Municipal Building

This is a big WIP. It's official, I've lost my mind. I've been wanting to do a municipal, or combo local/state/federal government skyscraper building for a while. Thus I have begun this 12 story (including basements) skyscraper. It will be divided into zones for local, state and federal offices. I'm going to try and use unpainted blocks where possible and not too many complex shapes to keep the memory usage low given the size, while still making it fully dungeonized like all my other prefabs. This will take a while so I may take breaks and do other, smaller prefabs in between.

spacer.png

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Deverezieaux said:

This is a big WIP. It's official, I've lost my mind. I've been wanting to do a municipal, or combo local/state/federal government skyscraper building for a while. Thus I have begun this 12 story (including basements) skyscraper. It will be divided into zones for local, state and federal offices. I'm going to try and use unpainted blocks where possible and not too many complex shapes to keep the memory usage low given the size, while still making it fully dungeonized like all my other prefabs. This will take a while so I may take breaks and do other, smaller prefabs in between.

spacer.png

Brilliant idea 🙂 Good luck and again looks great 🙂

11 minutes ago, Deverezieaux said:

It's coming together much faster than I thought. I'd welcome suggestions for things to include on some of the floors, keeping in mind the government theme.

spacer.png

spacer.png

A data server room maybe being govt.

A small library 

Maybe  a files room also. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Deverezieaux said:

It's coming together much faster than I thought. I'd welcome suggestions for things to include on some of the floors, keeping in mind the government theme.

Court room with supporting rooms (clerks, etc)

Licensing offices (inspectors, etc)

City utility offices, etc

Public meeting spaces

Voting clerk Offices, etc

Mayor's office with supporting staff

Not sure if you already thought of these

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions gang. So far I've got two courts, a DMV, cafe, data center, boiler room, storage, and am working on legal offices for the courts. I will be doing executive offices, a department of health, and I'm thinking of making one area a holding center. I particularly like the utility office idea and I'll have to think about how to set that up. I've been taking some time to make each of the floors taller.

Edited by Deverezieaux (see edit history)
  • Like 1