Prefabs for blocks (specifically plants)

Hi everyone! I'm working on adding more recipes to the FarmLife mod (have successfully added like 30 new recipes), but I would like to go even more in-depth with further developing the mod. Specifically, by adding more plants and trees for more fruits, vegetables, spices etc, but I have no knowledge or experience on how to make these in Blender/Unity, how to export them properly from there, and then import them into the mod folder and, most likely, how to write up the appropriate xml lines for new models. 

Does anyone know if there's a tutorial for this somewhere (I've looked and I can't find a newer one that goes through the whole process), or would anyone be able to help me figure this out? 

Much appreciated :)

I've figured out how to add brand-new crops (fruits, veggies, more spices and herbs) but I still have to piggyback off of the existing models - blackberries are now harvested along with the raspberries, kiwis from the avocado tree, and so on.. Ideally they'll each get their own crop-block, but I still need help figuring out how to make them and import them. 

2 minutes ago, pipermac said:

Hey,  just to let you know that I am currently rebuilding the farmlife mod.  Farm life revisited.   If your interested in joining the development of it let me know.   Are you working on the farm life mod or the farm life expanded?

Hi! I'm adding more stuff to the FarmLife Expanded (by Phredd). I did take a look at your current revisited version and tried it out, but I decided to stay with the current version that I have as it's more developed (for now, at least, you're doing great work! ;) )

I wouldn't mind collaborating with you on further developing it! My "specialty" (aka all I've figured out how to do on my own so far, lmbo) is adding new food/crop items and recipes. Over the past 2 days, I've added the following list of items to the FarmLife Expanded mod that me and my friends use;

Rum + Licorice Rum 

3 types of Romkugler (sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, coconut) (a type of dessert popular here)

9 different Food Dye colors (for more interesting baking combos)

Chocolate Batter and Dessert Creme (for cakes, donuts and muffins!)

Chocolate Sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles

Grated coconut (for one of the romkuglers :') )

A Kinder Milk Slice (by popular request from one of the players in my server)

Salted + Buttered popcorn

Sliced Watermelon + Honey Melon

Powdered Sugar and Vanilla Sugar

Chocolate drops (for making chocolatey desserts)

Blueberry muffin

Chocolate Glazed Donut

Chocolate Muffin

Creme Filled Donut

Normal Donut

Melted Chocolate

Basic Muffin

Peach Muffin

Pink Glazed Donut

Plum Filled Donut

Plum Muffin

Strawberry Filled Donut

Strawberry Jam

Rasperry Jam

Plum Jam

Cherry Jam

And more crops/spices piggybacking off the already-existing crop blocks from the mod; e.g. kiwis are gotten from the Avocado trees, blackberries from the raspberry lattices, etc. 

Apricot 

Asparagus 

Cardamom 

Cauliflower 

Cayenne Pepper 

Curry Powder 

Eggplant 

Grapefruit

Honey Melon

Kale

Kiwi

Mango

Nutmeg

Paprika

Peach

Peas (wanted fresh, not the canned ones)

Peppermint

Plum

Pomegranate

Sesame Seeds

Starfruit

Stripped Corn (for pieces of corn instead of using whole corn cobs for stuff)

Vanilla roots

Watermelon

I also added Raw Shrimp (harvested along with the Salmon from the Salmon Ponds) and a recipe of Fried Shrimp - this was the first experiment I made. Along with a more simplified fried egg recipe.

I've got like 20 new recipes to work on tomorrow, too; I'm doing a bit of a Bakers/Sweets pack right now :)

Further developed?  Kind of... Lol.. My original plan was to do more of what you are doing.... But the more I got into the code the more I realized it was a mess,  phredd realized that too as he stated it was a proof of concept.   There is a lot that needs to actually be fixed in the mod.  I am surprised you want to add crops and recipes...... I personally think there is too many 😁

Just now, pipermac said:

Further developed?  Kind of... Lol.. My original plan was to do more of what you are doing.... But the more I got into the code the more I realized it was a mess,  phredd realized that too as he stated it was a proof of concept.   There is a lot that needs to actually be fixed in the mod.  I am surprised you want to add crops and recipes...... I personally think there is too many 😁

Haha I love the gathering, farming and cooking aspect of it as much as the rest of it - we built a huge farm with orchards and rows upon rows of plants for farming, even got the livestock going (mainly the cows, pigs and chickens).  I can't add in new prefabs to save my life though, I've never figured out how, so I'm piggybacking off the existing ones at the moment.