Jump to content

KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die


KingSlayerGM

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, KingSlayerGM said:

This is intended behavior. I keep making new maps and I want to overwrite the old ones. I don't want several folders laying around.

 

Perhaps a checkbox toggle then? I keep making maps and I want to compare the new to the old. Or I can just change the name, but then I have multiple folder name roots for the same seed instead of keeping them to a single root name for the same seed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GlassDeviant said:

 

Perhaps a checkbox toggle then? I keep making maps and I want to compare the new to the old. Or I can just change the name, but then I have multiple folder name roots for the same seed instead of keeping them to a single root name for the same seed.

 

The root name has to change in any case, since you cannot have 2 folders with the same name. Also, is there a specific reason why you are using the seed? If you leave it empty KG will use a random one each time.

Edited by KingSlayerGM (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KingSlayerGM said:

The root name has to change in any case, since you cannot have 2 folders with the same name. Also, is there a specific reason why you are using the seed? If you leave it empty KG will use a random one each time.

 

Experimenting. It's also the seed I use most of the time for most games that have seeded random map generation, although I use others or random seeds as well. It depends what I am trying to do. Right now I am seeing the differences in city layouts for multiple maps of multiple sizes using the same seed, as I noticed a tendency to cluster buildings of the same type in the same area of each city (though different for each city). I'd prefer cities that "mix it up" a bit more, but not if it's going to be a big pile of work for you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I noticed since the latest version of kinggen, that the heights of the POI's seem to be varied. IE some are 1 block out of the ground with a small lip, others are floating entirely off the ground(this is the bad part)  when a player activates the poi and zombies spawn the entire POI often collapses.  We tried an experiment on a quest and regenerated the POI and the same result the POI collapsed again.  The maps were all created with a custom heightmap, citymap, and biome image.  I played with city height to see if that made a difference(nope).   I used Darkness falls POI list Kaine provided for Kingen generator.   Any idea how to fix this?

 

settings

  _  ___              _____
 | |/ (_)            / ____|
 | ' / _ _ __   __ _| |  __  ___ _ __
 |  < | | '_ \ / _` | | |_ |/ _ \ '_ \
 | . \| | | | | (_| | |__| |  __/ | | |
 |_|\_\_|_| |_|\__, |\_____|\___|_| |_|
                __/ |
               |___/
v0.11.1 - A19.5
7 Days to Die Random World Generator
Find out more at https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/23988-kinggen-a-random-world-generator-for-7-days-to-die/

SETTINGS:
biomes_map=C:/Users/Hallr/Desktop/Kinggen/yorCbiome8192.png
border_size=medium
border_type=water
burnt_size=medium
cities_grid_size=medium
cities_level=60
cities_map=C:/Users/Hallr/Desktop/Kinggen/yorCcity8192.png
cities_number=medium
cities_size=medium
default_biome=pine forest
default_biome_tools=pine forest
desert_size=medium
heightmap=C:/Users/Hallr/Desktop/Kinggen/yorCheight8192.png
heightmap_smoothing=large
mountains_size=medium
multiple_generations=1
name=KingGenWorld
pois_list=C:/Users/Hallr/Desktop/Kinggen/PreFDFYor
pois_number=medium
size=8
skip_preview=false
snow_level=
snow_size=medium
spacing=medium
spawn_points=medium
terrain_roughness=medium
towns_grid_size=medium
towns_number=medium
towns_size=medium
traders_location=cities
traders_number=increased
villages_grid_size=medium
villages_number=medium
villages_size=medium
waste_size=medium
water_level=43
water_size=medium

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Roy02 said:

Hi, I noticed since the latest version of kinggen, that the heights of the POI's seem to be varied. IE some are 1 block out of the ground with a small lip, others are floating entirely off the ground(this is the bad part)  when a player activates the poi and zombies spawn the entire POI often collapses.  We tried an experiment on a quest and regenerated the POI and the same result the POI collapsed again.  The maps were all created with a custom heightmap, citymap, and biome image.  I played with city height to see if that made a difference(nope).   I used Darkness falls POI list Kaine provided for Kingen generator.   Any idea how to fix this?

 

settings

  _  ___              _____
 | |/ (_)            / ____|
 | ' / _ _ __   __ _| |  __  ___ _ __
 |  < | | '_ \ / _` | | |_ |/ _ \ '_ \
 | . \| | | | | (_| | |__| |  __/ | | |
 |_|\_\_|_| |_|\__, |\_____|\___|_| |_|
                __/ |
               |___/
v0.11.1 - A19.5
7 Days to Die Random World Generator
Find out more at https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/23988-kinggen-a-random-world-generator-for-7-days-to-die/

SETTINGS:
biomes_map=C:/Users/Hallr/Desktop/Kinggen/yorCbiome8192.png
border_size=medium
border_type=water
burnt_size=medium
cities_grid_size=medium
cities_level=60
cities_map=C:/Users/Hallr/Desktop/Kinggen/yorCcity8192.png
cities_number=medium
cities_size=medium
default_biome=pine forest
default_biome_tools=pine forest
desert_size=medium
heightmap=C:/Users/Hallr/Desktop/Kinggen/yorCheight8192.png
heightmap_smoothing=large
mountains_size=medium
multiple_generations=1
name=KingGenWorld
pois_list=C:/Users/Hallr/Desktop/Kinggen/PreFDFYor
pois_number=medium
size=8
skip_preview=false
snow_level=
snow_size=medium
spacing=medium
spawn_points=medium
terrain_roughness=medium
towns_grid_size=medium
towns_number=medium
towns_size=medium
traders_location=cities
traders_number=increased
villages_grid_size=medium
villages_number=medium
villages_size=medium
waste_size=medium
water_level=43
water_size=medium

The issue you describe seems to be caused by a mismatch between the poilist and the installed pois. This happens when people update one but not the other. Try with a fresh installation of DF and with a new poi list.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GlassDeviant said:

A couple of minor points from a first time user:

1) KingGen always opens maximized, at least for me. Not a big deal, but a minor annoyance especially for large screen users.

2) KingGen does not observe "dark mode" settings. For a user who is using dark mode, a brilliant, white window suddenly filling the entire screen is bordering on painful to sensitive, old eyes.

 

That's all for now, besides thanks for picking up the ball that was dropped with NitroGen.

 

Im experimenting with dark mode

ajRd3KO.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are KingGen maps (random maps in general?) compatible with overhaul mods? I was messing around with War of the Walkers with a KingGen map and the WOTW modded traders weren't spawned in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Further on floating POI's.

So I wiped Darkness falls and reinstalled from a fresh download.  I used Kinggen poi-list creator to generate a brand new list of POI's.   Created the map, and everything is raised 1 block. so ground level POI's are floating, when someone enters or zombies are spawned they instantly collapse.   So far I have changed the height map to 3 different background levels,  I have used several generated POI lists,  completely wiped the Dfalls directory and redownloaded Dfalls, and did manual installation.  I re-downloaded the latest Kinggen also(was same on I had though)    Every building is still 1 block raised, this only seems to happen on the latest version of king gen, I wiped the old copy I'll try and see if I can find an old backup and test that again.  If anyone has any trouble shooting ideas let me know what to try next.(my next test will be just the cp files not Dfalls)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok just tested this using just cp poi list( cp47, tested with vanilla and DF builds same result.    I used a custom height map could that be a factor.  Not sure what to test to narrow this down.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Roy02 said:

ok just tested this using just cp poi list( cp47, tested with vanilla and DF builds same result.    I used a custom height map could that be a factor.  Not sure what to test to narrow this down.

 

Have you tried generating it without adjusting the heightmap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok just tested this using just cp poi list( cp47, tested with vanilla and DF builds same result.    I used a custom height map could that be a factor.  Not sure what to test to narrow this down.  I also tested it with just using vanilla poi setting not generated pois list.

 

 

I will try without a heightmap next

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With no selected heightmap the effect was much less prevalent but the spiral library was 3 blocks higher than ground level, most were normal.  I took some screenshots if you wanted me to send those.  I will try to figure out more tests in the morning

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Roy02 said:

ok just tested this using just cp poi list( cp47, tested with vanilla and DF builds same result.    I used a custom height map could that be a factor.  Not sure what to test to narrow this down.  I also tested it with just using vanilla poi setting not generated pois list.

 

 

I will try without a heightmap next

 

Start small dude.

 

Use df - df list and df prefabs. 

 

Or use cp - cplist and the prefabs provided 

 

Df has their own prefabs specific for their overhaul. They also use some cp prefabs which they may vary from the cps  so using one list and prefabs from another may result in bad Map gens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snackiz said:

Since 0.11.1 is not working, is there a way to download the previous, working version until the issue is fixed?

Check your pm's.. I've sent you the older version.

pj

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Start small dude.

 

Use df - df list and df prefabs. 

 

Or use cp - cplist and the prefabs provided 

 

Df has their own prefabs specific for their overhaul. They also use some cp prefabs which they may vary from the cps  so using one list and prefabs from another may result in bad Map gens.

I did that,  I tested only DF prefabs(generated from the mod POI's),  only CP prefabs,  Vanilla Prefabs,  Tested all 3 of those with Vanilla game and DF mod game. I totally wiped DF mod install and reinstalled that and tested again.    All those test were bad using a custom height map.  Last night I tried no custom height map using CP with vanilla game and first thing I found was the Spiral library 3 blocks higher than normal, the majority of the rest of the POI's were good but it was late so did not do a good check.
plan for todays test;   download all new CP POI's, download a different (working height map.  

Question, is there a link to current POI lists and current POI's so I do not mix them up or should I keep using the tool to generate the lists?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roy02 said:

I did that,  I tested only DF prefabs(generated from the mod POI's),  only CP prefabs,  Vanilla Prefabs,  Tested all 3 of those with Vanilla game and DF mod game. I totally wiped DF mod install and reinstalled that and tested again.    All those test were bad using a custom height map.  Last night I tried no custom height map using CP with vanilla game and first thing I found was the Spiral library 3 blocks higher than normal, the majority of the rest of the POI's were good but it was late so did not do a good check.
plan for todays test;   download all new CP POI's, download a different (working height map.  

Question, is there a link to current POI lists and current POI's so I do not mix them up or should I keep using the tool to generate the lists?

 

You can use one list and combine another list.  But you also need both lists pois in the game prefab folder.

 

 But concentrate on getting one to work first before trying to add others. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DJQuad said:

Are KingGen maps (random maps in general?) compatible with overhaul mods? I was messing around with War of the Walkers with a KingGen map and the WOTW modded traders weren't spawned in. 

 

Does anyone know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2021 at 8:40 AM, Father said:

ummm that's downloading from my server to client 

increase your servers setting for the players available bandwidth (helps a lot for decreasing map download times)... I set mine to a conservative 1Mbits a second which is 2 or 4x default settings... You could try setting it to 2048 (2 Mbits) and see how it goes

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok so far only 2 tests this morning will continue but I generated the POI list from the freshly downloaded DF installation.  
Created a new height map using gimp,  used the Kinggen tool to make 2 maps.
First map using custom height map and the POI generated list from fresh install (from the darkness falls 
2nd map i generated with no custom height map and the POI generated list from fresh install (from the darkness falls 
all other settings remain the same.
Results:  Both maps had floating POI's the Custom height map's variation was more pronounced almost every POI was off the Y? axis, the default map generation most of the POI's seemed good but still an abundance of floating POI's

Every test has been using the current loaded POI's and the tools poi list generation or the default vanilla POI setting on the tool, I try to only change one variable only each test.  Fresh downloads so far include Darkness fall mods(erased and manually installed,  King gen fresh download couple of times.  So far I have not changed any of the prefab folders these are where I generate the lists from(in the case of Dfalls I grab the prefabs from the mod directory version 0darknessfallscore/prefabs)  Originally my tests were from downloaded lists from good sources, same results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Cpt Krunch said:

 

Hey Cpt Krunch, you have quoted me twice now but I didn't say anything you are quoting. Figure it out dude. I'd appreciate not being quoted for something I never said.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...