Jump to content

KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die


KingSlayerGM

Recommended Posts

On 6/23/2021 at 10:01 PM, Cpt Krunch said:

Devils Island

is this 8k?

I am guessing based on the size of the city layout.

@KingSlayerGM

thanks so much for the per city type grid size. this opens up lots of options.

It is possible to do a 24k map? I have tried to do it in gimp and the lag makes it unbearbale to work with, but I really want to achieve large cities with significant dead zones between them and slow natural moutains. 24k feels like the right size. 

What is the highest you have rendered?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi KingGen team,

 

I am using your tool with the Compo Pack and want to report a little bug I have encountered. I am not absolutely sure if its related to the CP as also vanilla prefabs are affected but with NitroGen I have not encountered any issue like that.

 

The bug is: lootable containers have a visible, but walk-through-able block placed in the middle of themselves. Well, this is purely an aesthetic problem but sometimes it mixes meshes of prefabs as well so that ""visible but "walk-through-able""" blocks are placed in front of doors so you still can enter the building but will become very surprised by zombies. And you will have a hard time exploring as every wall could potentially contain the door to the next room. The last time I had it with the Butcher Petes vanilla prefab.

Spoiler

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

Just wanted to let you know guys. Keep up the great work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BadAssHeigl said:

Hi KingGen team,

 

I am using your tool with the Compo Pack and want to report a little bug I have encountered. I am not absolutely sure if its related to the CP as also vanilla prefabs are affected but with NitroGen I have not encountered any issue like that.

 

The bug is: lootable containers have a visible, but walk-through-able block placed in the middle of themselves. Well, this is purely an aesthetic problem but sometimes it mixes meshes of prefabs as well so that ""visible but "walk-through-able""" blocks are placed in front of doors so you still can enter the building but will become very surprised by zombies. And you will have a hard time exploring as every wall could potentially contain the door to the next room. The last time I had it with the Butcher Petes vanilla prefab.

  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

Just wanted to let you know guys. Keep up the great work!

Hi, thank you for reporting. I am fairly sure this has nothing to do with KG. It might be a CP issue. I recommend deleting all prefabs, checking game files with steam and reinstalling the CP. Make sure to use the CP version for KG.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

That's really a vanilla issue. Mods and custom POIs seem to make it worse though.

 

A quick reload of the game usually fixes it.

Also turning off any option in the video settings to do with reflections will help as the reflections code has not been worked on for a long time and is legacy code.

 

Make sure drivers and gpu been updated does help to. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BadAssHeigl said:

Hi KingGen team,

 

I am using your tool with the Compo Pack and want to report a little bug I have encountered. I am not absolutely sure if its related to the CP as also vanilla prefabs are affected but with NitroGen I have not encountered any issue like that.

 

The bug is: lootable containers have a visible, but walk-through-able block placed in the middle of themselves. Well, this is purely an aesthetic problem but sometimes it mixes meshes of prefabs as well so that ""visible but "walk-through-able""" blocks are placed in front of doors so you still can enter the building but will become very surprised by zombies. And you will have a hard time exploring as every wall could potentially contain the door to the next room. The last time I had it with the Butcher Petes vanilla prefab.

  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

Just wanted to let you know guys. Keep up the great work!

 

I Can confirm .. That is an Old Vanilla Issue and I used to get it all the time .. 

I was talking with Roland of TFP and he said to turn OFF the " Occlusion " in the game video setting and it did work for me as a work around. This was mainly for the popping in and out on items and container effect after setting turrets (SMG and Shotgun) ... BUT it also has helped with the marbling effect of blocks. .."SO Far"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

 

thanks for all the help. Haven't had this issue with RWG or Nitro Maps so I thought it had to do anything with KingGen. Sorry for bothering you in here.

 

- I reloaded twice and still had the issue present. Obviously just bad luck.

- Will turn off reflections and occlusion - thanks for the advise.

- I used the CP version of KG - thanks for the integration as both Mods are very popular!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BadAssHeigl said:

Hi Guys,

 

thanks for all the help. Haven't had this issue with RWG or Nitro Maps so I thought it had to do anything with KingGen. Sorry for bothering you in here.

 

- I reloaded twice and still had the issue present. Obviously just bad luck.

- Will turn off reflections and occlusion - thanks for the advise.

- I used the CP version of KG - thanks for the integration as both Mods are very popular!

 

Sorry guys ..

There is one more option on the marbling block I Forgot to say .. Hit F1, brings up the command window and type .... ( pois ) .... without the ( ) and hit enter .. that will also get ready of those blocks, but it also will mess up the distance viewing.              Just after thought. 

Take Care and be safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 10:27 AM, KingSlayerGM said:

The cumminity heightmap download feature is ready for its first release :)
I still want to try to improve generation of roads though. I think I can release KG11 tomorrow night :)

 

@scallipus what's the optimal water level for the hm you submitted? It doesn't see to be the default 43...

nice cant wait to see it released today! been dying for some rivers lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Version 0.11.0 released!

Here is what's new:

  • Fixed error with CLI on Windows
  • Fixed bug with preview generator and water level
  • Fixed bug with roads
  • Added coordinates to preview
  • Added poi names to preview
  • Updated vanilla poi list to A19.5
  • Added crash log to tools
  • Added rgb heightmap support
  • Added community heightmaps download button
  • Preview now appears in editor after beign generated from tool
  • Improved road generation (still work in progress, however large worlds, like 16K, should be faster to generate now)
  • Added option to load pre generated world into editor
Edited by KingSlayerGM (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good day .. KingSlayerGM

 

I think we have an issue .. 

First picture should be settings and second picture is what I got .. world fold was put into Gen folder .. but I don't want to try and run it in Game.

 

Until I get the all clear .. First time I ran KingGen .. all I got was error report ( so I uninstalled and re-installed, thinking maybe bad download)

Desktop Screenshot 2021.06.27 - 18.19.34.89 (2).png

Desktop Screenshot 2021.06.27 - 18.22.33.22 (2).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was running a 16k custom map I made yesterday and made several versions 0.10 and 0.11 tells me my pixel count is over limit even though my pixel count is the square root of a 16k map

"Generating heightmap.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "crash_log.py", line 19, in handle_crash_log
  File "gui_generation.py", line 27, in generate
  File "ntime.py", line 11, in ntime
  File "world.py", line 1187, in run
  File "world.py", line 227, in generate
  File "world.py", line 905, in init_heightmap
  File "world.py", line 921, in load_heightmap
  File "PIL\Image.py", line 2953, in open
  File "PIL\Image.py", line 2940, in _open_core
  File "PIL\Image.py", line 2849, in _decompression_bomb_check
PIL.Image.DecompressionBombError: Image size (268435456 pixels) exceeds limit of 178956970 pixels, could be decompression bomb DOS attack."

268435456 pixels in a 16k map
178956970 pixels limit is a 13,377.4 a side map

any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day .. KingSlayerGM

 

I think we have an issue .. 

First picture should be settings and second picture is what I got .. world fold was put into Gen folder .. but I don't want to try and run it in Game.

 

Until I get the all clear .. First time I ran KingGen .. all I got was error report ( so I uninstalled and re-installed, thinking maybe bad download)

Thanks for reporting I am going to check whats wrong.

1 hour ago, warmer said:

I was running a 16k custom map I made yesterday and made several versions 0.10 and 0.11 tells me my pixel count is over limit even though my pixel count is the square root of a 16k map

"Generating heightmap.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "crash_log.py", line 19, in handle_crash_log
  File "gui_generation.py", line 27, in generate
  File "ntime.py", line 11, in ntime
  File "world.py", line 1187, in run
  File "world.py", line 227, in generate
  File "world.py", line 905, in init_heightmap
  File "world.py", line 921, in load_heightmap
  File "PIL\Image.py", line 2953, in open
  File "PIL\Image.py", line 2940, in _open_core
  File "PIL\Image.py", line 2849, in _decompression_bomb_check
PIL.Image.DecompressionBombError: Image size (268435456 pixels) exceeds limit of 178956970 pixels, could be decompression bomb DOS attack."

268435456 pixels in a 16k map
178956970 pixels limit is a 13,377.4 a side map

any ideas?

yes, there is a limit in pixel size when loading an image. Normally I told KG to ignore the limit but in one part of the code I forgot. I am gonna fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, KingSlayerGM said:

Thanks for reporting I am going to check whats wrong.

yes, there is a limit in pixel size when loading an image. Normally I told KG to ignore the limit but in one part of the code I forgot. I am gonna fix it.

I think its already done mine is generating with pixel limits  just fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello
I wanted to use your software, but it is infected.

spacer.png
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/551bad43d86949e20f2f789524d2d117dcf6da5395f552ab1f4faccc78d499b1/detection

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kolos said:

Hello
I wanted to use your software, but it is infected.

 

It's not infected. It is a false positive. 61 out of 65 tools said it it fine.

 

Scan it on your PC with Windows Defender, or Avast, or Norton or any other famous tool and you will see that KingGen is fine

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...