BROKEN AI for Hawaiian Zombie? They totally ignore me when near a specific location.

Vedui

I was making a new base type, and all was going great, until I tested with Hawaiian Zombies. And was stunned! For some reason, if near the location they will go towards a specific location, going through blocks as opposed to an open corridor 5 blocks away, through concrete, steel, and ignoring me until I'm ~1 block away. As from the pic, they are aware of me, they look at me, and they're even targeting me in their AI.

But they WON'T come for me.

Has anyone seen that with the new Hawaiian zombie?

I included the overhead debug info (num-pad 0) in my video, so it's clear they are targeting me as a player, but they simply won't approach. Other zombies were all fine, I tested that too, so it's only the Hawaiian zombie.

Full video where you can see how really weird this looks in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CfCjBYy6xM&list=PL5Z54hiemOAvj8-PeONb-9O2Y3fTgg7pN

And needless to say, it is causing some issues with the base build, as while the zombie itself doesn't try to kill me, it'll make tunnels through the base trying to go straight to the location luring them in, busting through walls and traps alike 😛

Trying to figure out enough to leave a proper bug report on it :)

Untitle1d.png

Untitled.png

i know you will argue about this but... i wont argue tho... so here goes :)

your pics and your video shows you are in god mode (ai Should Not attack if you are in god mode and are invisible (this is by design)) if they do attack while in gmode and invisible,  then you have a bug to report. (yes there is an invisible setting in dm)

you will need to try to catch this without gmode, under usual circumstances the player should not be playing in god mode and expect to play normal too. if you find this happening with gmode on and suspect certain blocks that affect this.. then please catch it on video and focus on block for a screen shot.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

7 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

i know you will argue about this but... i wont argue tho... so here goes :)

your pics and your video shows you are in god mode (ai Should Not attack if you are in god mode and are invisible (this is by design)) if they do attack while in gmode and invisible,  then you have a bug to report. (yes there is an invisible setting in dm)

you will need to try to catch this without gmode, under usual circumstances the player should not be playing in god mode and expect to play normal too. if you find this happening with gmode on and suspect certain blocks that affect this.. then please catch it on video and focus on block for a screen shot.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

I was of course not invisible, as can be seen in the video by all the other zombies working just fine :) It was only the hawaiian that was having this issues. The same was experienced whether god mode or not.  I remember the invisible feature was "fixed" fairly recently in the patch history, which was great and really helped test some other stuff. But in this case invisible mode had nothing to do with it :)

I just happened to be in god mode as I was zipping around while trying to figure out what was going on :)

6 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

i want to add that on my test a19.4b7 i am not witnessing this... the fat zombie always comes after me (even when gmode is on even tho he cant kill me). i  tested with reg fat tourist and ferals... they did not give up the desire to eat my brains.

Yes, it only seems to happen at specific locations. I showed this in the video too, running around outside on the streets was all fine, but as they got (too close) to the tunnel, they had a tendency to just go in tracking the inside point and stop following the player. So it's not something which happens all the time or everywhere, but it definitely is happening at that location consistently.

Archived