Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)

pipermac

15 hours ago, Untamed_Wolf said:

Thanks pipermac! My players are loving the mod, even in its alpha state.

how many do you have playing it? have you got any feedback like what they really want to be completed next?   I have  quite a few things to do but  am not sure what the priority should be  on them.   

Hi Pipermac

Thank you very much for the update 1.21, simple curiosity, in the description it shows only a fix issue and nothing else, ¿are there more changes or was it just that?
I ask because it would be easier to download only the files that were modified, instead of having to download the entire mod.
There is also something that I would like to see changed, I mean the cloning cameras, they emit a lot of light and my vision tires me out, you think that change can be made.
Regards

4 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi Pipermac

Thank you very much for the update 1.21, simple curiosity, in the description it shows only a fix issue and nothing else, ¿are there more changes or was it just that?
I ask because it would be easier to download only the files that were modified, instead of having to download the entire mod.
There is also something that I would like to see changed, I mean the cloning cameras, they emit a lot of light and my vision tires me out, you think that change can be made.
Regards

I actually have a whole new set of cloning chambers, just go the assets for them... So they will be changing soon. Ya this version just has the fix.  Change is in recipes. XML and in progression.xml

Is there a Wiki for the mod, or any video showing exactly how to do all the cloning and farming?  I'm very very lost.  I've made the simple cloning chamber and did successfully get a Chicken Coop, but when I placed it, it looked like a dead boar and is now just a square slab on the ground?  Am I supposed to do anything different?

On 4/29/2021 at 1:46 AM, EmD89 said:

Is there a Wiki for the mod, or any video showing exactly how to do all the cloning and farming?  I'm very very lost.  I've made the simple cloning chamber and did successfully get a Chicken Coop, but when I placed it, it looked like a dead boar and is now just a square slab on the ground?  Am I supposed to do anything different?

heh...its still alpha......working on building up the quest system to help explain things.    The slab on the ground should spawn the animal and then disappear.

I just downloaded your mod for the first time (so I got the latest one), and there are a few things that immediately stand out to me by looking at the skills menu.

LbiyTa4.png

DCYaYat.png

...Is this intentional?  Are there really only two and three levels of the new perks respectively?  It won't let me unlock the last few levels, despite having Fortitude and Intellect maxed out.

Q3XbanV.png

Also, seed packs have no info on how to unlock them.  The XML file says they're unlocked by the Planting and Growing perk, so I assume you have to have that maxed out to unlock the seed packs, which it's not letting me do.

59 minutes ago, CrypticGirl said:

I just downloaded your mod for the first time (so I got the latest one), and there are a few things that immediately stand out to me by looking at the skills menu.

LbiyTa4.png

DCYaYat.png

...Is this intentional?  Are there really only two and three levels of the new perks respectively?  It won't let me unlock the last few levels, despite having Fortitude and Intellect maxed out.

Q3XbanV.png

Also, seed packs have no info on how to unlock them.  The XML file says they're unlocked by the Planting and Growing perk, so I assume you have to have that maxed out to unlock the seed packs, which it's not letting me do.

It's still alpha.... More perk levels are coming.... The seed packs I will look into asap. I think I may know why. It may be because you invested in the non existent perks. 

1 hour ago, CrypticGirl said:

LbiyTa4.png

DCYaYat.png

Q3XbanV.png

I figured it out....when I fixed a previous problem with the actual seeds it broke the Seed Packs.   Download this file and replace the one in the mod with it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-jR7frh1uyKNmbgMJEB-vhdUEOzrQbu5/view?usp=sharing

Okay, that seemed to do the trick, but there's another problem.  On the second page, someone commented that their character had been reset, and the save file had been corrupted.  I've had that happen numerous times lately myself, so I think there is something going on with this mod that's borking the save files.  I just had the game crash on me during my stream, and when I relaunched, my character was reset.

15 minutes ago, CrypticGirl said:

Okay, that seemed to do the trick, but there's another problem.  On the second page, someone commented that their character had been reset, and the save file had been corrupted.  I've had that happen numerous times lately myself, so I think there is something going on with this mod that's borking the save files.  I just had the game crash on me during my stream, and when I relaunched, my character was reset.

Very confident nothing with the mod is doing anything the save file. It's a reletively common problem especially when the game crashes.  

3 hours ago, pipermac said:

Very confident nothing with the mod is doing anything the save file. It's a reletively common problem especially when the game crashes.  

Actually, I'm wondering if the glitch is caused by the 100k stack size for dukes.  The game has been known to bug out with anything more than 30k stack sizes.

7 hours ago, Gagarin said:

maybe i did something wrong but when i open a ready clone chamber the inventory is always empty .thanks in advance https://ibb.co/4WdFJLr

Did you place a ready one from Creative?  if so that will not work...you have to place the first one and let it upgrade.

5 hours ago, CrypticGirl said:

Another question: Is there another way to get human DNA besides doing the cloning quest line?  It doesn't show as a craftable item like the animal DNA.

Heh!  Looks like there isnt!   I will fix that...in the meantime use Creative to get some.

Hello pipermac, Cloning chambers are creating a huge brightness throughout the area. everything is blown out by light the more I add these. I've confirmed those by destroying and putting it back the chambers.

2 minutes ago, GMikbal said:

Hello pipermac, Cloning chambers are creating a huge brightness throughout the area. everything is blown out by light the more I add these. I've confirmed those by destroying and putting it back the chambers.

Yes I am aware and have fixed for the next version. Thanks

On 5/6/2021 at 6:21 PM, CrypticGirl said:

Actually, I'm wondering if the glitch is caused by the 100k stack size for dukes.  The game has been known to bug out with anything more than 30k stack sizes.

you are correct and anything over 30k will cause many errors within the game. 

Corruption is possible due to this.  The mod looks like it is coming along nicely tho and when further advanced i will probably use it as well. but i have mates that use it. 

I would suggest that be changed to 30k myself but man the animals in this mod is really cool. 

Just now, stallionsden said:

Corruption is possible due to this.  The mod looks like it is coming along nicely tho and when further advanced i will probably use it as well. but i have mates that use it. 

I would suggest that be changed to 30k myself but man the animals in this mod is really cool. 

I think it is.  I went and tweaked the stack size myself, and I haven't had any corruptions or player resets since. XD

46 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Thanks, ya I have changed the stack to 30k

Btw.... Next version is looking like it will have signicant updates,  new cloning Workstation and Alchemy station that are upgradeabl, overhaul with the way cloning stations get crafted. Basic chamber don't get destroyed  but are emptied, you need to upgrade to a workable chamber using cloning ingredients. I have someone working on new recipes that should also be ready. Perks/skills added. New quests.   Gonna be significant! 

image.png.049b90d7f66b4e928adebc70dfc46810.png

image.png.42f829543be4c9c856ea896de1f43ede.png

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)