Deep Cuts perk - Bleeding Wounds, how does it work?

Weazelsun

I've decided to start testing this perk because to me it doesn't really seem to work or it maybe it does and I'm just interpreting the way the perk description in another way. So the Deep Cuts perk states:

Level 1: "Blades deal 5% and can inflict up to 3 Bleeding Wounds on enemy, power attack inflicts 2. Every attack refreshes bleeding duration. Bleeding enemies run 10% slower."

Level 2: " "Blades deal 10% and can inflict up to 4 Bleeding Wounds on enemy, power attack inflicts 3."

Level 3: " "Blades deal 15% and can inflict up to 5 Bleeding Wounds on enemy, power attack inflicts 4. Glancing blows have 40% chance to cause 1 Bleeding Wound. Bleeding enemies run 15% slower"

Level 4: " "Blades deal 20% and can inflict up to 6 Bleeding Wounds on enemy, power attack inflicts 4. Glancing blows have 70% chance to cause 1 Bleeding Wound."

Level 5: "Blades deal 25% and can inflict up to 7 Bleeding Wounds on enemy, power attack inflicts 5. All glancing blows cause 1 Bleeding Wound. Bleeding enemies run 20% slower"

Emphasis on Bleeding Wounds. Now I did test out the Deep Cuts perk in a modded version that shows the HP of zombies and buffs/ debuffs that have been applied to them. Each and every time I've done a power attack. Regardless, of perk level it always seems to only apply 1 Stack of bleeding and not the actual amount as described in the perk. So either the perk is not actually applying what I interpret or the perk is indeed working. It's just a limitation of the way it's implemented in-game. 

The number of bleeding wounds might just be the amount of damage taken per tick while bleeding.  So instead of more wounds it is really a greater wound.  This is my guess, I know I can tell a difference with more wounds applied, especially when you play on a higher difficulty.

Instead of testing it with a mod, just go into god mode and you will see the hp bar for any zombie you are looking at. Then you can easily see the dps happening from bleed and the waters aren't getting muddied with any mods. Yeah, yeah...the mod may not affect anything blah blah blah but nobody on the QA team will take your test seriously if you have mods installed. So use the simple debug mode and keep it vanilla.