KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

@KingSlayerGM
I would really appreciate some insight into where i am going wrong.
Currently trying to generate maps using WOW (War of the Walkers) poi list. I am guessing it is a file format issue as you clearly state that all prefabs that dont meet the specific rules they are ignored which is exactly what is happening.
My thinking was to use the in app poi gen tool which provides the below format
Vanilla poi: water_tower_03,21,21,24,-1,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,town/rural/city,residentialold/industrial/residentialnew
WOW poi: wotw_Business_AutoShop1,32,15,32,-5,0,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,,commercial
I guess the question is what do i need to edit in the prefabs to make them work with Kingen?

Edited by Charger265 (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Charger265 said:

@KingSlayerGM
I would really appreciate some insight into where i am going wrong.
Currently trying to generate maps using WOW (War of the Walkers) poi list. I am guessing is a format issue as you clearly state that all prefabs that done meet the specific rules they are ignored which is exactly what is happening.
My thinking was to use the in app poi gen tool which provides the below format
Vanilla poi: water_tower_03,21,21,24,-1,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,town/rural/city,residentialold/industrial/residentialnew
WOW poi: wotw_Business_AutoShop1,32,15,32,-5,0,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,,commercial
I guess the question is what do i need to edit in the prefabs to make them work with Kingen?

It looks like in your example the wow poi is missing the township attribute. Township can be city, town, rural and wilderness.

You have 2 options to fix it:

1) you change it in the poi list generated by KG.

2) you change it in the poi xml and then generate a new poi list. If you want to know how, just open the xml of a vanilla poi and there you will find the township property.

Does this happen with just one poi or with all of them? Perhaps you should contact the author of wow to inform him of this.

1 hour ago, KingSlayerGM said:

It looks like in your example the wow poi is missing the township attribute. Township can be city, town, rural and wilderness.

You have 2 options to fix it:

1) you change it in the poi list generated by KG.

2) you change it in the poi xml and then generate a new poi list. If you want to know how, just open the xml of a vanilla poi and there you will find the township property.

Does this happen with just one poi or with all of them? Perhaps you should contact the author of wow to inform him of this.

Absolute legend... Thanks for the quick response @KingSlayerGM
Worked perfectly... (option 1) Let me know if you want the poi list for your reference
Now to find your donate page

No probs will do @KingSlayerGM

Also so you know, I just finished the first public release of my biome editing tool earlier today and have included palettes for the current selection of biomes, kinggens city / town / villiage and no poi regions as well as a palette for the zones.

I will work on allowing having the heightmap as a background image layer to help with making the poi placement and zoning maps and will look at wether or not its possible to add a water map editor to it as well.

I've posted the links to the biome editor and the c++ source code for it in separate tools thread

Edited by scallipus (see edit history)

1 minute ago, scallipus said:

No probs will do @KingSlayerGM

Also so you know, I just finished the first public release of my biome editing tool earlier today and have included palettes for the current selection of biomes, kinggens city / town / villiage and no poi regions as well as a palette for the zones.

I will work on allowing having the heightmap as a background image layer to help with making the poi placement and zoning maps and will look at wether or not its possible to add a water map editor to it as well.

I've posted the links to the biome editor in separate tools threa

I'll check it out!

This is an awesome tool! In order to not reinvent the wheel, does anyone have a heightmap for Navezgane?

I'm not very good at drawing due to a disability but I'm trying to recreate (or make something similar to) the canyon, including the mine, exits, gift shop, and broken bridges in a 6k or 8k map.

Also, are there any plans on adding support for using custom prefabs rather than editing prefabs.xml?

Edited by DJQuad (see edit history)

1 minute ago, DJQuad said:

This is an awesome tool! In order to not reinvent the wheel, does anyone have a heightmap for Navezgane?

I'm not very good at drawing due to a disability but I'm trying to recreate (or make something similar to) the canyon, including the mine, exits, gift shop, and broken bridges. 

Also, are there any plans on adding support for using custom prefabs rather than editing prefabs.xml

Hi and welcome!

You will be happy to know that you can already use custom prefabs :) to do so you need to supply KG with a poi list. You can write that by hand, or you can let KG generate one for you starting from a prefabs folder, or you can use a poi list available online, for example the Compo Pack provides its list. You can find more info about this on the first page.

5 hours ago, DJQuad said:

Thanks! I got the pack. It doesn't look like there's anything related to the canyon so I'll ask them. Do you know if there's a heightmap for Navezgane? 

There is a heightmap its the dta.raw file in the navezgane world folder

If I am not mistaken king gen can import that raw file???

Today I released a community map for King Gen, its based on the Australian Digital Elevation Map data set.

I have put a completed world up on my  scallisgaming wbsite for download.

Here is the direct download link to the world archive

https://scallisgaming.com/ScallisAussieMap.7z

It's a 7zip archive and to use it, unpack it and copy the directory that unpacks to your 7 days to die GeneratedWorlds folder and start a new game :)

It uses vanilla poi's (inb4uask)

Feel free to use the map however you like, It's for you - The 7 Days To Die Community to play with :) 

And here is a preview of the map
spacer.png

Edited by scallipus (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, scallipus said:

Today I released a community map for King Gen, its based on the Australian Digital Elevation Map data set.

It's a 7zip archive and to use it, unpack it and copy the directory that unpacks to your 7 days to die GeneratedWorlds folder and start a new game :)

Feel free to use the map however you like, It's for you - The 7 Days To Die Community to play with :) 

spacer.png

It looks very nice, thank you for sharing :)

I tried using both dtm.raw and dtm_processed.raw -

Generating heightmap.
Generating biomes.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui.py", line 1518, in generate
  File "ntime.py", line 11, in ntime
  File "world.py", line 1192, in run
  File "world.py", line 230, in generate
  File "world.py", line 965, in init_biomes_map
  File "world.py", line 980, in load_biomes
Exception: Wrong custom biomes map.
    Got: (3072, 3072, 3),uint8
    Expected: (6144, 6144, 3),uint8
The biomes map must be a 24-bit, rgb, png file, whose size matches the world size.

I tried opening it up in Photoshop but the colors are really sharp and not as blurry as heightmaps.

2 minutes ago, DJQuad said:

I tried using both dtm.raw and dtm_processed.raw -

Generating heightmap.
Generating biomes.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui.py", line 1518, in generate
  File "ntime.py", line 11, in ntime
  File "world.py", line 1192, in run
  File "world.py", line 230, in generate
  File "world.py", line 965, in init_biomes_map
  File "world.py", line 980, in load_biomes
Exception: Wrong custom biomes map.
    Got: (3072, 3072, 3),uint8
    Expected: (6144, 6144, 3),uint8
The biomes map must be a 24-bit, rgb, png file, whose size matches the world size.

I tried opening it up in Photoshop but the colors are really sharp and not as blurry as heightmaps.

This error is saying that the biomes map file has a different dimension (3k). But you have selected 6k.

The problem is with biomes, not heightmap.

Edited by KingSlayerGM (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, DJQuad said:

I don't believe so, it opened in Photoshop as 6k. To be clear, I'm using \7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\Navezgane\dtm_processed.raw. Are you able to open it?

raw files are heightmaps, however KG is complaining about the biomes file you supplied. THe heightmap seems fine

7 hours ago, scallipus said:

spacer.png

What are the dark brown and grey areas?