in A15

I chose two; having it default to advanced wouldn't help me. Most of my building is done in simple, and tend I use "on face" more than advanced - that alone often allows me to make "all the corners" with one go.

Most importantly, if I'm trying to build myself out of a fishy combat situation, having the "simple" for hatches and ramps is a lifesaver.. while that might be very rare, eh, I'd like to keep it as is.

Wouldn't mind being able to manually set the default, that could be optimal, but also quite a bit of work.

18 hours ago, Roland said:

Copy rotation is what I used most times too. Because of the bars which I usually place around the edge of my base for shooting down through.. What I would love is some way to copy the block I am looking at. For instance if I have frames I cold just look at a ramp and hold R, copy block and then I can place ramps. Or when building a roof and I need to add an inner corner block. Instead of going in and searching for the block I could just look at it, hold R and click copy block and then have the basic inner corner roof block. Being able to copy any block that way would be awesome, at least to me.

9 hours ago, Gamida said:

What I would love is some way to copy the block I am looking at.

That does exist; but only for identical blocks (cobblestone to cobblestone, wood frame to wood frame). I hope that once they get all the shapes done for all the blocks, they'll be able to add it across block-types. No idea if they're actually planning to, but I'm hopeful .. :)

14 hours ago, theFlu said:

That does exist; but only for identical blocks (cobblestone to cobblestone, wood frame to wood frame). I hope that once they get all the shapes done for all the blocks, they'll be able to add it across block-types. No idea if they're actually planning to, but I'm hopeful .. :)

A20 is supposed to bring standardized block shapes to all materials (or close enough, I'd guess).  So hopefully they will also improve the toolset to match.