KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

~/Downloads$ ./KingGen 
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
KingGen: xcb_io.c:260: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I got this on Ubuntu 21.04. Is there source code available for this tool?

58 minutes ago, BigBrick said:

~/Downloads$ ./KingGen 
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
KingGen: xcb_io.c:260: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I got this on Ubuntu 21.04. Is there source code available for this tool?

Thanks for reporting. I will try to investigate. Which version of python is in your system?

The source code is not available

39 minutes ago, Tallman Brad said:

Here's a preview of a UK map I'm still working on. But might be fun for someone to play with as it is. Bare in mind you won't get the biomes as they are in the preview, Just the height map.

Thank you for sharing! It's a very nice map :)

This is the first mod for 7days I've tried that was easy to install and use. I had a game up and running in less that five minutes by just watching the tutorial. Great work!

Just one question: If I want to host some friends to play on my KingGen map using your custom POIs, will they need to install the custom POI files for them to be able to see and interact with the POIs?

Hi, I'am working on some custom maps and  trying to setup specific prefabs to spawn in certain areas.  I'am trying to figure out the format of the kinggen prefab list but need a little help.   In this line "pine_forest/snow/desert,town/city,residential"  what is the difference between the (/) and (,).

Thanks,

13 minutes ago, Grinch843 said:

Hi, I'am working on some custom maps and  trying to setup specific prefabs to spawn in certain areas.  I'am trying to figure out the format of the kinggen prefab list but need a little help.   In this line "pine_forest/snow/desert,town/city,residential"  what is the difference between the (/) and (,).

Thanks,

, separates properties

/ separates values of the same property

The properties in you example are: allowed biomes, allowed township and zoning. Each of them can have multiple values, separated by a /.

I was trying to use Kinggen to make a map for the latest War of the walkers mod. I have some height issues with vanilla pois (could've been more, not sure). Places like Water Works, Shotgun Messiah factory and a graveyard were raised way up. Many others were ok though. How would I go about addressing this? Thanks for the great software!

6 hours ago, WickesGuru said:

I was trying to use Kinggen to make a map for the latest War of the walkers mod. I have some height issues with vanilla pois (could've been more, not sure). Places like Water Works, Shotgun Messiah factory and a graveyard were raised way up. Many others were ok though. How would I go about addressing this? Thanks for the great software!

Hi, could you send screenshots?

8 hours ago, WickesGuru said:

This is likely an issue with the -y offset setting in the prefab's xml. More than likely you are using an old WOTW list if heights are off.

Ping me on my Discord channel and I can probably find you a valid list.

https://discord.gg/tsmneMRk53

King this would be a case for the debugging we were talking about yesterday if no updated list were available.