KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

Hey, running into an issue with a custom POI list that (from what I've been told) was working on previous versions. POI list here: https://pastebin.com/LhfpEt1s

KingGen output when using this POI list with any trader settings besides "none"

Generating heightmap.
Generating biomes.
Generating cities.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "city.py", line 206, in random_poi
  File "rrlist.py", line 25, in get_random
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "crash_log.py", line 19, in handle_crash_log
  File "gui_generation.py", line 27, in generate
  File "ntime.py", line 11, in ntime
  File "world.py", line 1258, in run
  File "world.py", line 267, in generate
  File "world.py", line 534, in init_cities
  File "world.py", line 629, in gen_cities
  File "hub_factory.py", line 31, in gen_random_city
  File "hub_factory.py", line 62, in gen_random_hub
  File "city.py", line 47, in __init__
  File "city.py", line 62, in generate
  File "city.py", line 257, in populate_grid
  File "city.py", line 208, in random_poi
Exception: No traders POIs found.

I'm assuming this is because the POI list doesn't include any of the default trader POIs (they're all replaced with mod-specific versions). Is there a way to mark a POI as a trader POI in the POI list currently? If not, it'd be nice to be able to do so, as the only option currently is to set traders to "none" and let them generate as normal POIs. This has downsides of course, both in the fact that you might get a lot of traders generated (as opposed to one per city/town) and that you can't identify traders on the preview map because they're just blended in with other normal POIs.

3 minutes ago, bgottfried91 said:

Hey, running into an issue with a custom POI list that (from what I've been told) was working on previous versions. POI list here: https://pastebin.com/LhfpEt1s

KingGen output when using this POI list with any trader settings besides "none"

Generating heightmap.
Generating biomes.
Generating cities.
  File "city.py", line 206, in random_poi

File "city.py", line 47, in __init__
  File "city.py", line 62, in generate
  File "city.py", line 257, in populate_grid
  File "city.py", line 208, in random_poi
Exception: No traders POIs found.

I'm assuming this is because the POI list doesn't include any of the default trader POIs (they're all replaced with mod-specific versions). Is there a way to mark a POI as a trader POI in the POI list currently? If not, it'd be nice to be able to do so, as the only option currently is to set traders to "none" and let them generate as normal POIs. This has downsides of course, both in the fact that you might get a lot of traders generated (as opposed to one per city/town) and that you can't identify traders on the preview map because they're just blended in with other normal POIs.

A POI is considered a trader by KG if the word "trader" is in the name of the POI.

28 minutes ago, KingSlayerGM said:

A POI is considered a trader by KG if the word "trader" is in the name of the POI.

Hmm, is it case sensitive? These POIs are in that list and still result in the error:

wotw_Settlement_TraderBob1,41,31,46,-5,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderHugh1,45,28,49,-8,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderJen1,43,28,42,-5,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderJoel1,35,36,37,-5,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderRekt1,37,28,38,-5,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderSnow1,41,25,38,-5,0,snow,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,

7 minutes ago, bgottfried91 said:

Hmm, is it case sensitive? These POIs are in that list and still result in the error:

wotw_Settlement_TraderBob1,41,31,46,-5,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderHugh1,45,28,49,-8,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderJen1,43,28,42,-5,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderJoel1,35,36,37,-5,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderRekt1,37,28,38,-5,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,
wotw_Settlement_TraderSnow1,41,25,38,-5,0,snow,city,residentialnew/residentialold,,

It is case sensitive, but I will make it insensitive. I am gonna release a an update tonight

Edited by KingSlayerGM (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, KingSlayerGM said:

Thanks for the report

I made a mistake in my earlier reply, I corrected it

Yup, that's what I figured. For anyone who's playing WoTW and wants to use this prefab list created by Dwallion , see the discussion here: https://discord.com/channels/368052267208671243/368052267770970113/871784025650515988. The Class Store prefab doesn't have `trader` in the name, so even once KingSlayer has updated KingGen to no longer be case-sensitive, we'll need to at least update the name of the Class Store POI to include `trader` for it to be picked up by KingGen as a trader option.

18 hours ago, KingSlayerGM said:

I don't like this solution because it requires 2 files just to control water. It is redundant to me and other users might find it confusing.

Fair enough. The net effect certainly is doable with the tools available now.

On the custom zoning - thank you SO MUCH for for turning my already-days-long project to map an IRL location into a many-more-days-long project because obviously now I must accurately map out the various cities & towns, using Google Street View as a reference. JERK! 😉

But srsly, nice work.

2 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Fair enough. The net effect certainly is doable with the tools available now.

On the custom zoning - thank you SO MUCH for for turning my already-days-long project to map an IRL location into a many-more-days-long project because obviously now I must accurately map out the various cities & towns, using Google Street View as a reference. JERK! 😉

But srsly, nice work.

What the project? which area are you mapping?

Just now, KingSlayerGM said:

What the project? which area are you mapping?

For my first-ever attempt at creating a custom map, I'm doing an area around Pocatello, Idaho, USA. My co-op playing partner is from around there and I hope to surprise him as we uncover the map. "Hey Bob, doesn't that lake look familiar?"

Luckily, it's a fairly rural area mostly, so really just a city/town/village overlay will probably be good enough. But maybe for his hometown I actually will scout out the neighborhoods a bit and try to zone accordingly. The interstates and state highways will be there using a custom splat, so if the intersection of highway X and interstate Y is an industrial zone IRL, would be nice to make sure it's industrial in game.

50 minutes ago, Boidster said:

For my first-ever attempt at creating a custom map, I'm doing an area around Pocatello, Idaho, USA. My co-op playing partner is from around there and I hope to surprise him as we uncover the map. "Hey Bob, doesn't that lake look familiar?"

Luckily, it's a fairly rural area mostly, so really just a city/town/village overlay will probably be good enough. But maybe for his hometown I actually will scout out the neighborhoods a bit and try to zone accordingly. The interstates and state highways will be there using a custom splat, so if the intersection of highway X and interstate Y is an industrial zone IRL, would be nice to make sure it's industrial in game.

Sounds interesting. Def stop by my discord when you start prefab hunting.

Just downloaded the latest version and I'm getting the following error message:

File "city.py", line 221, in random_poi

File "city.py", line 46, in __init__
  File "city.py", line 61, in generate
  File "city.py", line 265, in populate_grid
  File "city.py", line 232, in random_poi
Exception: No POIs found for wasteland, city, downtown

I'm using the compopack 47 list, and I've just validated Steam files.

4 minutes ago, sonicdeathmnkey said:

Just downloaded the latest version and I'm getting the following error message:

File "city.py", line 221, in random_poi

File "city.py", line 46, in __init__
  File "city.py", line 61, in generate
  File "city.py", line 265, in populate_grid
  File "city.py", line 232, in random_poi
Exception: No POIs found for wasteland, city, downtown

I'm using the compopack 47 list, and I've just validated Steam files.

Did you download the updated prefab list for CP47?

Edited by cammel (see edit history)

Absolutely loving KingGen and KingSlayerGM's continued amazing work on it however when it comes to the custom zoning I seem to be doing something very wrong and I can't seem to figure out what exactly....

Keep getting the following error whenever I try to use a custom zoning map I made:

"TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'tuple'

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "world.py", line 530, in init_cities
  File "world.py", line 513, in load_zoning_map
ValueError: setting an array element with a sequence."

Very likely something completely obvious that I'm not doing but after tinkering with various options in both KingGen and GIMP for the last couple hours as well as ensuring all my prefabs are up to date and my prefab list as well I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong exactly.....

2 hours ago, StinkieNinji said:

Absolutely loving KingGen and KingSlayerGM's continued amazing work on it however when it comes to the custom zoning I seem to be doing something very wrong and I can't seem to figure out what exactly....

Keep getting the following error whenever I try to use a custom zoning map I made:

"TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'tuple'

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "world.py", line 530, in init_cities
  File "world.py", line 513, in load_zoning_map
ValueError: setting an array element with a sequence."

Very likely something completely obvious that I'm not doing but after tinkering with various options in both KingGen and GIMP for the last couple hours as well as ensuring all my prefabs are up to date and my prefab list as well I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong exactly.....

It's a bug in KG. I am gonna realease a fix today.

6 hours ago, AmethystLainey said:

Can anyone here help me figure out what is going on with my WOTW list 

I am following in the discord too have renamed the prefab files for all traders and such like it says and updated it on my list im using as well but still no dice 

I could really use some help plz and ty

Can I see the list you have so far? Which error are you getting from KG?

39 minutes ago, AmethystLainey said:

I solved the problem but what I wanna know with the Traders Both Vanilla and MOdded is there a way to be sure to get 1 of each at a minimum? other then keep on genning maps

Add the tag "required" to the poi in the poi list.

Another solution is to gen a large map, so there is more chance for them to spawn :)